Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2338901 said:
ouch

FuzzyLumpkins is going to be pissed

is every Cowboy fan celebrating on this site or what??

how is that even possible.... this server explodes into fire at the first sign of traffic

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I give the Cowboys front office credit for going out there and getting a top notch WR. Roy,T.O. and Witten is going to be tough to defend against.

The Eagles FO fails again. They better go after Boldin now.

Air Force One

Reaction score
oops i accidentally posted this as a thread but oh well here is a link to the news:

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/101508dnspocowboyswilliams.111b05472.html

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2338911 said:
How do we know that we can lock him up after this year? I like the trade but we would be completely screwed if he wouldn't sign an extension. Does anyone know if that is part of the deal?

According to the Detroit Free Press, his contract already has been "reworked."

http://freep.com/article/20081014/SPORTS01/81014063/1049

A source in Dallas said the deal involves multiple picks, including a first-rounder, and the Cowboys reworked Williams' contract.​

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Man I can't believe I finally got what I've been rooting for.

Not sure if I'm all that happy about what I just heard on NFL Network. They are saying it is the result of a First, Third and Sixth. I'd like to know if these are prorated over the coming years or what?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2338930 said:
I think the Jerry haters should get the first/biggest helping of that crow!

Normally I'd agree but I put myself right in line to have one of the first, biggest, helpings simply because I never really believed that they'd get him.

Hos you are my HERO right now for staying with this and telling us all that we just needed to be patient cause it would happen.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Timbo2st;2338924 said:
I give the Cowboys front office credit for going out there and getting a top notch WR. Roy,T.O. and Witten is going to be tough to defend against.

The Eagles FO fails again. They better go after Boldin now.

Roy was not going to Philly. It is not Phillys fault. he had to rework the deal - he pretty much had final say. He wanted to go back home to Texas.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
YOWZA!

Teams were getting smart to the fact that if they took Owens out of the game, the offense went out of synch.

They can't do that any longer.

Shame is, we have to wait to see Williams and Romo hook up.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
at the start of the yr i didnt think dallas was a superbowl winner. i always thought they needed that other wr. i knew crayton austin and hurd were not the answer. i knew teams would take owens and witten out of the game eventually.

enter roy and this is done, sealed and delivered. they're already putting the cowboys name on the trophy

utrunner07

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2338930 said:
I think the Jerry haters should get the first/biggest helping of that crow!

I'll be waiting to eat when this actually works out. Lets wait and see if TO and RW can function together...lets wait and see if our Oline can hold up long enough to let Romo or Brad get him the ball. Who cares that we signed him...we also signed Galloway, how did that turn out? Oh yeah...so when we win a playoff game this season and RW is a major contributor and TO does not tear this team apart....etc.etc. then I will eat crow.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
cowboys3128;2338938 said:
Crayton now permanently moves where he belongs - in the slot as a 3rd WR.
In today's NFL, their really is not set slot receiver.

I could count a ton of times during the game in 3 WR sets where TO is in the slot, so at any given time, anyone could be in the slot.

utrunner07

Reaction score
LatinMind;2338943 said:
at the start of the yr i didnt think dallas was a superbowl winner. i always thought they needed that other wr. i knew crayton austin and hurd were not the answer. i knew teams would take owens and witten out of the game eventually.

enter roy and this is done, sealed and delivered. they're already putting the cowboys name on the trophy

:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

what is really sad is you are serious....

wood28

Reaction score
WELCOME TO BIG D ROY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img513.*************/img513/8250/roywilliamsdp8.jpg