Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

superpunk

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
No, you just dive at their legs. Nobody ever gets hurt when someone dives at their legs.

LOL. IMO, it hurts way worse going down blind like that. Guys break collar bones like that. Go down blind with the ball, full speed, slam into the turf. It ain't fun.

jrockster77

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Are you kidding? Roy is one of the fastest player in the NFL. He's faster than any crappy Commander out there.

Dumbest statement ever made on any message board ever.

superpunk

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Dumbest statement ever made on any message board ever.

Dumbness begets dumbness. Gamebreaker had it coming. You say stupid flaming crap, you get stupid flaming crap back.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
sacase said:
I guess that is too bad for your lover Sean Taylor.....since Roy is FASTER than him.

Both players ran a 4.5 coming out of college. And if you knew anything about football, which you don't, you would know all players either play faster or slower than their dash numbers.

So really have nothing, besides your obvious homerism, to base this on.

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Both players ran a 4.5 coming out of college. And if you knew anything about football, which you don't, you would know all players either play faster or slower than their dash numbers.

So is Sean Taylor faster than Roy Williams?

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

Decided to show your face again now that you have another Commander buddy on this thread?

dontpush

Reaction score
VirusX said:
Anyone interested in joining me on the complaint emails please do.

http://www.nfl.com/help/emailtech

Negative Comment's here they come.

thanks, my opinion has been expressed to the nfl...this is getting insane...more people please send in e-mails telling them what you think....this is horrible for the nfl....sad.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FootballFan86 said:
Tyrone Calico TEN-WR
Musa Smith BAL-RB
Terrell Owens PHI-WR
Nope, nope, and nope. None were injured by the "jersey horse collar".

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Explain something to me.

If your chasing a player can you still grab his jersey and tackle him with a forward motion? Or is that also a penalty?

VirusX

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Explain something to me.

If your chasing a player can you still grab his jersey and tackle him with a forward motion? Or is that also a penalty?

If you are Roy Williams no. If you are anyone else yes. :laugh2:

Im not sure on that one. I think it is only if you pull him down quickly from behind. Meaning now roy will grab the back of the jersey and stop his forward motion and then pull him to the ground lol.

superpunk

Reaction score
DD, I would think to be able to pull that move off, you would have to be ungodly fast. And your momentum, if you were that fast, would probably propel the receiver even farther forward than a dive/swipe would.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
this is kind of funny.... hey roy williams can be faster... but Sean Taylor hits like a mack truck... id rather have a slow hard hitter than Forrest Gump.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Dumbness begets dumbness. Gamebreaker had it coming. You say stupid flaming crap, you get stupid flaming crap back.

Great excuse. Too bad it doesn't apply here. Apparently the league agrees with me, but I doubt they'd ever agree that Roy is the fastest player in the league. Try again.

FootballFan86

Reaction score
theogt said:
Nope, nope, and nope. None were injured by the "jersey horse collar".

I'm not sure if they were all non-jersey "horse collar" tackles. Do you have something to confirm what you said? The fact is that those players were injured due to the "horse collar" tackle.

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Great excuse. Too bad it doesn't apply here. Apparently the league agrees with me, but I doubt they'd ever agree that Roy is the fastest player in the league. Try again.

The league agrees with you that Roy Williams makes this play because he is too slow to do otherwise? Who in the league told you that? Because I didn't see it anywhere in the article, Norman.

VirusX

Reaction score
FootballFan86 said:
I'm not sure if they were all non-jersey "horse collar" tackles. Do you have something to confirm what you said? The fact is that those players were injured due to the "horse collar" tackle.

Your correct but horse-collar was defined as grabbing the shoulder pads. Which he didnt for those 3 injuries. No one has been hurt but the use of the jersey being pulled down because it has a give to it unlike the shoulder pads.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

Oh, it applies here. If you don't like it, you can go back to a Deadskin forum.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Man.....this is really frustrating....This rule blows worse than any that exist. I thought injuries were part of football. Next thing you know the qb's will be wearing a red jersey that says "Dont Hit Me" on it:banghead: