RUMOR: Dwayne Jarrett to visit Valley Ranch?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1430847 said:
Well yeah...

But his speed is an issue, so while a 40 time is just one component, I'm real curious as to what to he can run. With rumors of 4.7 floating around out there, it makes one wonder.

Michael Irvin ran a time similar to that also.

If he is being downgraded because he looks slow on tape and struggles with separation, fine. The only time I see footage of him struggling to get open, it is against very good cornerbacks. I also saw him abuse Leon Hall pretty bad.

But taking him down because of a 40 time is very foolish.

It has been proven time and again. The film doesn't lie. Workout numbers do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;1430837 said:
And at no point did I state you did, now did I?

You mentioned some don't care for the behavior. And that is correct.
I brought up him being a hot dog. Then you make a remark about it like it's ridiculous that it is an issue and cite Michael Irvin. How was I supposed to interpret this?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gaede;1430843 said:
Yeah, that's how I feel too...There's other guys I would prefer, but I'm not upset at all if Jarrett's the pick.

I know there are some character/personality concerns, but I think Dallas would be a good spot. Even though TO is brash/arrogant and all that, he works extremely hard and would set a good example (in that regard, at least) for Jarrett.
When someone is a hot dog they crave the spotlight. Does it shine any brighter than in Dallas? Like I said, if we take him it will NOT be the end of the world. The kid can play.

hendog

Reaction score
While speed may be an issue, he seemed to make clutch play after clutch play when USC needed it most. I think we could do worse. I don't ever remember watching him play and saying, "man he looks slow out there."

carphalen5150

Reaction score
The only guy I have better than Jarrett is Johnson. He was far more productive than Meachem, Bowe, and Ginn, and he came up big in BIG GAMES. The play against ND the year previous and his absolute dominance of Michigan in the Rose Bowl this year. He is my preference over the other WRs. I'd take Ginn next to because I think he will be legit in the return game right off the bat. Meachem and Bowe...I am not going to cry if we get them, but they are 4th and 5th for me at WR.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I would love to have this player......he is going to be good for many years

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;1430851 said:

If he is being downgraded because he looks slow on tape and struggles with separation, fine. The only time I see footage of him struggling to get open, it is against very good cornerbacks. I also saw him abuse Leon Hall pretty bad.

Same with Larry Fitzgerald. The guy ran in the 4.6s, but was ultra-productive in college. I wouldn't have a problem at all with Jarrett.

Tristan

Reaction score
I love me some Jarrett!, this guy moves the chains & scores TD's. I think he could be our next "playmaker". Unlike many spewing conjecture regarding him I watched about every one of his games since his freshman year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hostile;1430852 said:
I brought up him being a hot dog. Then you make a remark about it like it's ridiculous that it is an issue and cite Michael Irvin. How was I supposed to interpret this?

I really don't know what you are interpreting.

You yourself stated you didn't think it was a problem.

If you didn't feel being a hot dog is a problem, then you shouldn't have taken any exception to what I wrote. I didn't even quote you. I was replying to another poster in reference to Irvin.

In general, that is a point of contention with some concerning Jarrett. They don't like him being a hot dog. You suggested some thought it was a problem. I agree that some do. Your opinion wasn't even discussed.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1430604 said:
not always, I don't remember Julius Jones, Marcus Spears, DeMarcus Ware ever being invited to VR

thats cuz juJo was a 2nd rounder :p:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1430851 said:

Mike Irvin could run a slow 40 time because there was no 'no contact within 5 yard' rule when he was playing, he could use his size to push off the CB to get off the line, and use his body to shield the defender from the ball, CBs aren't allowed to be aggressive and they just go to reading the route instead of stifling the receiver at the line

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1430867 said:
The only guy I have better than Jarrett is Johnson. He was far more productive than Meachem, Bowe, and Ginn, and he came up big in BIG GAMES. The play against ND the year previous and his absolute dominance of Michigan in the Rose Bowl this year. He is my preference over the other WRs. I'd take Ginn next to because I think he will be legit in the return game right off the bat. Meachem and Bowe...I am not going to cry if we get them, but they are 4th and 5th for me at WR.

the thing i like about jarrett is he upped his game and he became more of a leader and playmaker once leinart bush and white left for the pros. i'd take johnson or meacham over jarrett, but neither will be there. i think they both go 1-2 as far as wr going.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me most about Jarrett is that Kerry Colbert and Mike Williams have been complete and utter busts in the NFL. Does USC's offensive system make them look better than they really are, like Florida's WR? People say this is no Mike Williams. I don't see how anyone could possibly know that ... Mike Williams was actually more dominant in college ... but if this guy is clearly better than Mike Williams then he should go well above the #10 pick, where Mike Williams was drafted. If 40 times lie and film doesn't, who was lying when Mike Williams looked like an All Pro on tape but ran a 4.7+?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1431115 said:
The thing that bothers me most about Jarrett is that USC WR's have an absolutely abysmal record in the NFL. Does their offensive system make them look better than they really are, like Florida's WR. People say this is no Mike Williams. I don't see how anyone could possibly know that ... Mike Williams was actually more dominant in college ... but if this guy is clearly better than Mike Williams, then he should go well above the #10 pick, where Mike Williams was drafted.

And he had a year off to get lazy and out of shape. So naturally, Jarrett is just like Mike.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1431117 said:
And he had a year off to get lazy and out of shape. So naturally, Jarrett is just like Mike.

Mike Williams worked out in a professional speed training facility for an entire year to prepare for the draft. That year off was the leanest and best shape he's ever been in. Its been all downhill since he started playing football again.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As a USC superfan, I would love to see Jarrett in a Cowboys uniform, but I would also be very happy if the experts decide on Meacham.

The one guy I do not like in round 1 is Gin, Jr. whom I think has the greatest bust potential of all the WR's discussed. Gin, Jr. is the one guy who definitely should have stayed in college to get stronger and more experience. I would not like him with a first round pick, but just my opinion based on only a little knowledge from watching him a few games.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
my only question about Jarrett is can he seperate in the pros?

w/ the 'no contact rule', DBs have gone to reading the route and running w/ the WR much more, Jarrett is gonna have to run real good routes and have some quickness in and out of his breaks to be able to seperate

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1431501 said:
my only question about Jarrett is can he seperate in the pros?

w/ the 'no contact rule', DBs have gone to reading the route and running w/ the WR much more, Jarrett is gonna have to run real good routes and have some quickness in and out of his breaks to be able to seperate

with a 6'5 frame 220 lbs. i dont think its about him seperating but rather can the cb make a play on the ball without getting a penalty. thats what key was great at.