Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

jimmy40

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1838209 said:
No, it's a stupid rule. Period. Regardless of who would get hurt. Have you EVER played the game? If so you would know that it has been going on since they found a funny shaped ball and started kicking it around. Get a grip.
No, your the only one here that's ever played the game. :rolleyes: It's a good rule because it's a chicken **** way to tackle and it's been a chicken **** way to tackle since they found a funny shaped ball and.... whatever stupid crap you said. I guess you were one of the chicken ***** that tackled like that so that makes it OK.

sacase

Reaction score
THe horse collar is a stupid rule. Its only illegal in the NFL. At every other level of play it is legal....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99;1838330 said:
I have a question for those of you saying how it's a stupid rule because in the heat of the moment ya do what ya have to...or because it's the only way to bring a guy down...etc...

Why, in my 40 years of watching this game, do I not remember any player making this kind of tackle before Roy Williams? I mean, after all, if it is the only way to tackle an opposing player, is Williams the only guy who's ever been running down a player from behind?

And please spare me with trying to debate this by saying you've seen this kind of tackle before.

If you'd like, so long as you bring the pizza, you can come over to my house..and we'll put in any or all of the 30-40 historical Cowboy games that I have and I'll defy you to find that kind of tackle in ANY of those games.

AND those games feature some safeties who were pretty tough (who's jocks by the way, Williams couldn't carry) like Cliff Harris and Darren Woodson.

I have seen that tackle before...nobody said crap about it for eons because thats the way the game is played

its a stupid rule...it doesnt happen that much during the course of games anyway, so why have a rule for it? Like I said in another post, there is another play they continue to allow that happens ALL the time that causes far worse injuries, and they do nothing about it...why? because it HELPS THE OFFENSE

they outlawed horse collars, why? because it HELPS THE OFFENSE

David

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hostile;1838293 said:
I am debating the rule. I flat out do not like it, never have, never will. Does he need to show better judgment? Sure, but so does every player who grabs a face mask and turns someone's head. That's a rule I agree with. This one is dumb.
How many people grab facemasks on purpose?

mitchell2254

Reaction score
How is it a chicken **** way of tackling. So is cut blocking but it's effective. The crack back is cheap but it works. Tackling a back low is chicken ****. You see what i'm getting at here. That tackle has caused one major injury that I know of. How many guys get hurt a year again?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;1838330 said:
I have a question for those of you saying how it's a stupid rule because in the heat of the moment ya do what ya have to...or because it's the only way to bring a guy down...etc...

Why, in my 40 years of watching this game, do I not remember any player making this kind of tackle before Roy Williams? I mean, after all, if it is the only way to tackle an opposing player, is Williams the only guy who's ever been running down a player from behind?

And please spare me with trying to debate this by saying you've seen this kind of tackle before.

If you'd like, so long as you bring the pizza, you can come over to my house..and we'll put in any or all of the 30-40 historical Cowboy games that I have and I'll defy you to find that kind of tackle in ANY of those games.

AND those games feature some safeties who were pretty tough (who's jocks by the way, Williams couldn't carry) like Cliff Harris and Darren Woodson.
How did people tackle Earl Campbell in the tear away jersey years?

This kind of tackle has been around for a long time. Love to do the pizza and old games though.

Smith22

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838366 said:
they outlawed horse collars, why?

David

Because people were coming up with season ending injuries.

TO, Musa Smith, WR from TEN, etc......

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
you know why he had to horse collar??cause his slow *** could not catch a one legged aging QB... if he does not return next year i will shed no tears.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jimmy40;1838380 said:
How many people grab facemasks on purpose?
You tell me. Whatever your answer is I'll agree with you. I'm sure that's what you want, so no problem.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838366 said:
I have seen that tackle before...nobody said crap about it for eons because thats the way the game is played

its a stupid rule...it doesnt happen that much during the course of games anyway, so why have a rule for it? Like I said in another post, there is another play they continue to allow that happens ALL the time that causes far worse injuries, and they do nothing about it...why? because it HELPS THE OFFENSE

they outlawed horse collars, why? because it HELPS THE OFFENSE

David

Gee, what a shock. The first argument is to say you've seen it before. Tell ya what, I'll send ya all 30 DVD's...just so long as you send 'em back. Show me ONE play where that kind of tackle happens.

And again, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE RULE IS STUPID OR NOT. IT'S A FRIGGIN RULE!!! What on earth don't you guys understand about that?

Ya ever see a traffic sign in a stupid place. Ya ever see a speed limit that is beyond stupid. Ya think you can go to court and have the ticket dismissed by saying to the judge, "Hey it's a stupid rule"

Have a nice chat fellas.

I'm done.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Juke99;1838330 said:

So, as part of the debate, we are not permitted to say that we have ever seen it in the past?

Ok, you win.

However, the one thing to remember is that players are different today. Remember what Art Donovan once said..."In my day, we didn't have cruciate ligaments."

In other words, guys are getting hurt because they aren't as flexible as they were in the "Old" days. They are so ripped and they just don't bend like they did. But yes, I will violate the rule and say, I have seen it in the past before Roy came into the league. You don't think Roy invented tackling from behind do you?

jimmy40

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1838369 said:
Why? JJ isnt good, but its not like he is constantly breaking a rule that was named after him.
Wait till they make a rule against running into the back of an Olineman. Then he's screwed.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Teague31;1838390 said:
you know why he had to horse collar??cause his slow *** could not catch a one legged aging QB... if he does not return next year i will shed no tears.
for real! play the rookie anybody but mr. overrated

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;1838382 said:
How did people tackle Earl Campbell in the tear away jersey years?

This kind of tackle has been around for a long time. Love to do the pizza and old games though.

I respect your opinion tremendously.

The pizza invite is on.

You won't find one play where that kind of tackle is made.

Anyway, I know when I'm in over my head in a discussion.

:D

:bang2: See, this little fella here will continue to bang his head against the brick wall. BUT...my folks raised me smarter than him. ;)

Later.

Smith22

Reaction score
I saw the tackle plenty BEFORE it was outlawed. Now the only one who seems to keep getting called for it is Roy, AFTER it was outlawed.