Twitter: RT Terence Steele to remain starter

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
La'el has played what, one game in two years? He needs a refresher course of the basics before he plays, like which direction the helmet goes when he puts it on, a touchdown is worth 6 points, not to try to bribe the refs when they call a penalty.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Probably because they’ve invested time and millions and millions of dollars into him.

This might have already been said.....but it feels like the Cowboys are show casing Collings for a possible trade....Steel is really set in to the position, much cheaper and less a headache off the field..... Collins missed all of last year and 5 games this year.... Do you trade Collins....RT are hard to find

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This might have already been said.....but it feels like the Cowboys are show casing Collings for a possible trade....Steel is really set in to the position, much cheaper and less a headache off the field..... Collins missed all of last year and 5 games this year.... Do you trade Collins....RT are hard to find

If you’re going to throw some lines in the water then now is the time to do it. Trade deadline is next week and Collins would land a big catch.

Dallas wouldn’t just give him away.

I think the most likely scenario is Connor is gone next year and they know Steele and Collins will both be here so might as well transition now.

It’s not like Connor Williams has been an amazing player. He’s been solid.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..

I asked for that move and they are actually looking at him at guard?

It’s hard not to read into this..

Are the Cowboys upset with him? Are they trying to motivate him? Do they just think Steele is better (doubtful).

Or.. Or… Is their a trade in the world before the deadline next week and by doing this it kinda sends a message to the league?

They really like Steele to do this.

If we're going to make a trade, I believe it would be Williams who we are trading. Collins is under contract past this year and is the better player. However, Collins does cost us $15 million next year unless we redo his deal.

bark

Reaction score
Some of ya'll really think you know more about building a Oline more than Philbin.... Collins isn't ready.. He'll be gradually worked in at some point...
This
He has pushed all the right buttons so far this year.
Earned some trust IMO

Big_D

Reaction score
He’s played 1 game in a year and a half. Nice to see a coaching staff not just handing him his job back. Earn a spot. So far Steele has done that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
If you are on a Super Bowl run, you keep him to replace Connor Williams who is on his last year, start Collins at LG, and roll with both Collins and Steele in open competition next year. If you are Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, you trade Collins or Williams, then watch Steele or Smith get hurt at the OT position, and you end up 8-8 or worst.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
No matter what this is.....a message, a way to get him into a new position, time to acclimate himself back into the game, etc............I'm just super happy we finally have a competent coaching staff making these type of decisions. Garrett would have certainly given his job back right away with his "we like our guys" mentality. This is refreshing to say the least.

Loso86

Reaction score
This isn't surprising, actually. If Steele keeps the job once Collins is 100% back then it would be newsworthy. I like easing Collins back in to make sure he's fit enough. Same for not rushing Dak back in training camp when he had that shoulder issue. Anyone doubting that decision now?
He is FOR NOW

Beaker42

Reaction score
Nice job Steele! Way to step up and claim that position!

Hopefully Collins is a team player about this.
But what about everybody here who said we HAVE to keep LC at RT?? LOL guess the coaches know more than we do.
Now if LC doesn’t start over CW at LG them Ima be pi$$ed.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don't know about madness, but it is puzzling. I have to assume they just don't want to change things when they are playing well. But I expect Collins will be in the lineup at some point this season.
Yeah - at LG

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am skeptical of Steele being our new starter, believe they want to send a message to Collins where he has to earn playing time. Now if they want to play their best 5, would be very interesting to see both Collins/McGovern start within the interior, the problem of lack of power would no longer be an issue.

We'll see......not sure if you heard this but reports say Steele glued himself to Zack Martin during the offseason, learning everything he could. It's apparently paying off.

BTW......just took a look at Collins's contract, didn't know all his guaranteed money is paid after this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/lael-collins-17403/

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm actually very surprised they are working Collins at guard.

It's the right thing to do, which is why I'm surprised.

Still getting used to that around here. Wouldn't have happened under Garrett.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No matter what this is.....a message, a way to get him into a new position, time to acclimate himself back into the game, etc............I'm just super happy we finally have a competent coaching staff making these type of decisions. Garrett would have certainly given his job back right away with his "we like our guys" mentality. This is refreshing to say the least.
Iknowright??? Scares the total bejeezus outta me that we are operating like an authentic NFL franchise for a change. I keep waiting for lightning to strike.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We'll see......not sure if you heard this but reports say Steele glued himself to Zack Martin during the offseason, learning everything he could. It's apparently paying off.

BTW......just took a look at Collins's contract, didn't know all his guaranteed money is paid after this season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/lael-collins-17403/
Yes he could be a release candidate but also has a good team friendly contract if I remember correctly

Havic

Reaction score
Man I dunno. He looked really good at Tackle.

At Guard I felt like we were always better with Leary.

With that said.. My guess is he would be better than Connor Williams at guard.

Completely forgot about Leary, but I think with the current team / depth he would be better at guard.