Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
theebs;2341283 said:
I find it comical the people espn employs.

Shawn king, chris carter, tom jackson, ron jaworski, merril hoge. they are the most outspoken and always talk about being leaders and what it takes to win and none of them ever won anything. Carter never even played in the superbowl.

The guys who work there that did win superbowls arent nearly as harsh. Its pretty funny.

The fox crew is a cast of champions. Jimmy, strahan, long and bradshaw. They dont talk about the players the way those morons at espn do.

I love listening to carter bag on people for what it takes to win. As if he had any idea what winning in big games was like. Always comical. he was awful on hbo and the two times I have watch espn in the morning on a sunday he is exactly the same.

With this you have violated the terms of your membership here. Go back and read Reality's post. It's in there.

burmafrd

Reaction score
100 lashes with a wet noodle and the real punishment: you have to llisten to a full week of Cowherd and Rome.

the playmaker

Reaction score
yesssss!!!!
# 11 ROY WILLIAMS
thanks J.J you are the upcoming SANTA CLAUS!!!!!!:laugh2: :starspin :starspin :starspin :lombardi: 6TH

Silverstar

Reaction score
WOW!

Just got home from work and am now just seeing this....HOLY ****!

Jerry really pulled it off...UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE!!!

:bow:

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

:starspin

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When do you guys think he'll start practicing...tomorrow (Thursday)?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theebs;2341283 said:
I find it comical the people espn employs.

Shawn king, chris carter, tom jackson, ron jaworski, merril hoge. they are the most outspoken and always talk about being leaders and what it takes to win and none of them ever won anything. Carter never even played in the superbowl.

The guys who work there that did win superbowls arent nearly as harsh. Its pretty funny.

The fox crew is a cast of champions. Jimmy, strahan, long and bradshaw. They dont talk about the players the way those morons at espn do.

I love listening to carter bag on people for what it takes to win. As if he had any idea what winning in big games was like. Always comical. he was awful on hbo and the two times I have watch espn in the morning on a sunday he is exactly the same.

:hammer:

I have swore off :espn: a couple of years ago and my IQ increased by 30 points.

ljs44

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2341314 said:
I agree that we needed to acquire another WR of Roy's calibre if we were to seriously contend. Without another legitimate receiving threat, I felt teams would suffocate Owens the way teams used to do to Michael Irvin after we lost Alvin Harper.

The Lions were under pressure to trade because Roy Williams is clearly not happy and teams don't want a malcontent in the locker room and will usually try to unload them if given reasonable compensation. I think a first round pick is reasonable. I don't think the Eagles would have given up as much as we did for Roy Williams. The Eagles have proven to be a rather cheap organization in the past.

That being said, I think we stood a good chance of acquiring him in free agency at the end of the season. People can guess and assume we would pay the exact same price we payed for him now at the end of the season but situations change and you can't say for sure that it would require a certain price. I don't think acquiring him this year significantly improves our chances of winning a championship because of our other problems so I would have preferred we wait to acquire him at the end of the season and weigh our options then.

I don't think you need to be a developing team to value 3rd round picks. Good teams draft well regardless of their situation and are always trying to develop their talent. This also helps add depth to a team.

In regards to the argument, I really was seeking how someone can say they know exactly what Detroit would have asked for in free agency should Williams be tagged. Of course, while the Cowboys are in trade talks with the Lions, the Lions are going to say one thing and make it appear as if they would ask for certain things to get a trade worked out now.

After reading a good portion of this thread, and having read Hos's take over the past year, I think it's safe to assume that Hos's source is involved with the Lions. But becuase of the respect he has for him, he will not come out and say that on a public forum.

As far as next season, if Detroit franchised him they would have to keep him on the team if no one signed him. And to think that they wouldn't ask for a minimum of a 1st and 3rd is crazy. Roy is a much better reciever than Branch and Price. It's not close.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I was so excited about the possibilites of Roy Williams coming to dallas, and now that it has happened, I am ecstatic.

I always liked the guy. This offense should be crazy fun to watch now.