Roy Williams

Xavier23

Reaction score
I think they will slide Hamlin over to SS and put Watkins in at free. Watkins has that range to cover alot of ground quickly. Lets see what he can do for us, I know his rookie contract is up this year or next.

Apefist

Reaction score
I missed which bone he fractured. Hopefully not both. If it's the smaller of the two bones he broke and it's close to the wrist rather than the elbow, he might be able to make it back this season if he doesn't go on IR. A bone takes 6-8 weeks to heal, then it's all about strengthening the surrounding tissue, so he could come back in time for the December playoff run and playoffs, barring complications. Go Roy! Heal thyself!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Nexx;2261752 said:
a good safety, whoever it might be will still be slower than desean, would turn and run and take a good angle. roy just doesnt have the instincts to do this.

you don't let a speedy WR get a clean release to go down the middle of the field

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Who would you prefer to blame? Nick Folk?

Bob Sacamano;2261744 said:
it was a zone

I know Roy gets beat, but everyone wants to blame everything on him

Pabst

Reaction score
Anyone got confirmation of the fracture? If it's a hairline, he might not be out for as long.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2261744 said:
it was a zone

PacMan passed DeSean off to Roy

one guy is running forward in a 4.2 40, the other, probably a 4.5, backpeddling

who do you think is going to win that matchup?

I know Roy gets beat, but everyone wants to blame everything on him

Roy is not allowed to let a man get behind him. Roy biggest problem is he gets caught with his eyes in the backfield longer than he should and THIS is why he gets beat in coverage.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Pabst;2261810 said:
Anyone got confirmation of the fracture? If it's a hairline, he might not be out for as long.
His hairline went away a while ago, as for his bones, we shall see.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
You're right. It wasn't Roy's fault.

Whatever.

Cover 2. HIS responsibility. Jones passed him off, and Roy should've picked him up.

You guys are unbelievable. Even when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that it's his fault, you try to pass the blame off on someone else.

Bob Sacamano;2261813 said:
the idiot who let DeSean Jackson run down the middle of the field, untouched

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I've got a funny feeling that Jackson will roast more than a few defensive backs in the future.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
maybe the Eagles should cut Brian Dawkins...he gave up more plays tonight than I saw RW give up all last yr

-oh but but, uh..but er...but but

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm just mad that Roy or Pac didn't scoop up Jackson's brain fart and scamper down the field with it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
that's the problem cowboyz88

you don't have a SS cover a WR who runs a 4.2

you want to assign real blame? assign it to the ******* coaches who allowed a player as fast as DeSean get a clean release, and leave one player left to cover him, the weakest defender in the backfield, it doesn't make sense

you guys are so quick to bash Roy that you miss the whole picture, but I'm done w/ this because you guys are being narrow-minded

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
well its official i guess that he's out a month. sucks but im excited at what we do to replace him. i hope when Watkins isnt in that we put Henry at FS and see what he can do there. He's a natural ballhawk and he could be an even bigger playmaker for us possibly at FS if given a chance...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yes, when you play a 2 deep zone the safety is responsible for anyone that runs into the deep part of the field. You would just hope that 30 yard cushion would be enough ... better make it 40 in Roy's case.

Something tells me the coaches are shedding a tear that Roy solved the unspoken Roy problem for them tongiht .. at least for another month.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2261836 said:
You're right. It wasn't Roy's fault.

Whatever.

Cover 2. HIS responsibility. Jones passed him off, and Roy should've picked him up.

You guys are unbelievable. Even when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that it's his fault, you try to pass the blame off on someone else.

So ... let me guess ... Wade Phillips lied again, completely unprovoked, just to protect Roy's feelings?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2261863 said:
Yes, when you play a 2 deep zone the safety is responsible for anyone that runs into the deep part of the field. You would just hope that 30 yard cushion would be enough ... better make it 40 in Roy's case.

Something tells me the coaches are shedding a tear that Roy solved the unspoken Roy problem for them tongiht .. at least for another month.

another person who doesn't get it

but I doubt anyone is going to let DeSean get a clean release, and leave him alone w/ a SS anymore

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pabst;2261810 said:
Wade on Roy Williams
Wade Phillips said safety Roy Williams broke his forearm on a tackle on a return during the game.

-- Keeli Garza

Posted at 11:21 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
roys gonna be out for a minute

i wonder if well give watkins his chance to shine. im sure he will until newman gets healthy

but when newman is able to play full time do we play henry at free safety?

and jenkins or scandrick as our nickel corner?