Rumor: Cowboys Interested in Trading for Broncos' RB Montee Ball*MERGED* Looks to be false

Status
Not open for further replies.

remdak

Reaction score
Cowboys are so far down the list on the waiver wire that if they really covet a player, they would likely have to trade for him rather than hope nobody else claims.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Silver what have I been saying in multiple posts :) I think Ball would be good behind the big Dallas line. He is a power back who ran behind a big line in college that was made for the run. Dallas OL would be a great fit for Ball !!!! Come on down!!!!

We need a powerback badly and I'm all for the Ball trade. For a team that made their presence known as a power running offense last year we have no semblance of that this year.

erod

Reaction score
Randle is unproven and people here seem to think he is a HOF back. He is nothing more than a change of pace back that piggy backed off the reputation of Murray.

There WERE several that are better and battle tested than Randle. However, that window of opportunity has come and gone and Dallas is stubbornly comfortable with what they have. For a team that has Superbowl aspirations its unfortunate that were going into this season with questionmarks at the runningback position.

And Ball is guy about to get cut from a team that isn't strong at the running back position either. Ball was terrible this preseason.

Randle is the starter on this team with or without Ball.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I hear a lot about Ball. I'm not really familiar with him but is he as good as people are making out to be?

Ball STINKS.

He was a Wisconsin by-product of a great OL. Hasn't done squat with Denver.

He was out-played last night by a dude named Bibbs.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Cowboys are so far down the list on the waiver wire that if they really covet a player, they would likely have to trade for him rather than hope nobody else claims.

That is why there are reports Dallas is looking into the trade.

Hailmary

Reaction score
BARF!

If we're going to trade for a Bronco back, it should be for Juwan Thompson.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
And Ball is guy about to get cut from a team that isn't strong at the running back position either. Ball was terrible this preseason.

Like I mentioned Ball won't be coming here. They have already given the runningback position to Randle and Dunbar on a silver platter. Dallas is stubbornly thinking that the bunch of scrubs we have are pro-bowlers which is too bad.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ball is known as a fumbler and a poor pass protector, but he's a good runner otherwise.

Still interested?

So basically he's Joseph Randle with fumbling problems (which Randle has not shown to lean one way or the other in that category)

dallasdave

Reaction score
We need a powerback badly and I'm all for the Ball trade. For a team that made their presence known as a power running offense last year we have no semblance of that this year.

That is a fact. Ball was a power runner in college, behind a OL in college that was the best their was. Dallas has the best OL in the NFL and I think Ball would do well behind it with Dmac coming in to play a few plays a bust one for a TD. Ball would be the main course, and Dmac the side dish.

erod

Reaction score
Like I mentioned Ball won't be coming here. They have already given the runningback position to Randle and Dunbar on a silver platter. Dallas is stubbornly thinking that the bunch of scrubs we have are pro-bowlers which is too bad.

You don't need pro bowlers. Running backs are a dime a dozen.

There's Peterson, Lynch, Charles, Bell, and McCoy (maybe not anymore), then there's just a bunch of guys that play running back.

remdak

Reaction score
I really don't think they are going to pick up a RB. I think they will ride their current 3 backs for a game or two and then make a change if they feel the need.

robjay04

Reaction score

Denver is actually pretty strong. Anderson/Hillman is a pretty good running back duo. If Ball is going to be third on the depth chart, they might as well give it to the cheaper guy.

I don't care one way or the other but something told me a month ago we would be interested in Ball.

Danger

Reaction score
Clarence Hill tweeted out that the Cowboys have denied the trade talks about Ball

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That is a fact. Ball was a power runner in college, behind a OL in college that was the best their was. Dallas has the best OL in the NFL and I think Ball would do well behind it with Dmac coming in to play a few plays a bust one for a TD. Ball would be the main course, and Dmac the side dish.

Seems funny that people that don't want Ball here are the same people that like MacFadden but forgotten how terrible he was in Oakland. Maybe all that Ball needs is another change of scenery and things will be better for him. I like him as a compliment to MacFadden.

Lastly, we wouldn't be eating off of other teams scraps if Dallas would have been wise enough to draft a runningback in mid rounds or get someone in here thru FA. I don't think Ball comes in here though. Cowboys seem comfortable with who they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.