Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't think this guarantees us a Super Bowl at all, because we still have issues with the OLine (at least after this last game ) and we still have issues in our coverage (secondary)

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
utrunner07;2338977 said:
Remeber how happy we were when we signed Galloway? Remeber how we all knew that Pacman was going to solve our secondary woes? Lets wait to start claiming the Super Bowl until RW proves himself as a Dallas Cowboy. Roy can not play corner...he can not rush the passer, he can not protect the QB...lets all just take a step back and remeber exactly what kind of situation we are in. This is a desperate move by a desperate team on the edge of an abyss.

This has to be a troll job, no way could a cowboys fan not LOVE this move!

Deep_South

Reaction score
Well, the original Roy Williams can have "Biscuit" put on the back of his jersey and we'll know who he is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thrilled about the move regardless, for now and for the future.

Did we get definitive word on the compensation?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
utrunner07;2338977 said:
Remeber how happy we were when we signed Galloway? Remeber how we all knew that Pacman was going to solve our secondary woes? Lets wait to start claiming the Super Bowl until RW proves himself as a Dallas Cowboy. Roy can not play corner...he can not rush the passer, he can not protect the QB...lets all just take a step back and remeber exactly what kind of situation we are in. This is a desperate move by a desperate team on the edge of an abyss.

I'm not saying this gives us a Superbowl or anything but we're not exactly a desperate team. If those injuries that are a month long were going to be for the full season then we'd be desperate. Right now we're just a team whose going to try and stay above water level until some of our injured guys comeback and we can make a push in the second half of the season.

Stop trying to make the situation out to be worse than it really is, cause it's bad enough without you making it out like we're a 1-5 team who just lost all their important players for the year.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2338967 said:
snaps this week, you really only have to throw the ball up for grabs and Roy WIlly will get it

that's what seperates him from TO, he's a physical WR who uses his body to shield the ball from defenders, and is a pretty impressive leaper, for reference, think of a faster Keyshawn Johnson
damn the servers lol! anyways trust me i know Roy Williams game ive followed his career closely since he was at Texas with me being a huge Longhorns fan! my only worry is that the coaching staff will feel they need to have him learn the system better before giving him a ton of snaps. hell im with u though just throw him a bunch of jump balls lol!

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
zeromaster;2338972 said:
Definitely a boost for the offense assuming RJ doesn't outwit himself further with another weapon.

Defense and special teams are still a work in progress...

who the F is "RJ"?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2338980 said:
if Hurd goes on IR nobody gets released i think

Yeah they'll just go ahead and put Hurd on IR for sure now. No reason to keep his roster spot in hopes that he might return really late in the season to be the #5 WR.

TD22

Reaction score
I LOVE THE COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RW
TO
Crayton
Austin
Witten
MBIII

Brad definitely has the weapons for the next three games.....

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
stasheroo;2338994 said:
I'm thrilled about the move regardless, for now and for the future.

Did we get definitive word on the compensation?

We sent Detroit a first, third and sixth. We got Roy E. Williams and a seventh.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
utrunner07;2338977 said:
Negative Nancy! How can you be down on something like this with all the bad news we've had? The RW trade talk was going on before half our team got sidelined in the past couple days. It's not like Jerry woke up this morning and decided he wanted him.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well this is wonderful news really, and shouldn't be doubted for the short term.....now long term with those draft picks given away when we could have better used some of those resources are a whole nother story.

We really had to do this deal, this team was just too easy to defense with Crayton as the starter. Witten is great, but we needed a guy that could stretch the field along with TO to make room underneath for Witten and the running game.

This offense now can truly be the best in the league, even if Brady was healthy.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339005 said:
He still has 11 of them in next year's draft.

yep.

We had an extra 3, 4 and 6.

so trading the extra 3 and 6 is okay to me.

its a tough thing to trade a 1. but when we have so many, you can get back up there if you fall in love with something.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2338986 said:
This has to be a troll job, no way could a cowboys fan not LOVE this move!

I like the move but I have already seen several people claiming we are once again the Super Bowl front runners...get real people...if you truly believe that by signing Roy Williams we are once again the clear front runners, as some have said, you need to get your head examined. This team has numerous issues that need to be worked out....so yes, the move is fine (not thrilled with the cost but its prbbly safer than a draft pick with Jerry at the table) but please no more posts about inscribing our names on the trophy.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Don't be surprized if we end up trading back into the late first round with the amount of picks we still have.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339009 said:
We sent Detroit a first, third and sixth. We got Roy E. Williams and a seventh.

so we get a 7th also ??? so we have 9 picks for this years draft.....

links18

Reaction score
This trade means one of two things: Jerry is a moron for giving up three picks (including a first) for a player he could of gotten for free in the offseason or 2.) He really feels the team is not going to implode on him and it will do what it can to get this ship righted and make a push to win the division and compete for a title this year. I bet the Giants loss last night had a lot to do with his willingness to part with that first in this trade.