Ruin your draft, Ruin your kicker, Score Six Points

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This wasn't the preseason when teams have 90 players and send in the scrubs. The Eagles still had plenty of front-line guys out there since only 46 can suit up and play. A shutout in the NFL is a huge accomplishment.

This win was a huge offseason confidence booster for our defense. On offense, the cold conditions clearly were a factor (look at the stats of all the QB's that played in the cold today, Dak's measure up well) and it's clear this line misses Tyron Smith. As for Dan Bailey, whatever is in that guy's head needs to get out. Somebody has to make a highlight video of all his big makes and force him to watch it continuously.

I'm happy that this team ended 2017 by winning four of five games after falling to 5-6 on Thanksgiving. Who would have dreamed 9-7 was even remotely possible then? Kudos to the Cowboys for not giving up even after many fans did.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It actually wasn’t.

I said before the game I didn’t care if they win or lost. It was a meaningless game.

But there were actually more benefits to losing today.
Exactly. My day wasn't ruined. The season ended last week. And frankly I don't really let the Cowboys get to me like they used to. 23 years and counting. I don't ever expect them to win anything meaningful again as long as our idiot coach is here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly. My day wasn't ruined. The season ended last week. And frankly I don't really let the Cowboys get to me like they used to. 23 years and counting. I don't ever expect them to win anything meaningful again as long as our idiot coach is here.
Of course you don’t. You have a losing mentality. A quitter. Frag fodder during war time.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Of course you don’t. You have a losing mentality. A quitter. Frag fodder during war time.
The only losing mentality is the blind homers who won't say anything bad about the franchise. Year after year. Decade after decade.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The only losing mentality is the blind homers who won't say anything bad about the franchise. Year after year. Decade after decade.
I don’t know of any blind homers. I know I’ve complained about both Linehan and Marinelli. Linehan definitely needs to go. I’m on the fence with Marinelli. As far as Garrett goes, he’s done enough to warrant another year but if Jones fired him I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. I was raised to never quit. Never give up. And people like you are just the opposite and I don’t understand it. But your lives use be really horrible for you to hate on everything all the time. It’s in your DNA. It’s what you do. Like Lombardi said, once you quit it becomes a habit. You certainly have that bad habit. You and several others. I love it that your miserable today.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don’t know of any blind homers. I know I’ve complained about both Linehan and Marinelli. Linehan definitely needs to go. I’m on the fence with Marinelli. As far as Garrett goes, he’s done enough to warrant another year but if Jones fired him I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. I was raised to never quit. Never give up. And people like you are just the opposite and I don’t understand it. But your lives use be really horrible for you to hate on everything all the time. It’s in your DNA. It’s what you do. Like Lombardi said, once you quit it becomes a habit. You certainly have that bad habit. You and several others. I love it that your miserable today.
Yea your way sure has made a difference. 23 years and counting. Mediocrity. That's what you're supporting.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know what you mean, I used to have to go be alone for a day or so after a loss but now its common practice and I expect it as long as JG and company are around

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I used to have to go be alone for a day or so after a loss but now its common practice and I expect it as long as JG and company are around
I used to bang my fist on the floor. I used to turn the channel if it got tight. I don't even do that anymore because I know nothing's going to change.

Sydla

Reaction score
We hired Parcells......and he did what exactly here? He attempted to change culture around here. I'll give him that. And he did. But ultimately....the result was the same.

And there are a handful of retreads....let's don't kid ourselves here. Anyone off of the Parcells or Bellicheat tree is a retread.

Parcels was at the end of his career. He did little in NYJ before Dallas.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh really? So you are sitting on here for hours discussing how we are losing draft spots....but you didn't care if we won or lost? So what are you doing then?

I like discussing football. But in the end, the results of this game, specifically if it was a win was meaningless.

The only tangible benefit here was actually a loss.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah. Riiiiiiiiiight. All you do is ***** about the Cowboys. Even when they win your day is ruined. Draft ruined?! That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

I never said the draft was ruined.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, that's not how it works. I'm not one of these misinformed guys around here you think you can make stuff up to and I'll just ride with it.

When the Cowboys are drafting....they have a board. When its their time to pick...they have their pick of about 3 or 4 players that they like. When McKinley went off the board.....did you think they were lost and made a quick decision to just pick Taco? No.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say you are trolling. You know that these teams don't just like one guy every time they pick. You know this. There's always a few guys they like.....and then right after the draft we get to hear Jerry talking about how he liked player A) or B) as well. Come on @Sydia.......stop trying to play games here.

If McKinley was there when we picked, they would have taken him over Charlton.

So while they may like 3-4 guys at a spot, they still have a preference. The odds you get your preference is better the higher you pick.

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL at you thinking the fact you don’t “quit” means anything. Hahahaha.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If McKinley was there when we picked, they would have taken him over Charlton.

So while they may like 3-4 guys at a spot, they still have a preference. The odds you get your preference is better the higher you pick.

I never said they didn't have a a preference. There's a pecking order of course. But you have 4 or 5 guys you like at that pick. If they truly loved McKinely they should've traded up and got him if they thought he was that much better than what was there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like discussing football. But in the end, the results of this game, specifically if it was a win was meaningless.

The only tangible benefit here was actually a loss.

So now we are going to miss out on that top 5 prospect lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He hasn't been here 23 years though lol. One man has however........