Roy Williams Trade 2.0

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Problem is this, the "Read Option" will not work in the NFL. LBs are too smart and too fast. The theory behind the read option is to put my best ATHLETE in a position to make a play. I said ATHLETE not QB.

Works well when Dak does it. Dak has run 7 or more times 5 times. 5-0.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Washed up when two years prior, in his third season, he was in the pro bowl, coming off his best season at 1300 yards?

Roy got used up in Detroit sir.. The only way we knew that it was Roy was the fact that his name is Roy because he looked nothing like he did in Detroit. Nothing.. That was a sentimental reach for Dallas.. This is different.

jay94

Reaction score
This guy has plenty of talent, definitely needs to work on his hands, he has every thing else done pat.

CapnB

Reaction score
Jerry signed off on this trade yall. But he didn't do the deal. Just not sure why people have a hard time understanding that now. Jerry does NOT make roster moves anymore. Stephen and Will McClay are the ones who make the deals. I for one can tell a big difference in our drafting the last few years

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry signed off on this trade yall. But he didn't do the deal. Just not sure why people have a hard time understanding that now. Jerry does NOT make roster moves anymore. Stephen and Will McClay are the ones who make the deals. I for one can tell a big difference in our drafting the last few years

Thats all Jerry has ever done. He's just getting better advice now and acting on it rather than his gut instincts........at least in regard to players.

RaqiderRage1

Reaction score
Maybe he can't stand the Raiders? You don't make the pro bowl 2 straight years right out of college with no heart.
What?? cant stand the Raiders...ahhh he dident trade his self ...he was delt because he is very unreliable. is in the top five in dropped passes the last 2yrs...

Dre11

Reaction score
What?? cant stand the Raiders...ahhh he dident trade his self ...he was delt because he is very unreliable. is in the top five in dropped passes the last 2yrs...

You don't know why he was delt, They delt Mack too. It's clear Gruden wants his own guys, he made the comment that he wanted to overhaul the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't know why he was delt, They delt Mack too. It's clear Gruden wants his own guys, he made the comment that he wanted to overhaul the team.
Yeah, Gruden has said this from the start, that it's a rebuild. Helps to fleece a couple of dummies!!!!

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, Gruden has said this from the start, that it's a rebuild. Helps to fleece a couple of dummies!!!!

It's not a fleece, you got a former pro bowler at 24 years old that's proven and not an unproven player.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

RaqiderRage1

Reaction score
you're double talking,,,that has nothing to do with the statement which was he dident like the Raiders so thats why he was traded

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
3 months from now....... "Cooper is just not getting separation", "Cooper's routes are jut not good enough", "Cooper has lost a step".

wait for it
We'll also be hearing about his bad attitude and how he is a distraction for Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
hows that
I do not believe we are one WR short of super bowl contention, and Amari has many issues, including extreme drops and an apparent regression for the last 2+ years.

Plus, perusing history, I can't even think of a time when a team gave up a first for a WR and it worked well. Nearest I can think of is when NE gave up a 2 for Welker to MIA.

Can you name one?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I do not believe we are one WR short of super bowl contention, and Amari has many issues, including extreme drops and an apparent regression for the last 2+ years.

Plus, perusing history, I can't even think of a time when a team gave up a first for a WR and it worked well. Nearest I can think of is when NE gave up a 2 for Welker to MIA.

Can you name one?
I can not [come up with a name]. I wish we had of given a second but that wasnt the circumstances and Jones was trying to jolt this team. Im not crazy about the price but we're talking value.

Dre11

Reaction score
you're double talking,,,that has nothing to do with the statement which was he dident like the Raiders so thats why he was traded

Comprehension son, did not say that's why he was traded, you said he he no heart, I said maybe he didn't like the Raiders. That to mean he may have wanted out of that environment, hated losing,the Raiders have been way down for most of his career. That takes a toll on players. But it also could be as simple as gruden doing what he said needed to be done, which is overhaul the roster, what better way to do that other than deal your best assets to acquire premium picks.

RaqiderRage1

Reaction score
Comprehension son, did not say that's why he was traded, you said he he no heart, I said maybe he didn't like the Raiders. That to mean he may have wanted out of that environment, hated losing,the Raiders have been way down for most of his career. That takes a toll on players. But it also could be as simple as gruden doing what he said needed to be done, which is overhaul the roster, what better way to do that other than deal your best assets to acquire premium picks.[/QUO....Since hes been with the Raiders compare the Raiders win vs loses and look at the Cowboys record during the same time