Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Are you kidding? Roy is one of the fastest player in the NFL. He's faster than any crappy Commander out there.

:eek: :p: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: It does not get any funnier than that!

VirusX

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Well if a defender is fast enough, unlike Roy, he won't have to reach out and grab hold of the back of the jersey in desperation. Considering how many serious injuries resulted from the move, it's completely reasonable to since so many players still did it and got away with it last season.

Many serious injuries happen from people falling down so shall we penalize people who falling down because its going to happen?

15 Yrd penalty on number 27 who tripped and fell.

I can understand facemasking. But to not allow someone to tackle a person by grabing the jersey from behind is just moronic.

calico

Reaction score
Damn, I am surprised it doesn't just say that it is a penalty only

"when a player wearing a white jersey, silver helmet w/a star, and #31 makes a tackle. Then it is an immediate 15 yard penalty, ejection, and $50,000 fine- Tags"

superpunk

Reaction score
Raneiron#31 said:
There was actually a player on our roster that was injured by the horse collar. Give up? It was none other than Julius Jones, thats how he got hurt, one of the eagles players (believe it was Dhani) horse collared JJ at the sidelines after JJ had broke away from the D. No call was made so.........
It was dumb Trotter, all sorts of players do it.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
:eek: :p: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: It does not get any funnier than that!

Commander fans. It doesn't get any funnier than that!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Williams would grab a player by the back of his shoulder pads, pull him down and fall on his legs, causing at least four serious injuries during the 2004 season.

First of all, Roy caused only three serious injuries with so-called horse-collar tackles in 2004. (Jamal Lewis wasn't hurt by Roy, and he wasn't hurt on a horse-collar tackle.) And secondly, Roy fell on only one player's legs (Musa Smith). He never touched Owens' legs or Tyrone Calico's legs.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Name one other guy who got injured from the horse collar other than TO. And don't tell me you care about TO's injury. You probobly enjoyed it.

A Titans player did, by your very own Roy Williams. Matter of fact, four players suffered serious injuries from the horse collar in 2004. Portis was injured in a similar way late last season. Fortunately for us, he was able to play in the following week. It happened numerous times last season, and players stayed down, those players were just fortunate to not be as injured as badly TO or the Titans player was.

superpunk

Reaction score
Raneiron#31 said:
Ahhh thx Superpunk, I knew it was one of those dern LBs.

NP....the horse collar tackle happens all the time, by players on all teams. It's not a big surprise. And it has nothing to do with how fast you are. You tackle people by any means, noone is TRYING to hurt anyone else. It's just a surer shot going high on a player than swinging for his feet.

It seems to me, that it would require pretty exceptional speed to run a player down from behind, and grab them high, rather than diving and taking out their feet. So any moronic claim that Roy makes that play "because he's slow" is just that - moronic.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
A Titans player did, by your very own Roy Williams. Matter of fact, four players suffered serious injuries from the horse collar in 2004. Portis was injured in a similar way late last season. Fortunately for us, he was able to play in the following week. It happened numerous times last season, and players stayed down, those players were just fortunate to not be as injured as badly TO or the Titans player was.

Just curious, but is football a contact sport?

VThokie7

Reaction score
The main problem I have is I don't see how they expect players to tackle players that have gotten in front of them. Are you just suppose to let them run for a touchdown because they have broken away?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I guess slow *** Sean Taylor will have to stop doing the exact same thing....:rolleyes:
hey he might get faster in the next 5-30 years his in jail though!!:p:;):cool::p:

Raneiron#31

Reaction score
I am starting to believe that Taglibue believes in magic, because thats the only way people are going to be able to tackle players when they get in front of them.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
The main problem I have is I don't see how they expect players to tackle players that have gotten in front of them. Are you just suppose to let them run for a touchdown because they have broken away?

No, you just dive at their legs. Nobody ever gets hurt when someone dives at their legs.

superpunk

Reaction score
VThokie7 said:

Well, like I said, you can dive, and swipe the feet. But passing this rule, they're limiting some of the great athletes in the league from using their incredible abilities in tackling. Hell, if they're gonna pass this, why not pass some rule making it illegal to touch the side of guy's knees. I'm sure that would save a ton of ACL injuries.....

Ridiculous.

VirusX

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
No, you just dive at their legs. Nobody ever gets hurt when someone dives at their legs.

Except QB's which is illegal now :laugh2:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
im waiting wiating for someone to warren sapp someone...just pick them up and slam them down