Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
jimmy40;1838158 said:
It's only a stupid rule because no Cowboy has been hurt by it. Let Romo wreck a knee because of a horse collar and I know you'd be singing a different tune.

No, it's a stupid rule. Period. Regardless of who would get hurt. Have you EVER played the game? If so you would know that it has been going on since they found a funny shaped ball and started kicking it around. Get a grip.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;1838193 said:

I wouldn't either. I think it's a dumb rule. How are you to tackle the QB from behind in a split second before he outruns you?

It's a terrible rule.

sbark

Reaction score
Watkins hurt bad?.........could be shorthanded at Safety vrs.Carolina

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
smarta5150;1837923 said:
I still don't get the horsecollar... sometimes thats the only high percentage tackle from behind.

Stupid rule.

I agree...why is that outlawed but chop blocks by OL in a certain area are allowed? one happens ALOT more than the other, and has resulted in FAR more injuries over the years

its a stupid rule

two hand tag or flag football is not far off

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838234 said:
I agree...why is that outlawed but chop blocks by OL in a certain area are allowed? one happens ALOT more than the other, and has resulted in FAR more injuries over the years

its a stupid rule

two hand tag or glag football is not far off

David
:signmast:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;1838190 said:
There are a lot of rules I don't like. That is one of them. I don't like that DBs can't look cross eyed at a WR without Pass Interference being called. It's football and it is a physical game. I understand it's a rule, but I'm never going to agree with it.

I'm not debating the rule.

There are tons of rules for all of us...every day...and probably a lot that we don't agree with.

The guy is supposed to be a pro. He's supposed to play under control. AND given that the rule was originally NAMED after him, I'd think he'd show a bit more discipline.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838234 said:

its a stupid rule

two hand tag or glag football is not far off

David

I hate glag football. :D

Smith22

Reaction score
Juke99;1838246 said:

There are tons of rules for all of us...every day...and probably a lot that we don't agree with.

The guy is supposed to be a pro. He's supposed to play under control. AND given that the rule was originally NAMED after him, I'd think he'd show a bit more discipline.
Amen.

Randy White

Reaction score
suspend him for playing like the 10th man in an 11 men defense against the pass.

" Uhh, ummm, there's a TE coming my way. What should I do now ? Uhh, hello there, Mr TE. Say hello to the missus on your way to the 1st down ".

Taz

Reaction score
Juke99;1838246 said:

There was the so called Emitt Rule. Where you couldn;t take our he,lemt off untill you were off the field. You never saw smith get called for his own rule. Then again it isn't intwined as tackling is.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Juke99;1838246 said:

I don't think anyone is debating that he broke a rule. Just that it's a stupid rule. And if given the choice between letting the guy score a TD or break a rule, you take the penalty and go from there. That's what's called taking a good penalty.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Randy White;1838259 said:
suspend him for playing like the 10th man in an 11 men defense against the pass.

" Uhh, ummm, there's a TE coming my way. What should I do now ? Uhh, hello there, Mr TE. Say hello to the missus on your way to the 1st down ".

:hammer: :lmao:

mitchell2254

Reaction score
The one he had today was legal. The rule says if you get a hand on them anywhere else first the horse collar is allowed. He clearly got McNabbs midsection first. I think that is why he was so upset with the call

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;1838246 said:

I am debating the rule. I flat out do not like it, never have, never will. Does he need to show better judgment? Sure, but so does every player who grabs a face mask and turns someone's head. That's a rule I agree with. This one is dumb.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99;1838246 said:

what was he supposed to do? let him keep running for another 20-30 yds or so?

its a stupid rule...people are bashing him for a 15 yd penalty, McNabb was probably going to get at least that anyway if he didnt make the play

David

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you saying how it's a stupid rule because in the heat of the moment ya do what ya have to...or because it's the only way to bring a guy down...etc...

Why, in my 40 years of watching this game, do I not remember any player making this kind of tackle before Roy Williams? I mean, after all, if it is the only way to tackle an opposing player, is Williams the only guy who's ever been running down a player from behind?

And please spare me with trying to debate this by saying you've seen this kind of tackle before.

If you'd like, so long as you bring the pizza, you can come over to my house..and we'll put in any or all of the 30-40 historical Cowboy games that I have and I'll defy you to find that kind of tackle in ANY of those games.

AND those games feature some safeties who were pretty tough (who's jocks by the way, Williams couldn't carry) like Cliff Harris and Darren Woodson.