Roy Williams

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
That's just it.

The coaches HAVE recognized his shortcomings, which is why he's not on the field in dime and nickel packages. Again, ROY's fault.

Now, you want to blame them for having him in this scheme on FIRST down, when he's STILL exposed.

That said, I'm with you. Take him off the field all together and you don't have to worry about him in any scheme.

Bob Sacamano;2261848 said:
that's the problem cowboyz88

you don't have a SS cover a WR who runs a 4.2

you want to assign real blame? assign it to the ******* coaches who allowed a player as fast as DeSean get a clean release, and leave one player left to cover him, the weakest defender in the backfield, it doesn't make sense

you guys are so quick to bash Roy that you miss the whole picture, but I'm done w/ this because you guys are being narrow-minded

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
rexrobinson;2261818 said:
Roy is not allowed to let a man get behind him. Roy biggest problem is he gets caught with his eyes in the backfield longer than he should and THIS is why he gets beat in coverage.

this isn't true thats the first team a team has gone over the top like that against us in a while.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Not good, but not season-ending. Please don't tell me Killa's gonna sneak back onto the field.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Unbelievable... It's impossible for people to give it a rest on Roy. Like it has been said before, Dawkins got beat a few times but you don't hear anything about that. It's not the cool thing to do to bash anybody else. Armchair coaches here acting like they know who has the responsibility for what. I'm surprised none of you guys are coaching in the NFL...you sure do know alot.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboyz88;2261885 said:
That's just it.

The coaches HAVE recognized his shortcomings, which is why he's not on the field in dime and nickel packages. Again, ROY's fault.

Now, you want to blame them for having him in this scheme on FIRST down, when he's STILL exposed.

That said, I'm with you. Take him off the field all together and you don't have to worry about him in any scheme.

When it becomes achingly obvious that you don't know what you're talking about re: Roy's play tonight, are you going to come back in this thread and take yours like a man?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2261874 said:
another person who doesn't get it

but I doubt anyone is going to let DeSean get a clean release, and leave him alone w/ a SS anymore

I don't think that was RW fault. I think we need to rethink some of our coverage schemes we aren't generating any TO it's really sad.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2261885 said:
That's just it.

:confused:

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Aha. Knew it wouldn't take you long.

I suppose your sitting there typing your responses in your #38 jersey.

Two tackles last week. Both on pass plays, where he was beat, and one after a first down, again.

Burned deep for a TD tonight, again, even when they try to limit him in coverage.

He's awesome.

AdamJT13;2261868 said:
So ... let me guess ... Wade Phillips lied again, completely unprovoked, just to protect Roy's feelings?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2261915 said:
Burned deep for a TD tonight, again, even when they try to limit him in coverage.

So, like I said, Wade Phillips was lying again, when nobody even asked him about that play?

Why would he flat-out lie?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Time for Roy's club attendance.

Idgit, Here. Adam, Here. Bob, Here. Zrin, soon to be Here. And so on, and so on.

Look guys I get it, and it still cracks me up.

He was schooled for a TD and you refuse to see it, and will forever refuse to believe it.

I'm so not surprised.

Idgit;2261899 said:
When it becomes achingly obvious that you don't know what you're talking about re: Roy's play tonight, are you going to come back in this thread and take yours like a man?

Adam, you tried this failed logic last year.

Why would he lie? He's not bad in coverage, Wade said so...yadda, yadda, yadda. And yet, when it came time to either play Roy in coverage or sit him, whaddaya know...in comes Henry to cover TEs with Roy standing on the sideline next to his good 'ole supportive coach.

AdamJT13;2261933 said:
So, like I said, Wade Phillips was lying again, when nobody even asked him about that play?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboyz88;2261955 said:
Time for Roy's club attendance.

Idgit, Here. Adam, Here. Bob, Here. Zrin, soon to be Here. And so on, and so on.

Look guys I get it, and it still cracks me up.

He was schooled for a TD and you refuse to see it, and will forever refuse to believe it.

I'm so not surprised.

Check out Wade's press conference after the game and tell me again that you get it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This was so predictable - DeSean Jackson is a terror going deep on safeties. Desean really made no pretenses and flat out blew by Roy deep coverage - I'm not sure how you justify Safety being not at blame there other than they don't have skillset to run with a Moss/Jackson deep over the middle.

Rough break for ST's - probably 6-8 weeks

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Let it die already

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2261955 said:

So, you are right and Wade Phillips is wrong?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2261933 said:

yo did you not see Hard Knocks all mistakes are on Wade son.....:rolleyes:

:sarcasm:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
NFL Network is reporting that someone (I didnt hear who) on the Boys has a broken arm and will miss at least 4 weeks? Any ideas who it is, Roy?

Repost, please delete.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah I assume it's Roy. I hope it's only 4 weeks. Probably more like 6, but I hope we don't put him on IR.

Glad we kept like 700 DBs now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ITs a fracture not a break. They will have a timetable for him tomorrow.

Larry Brown said this about it.

"Its a blessing in disguise, Its time for roy to be off the field"

so that should be interesting.