Rumor: From Another Forum on D. Smith Signing

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
First, I was saying, when davis got shot the 2nd time, someone drove him to hospital? Police didnt say whether it was female or male, but the way they implied it, was a woman.

So, I was just saying, like some other boards have said, what if this is the same woman or girlfriend he was with the first time he got shot?

To me, way Jerry Jones stated, he wasnt real pleased about Keith Davis getting shot again right before camp. He didnt condemn him, but he wasnt pleased, and to add to that, its 5 am in the morning. Plus, he is driving a car, that is suped up,

I am not condeming Keith Davis, he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but it seems like the cowboys are covering themselves. Since the bullet is still lodged in his leg. and you know for sure, Parcells isnt pleased either.

Just seems all that is what is happening, cowboys hardly made a statement, then what jerry jones says friday. And they are looking at smith now. True, it just might be to better themselves when opportunity arises. But still seems fishy!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the cowboys did try to get smith last year, but couldnt swing the deal.

i drive my cars everywhere they are not stock, they turn heads. whats him driving a nice car got to do with anything?

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
2233boys said:
It is real simple to me. If you want one of the best secondaries in the NFL in Dallas, you sign Dwight Smith. If you want the Dallas Defense to step to the next level to being dominate, you sign Dwight Smith. If you worry about his "small character issues" and don't realize that this is a business and the business is about winning, you don't sign Dwight Smith and you are an idiot...

I just hope the that JJ and Parcells aren't idiots...

Although I completely disagree with your end analysis, I too want the Cowboys to sign Smith. I want them to sign him more than I hate Chris Cooley...and I hate Chris Cooley a lot.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Although I completely disagree with your end analysis, I too want the Cowboys to sign Smith. I want them to sign him more than I hate Chris Cooley...and I hate Chris Cooley a lot.
What you hope that Parcells and Jones are idiots???:confused:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
hey guys someone is saying on another board that the cowboys have signed smith, the safety that was with the saints, has anyone heard otherwise?

all i see on tv espn is the witten deal for 6 years, but no mention of safety smith,

LINK? SOURCE?:starspin

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
2233boys said:
What you hope that Parcells and Jones are idiots???:confused:

Haha no no. Sorry I should have been more clear.

I disagree that if they do not sign him they are idiots. It sounds somewhat contradictory I know. I want them to sign him, I hope they do. But if Parcells feels another headcase will be too disruptive to the team, I have to respect his opinion. We did lose all of our "locker room leaders", and we have trouble makers like owens in their place. If he wants too much money, and Jones does not feel we can afford it I have to respect his opinion.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
:pray2:GOD PLEASE SEND COWBOYS DWIGHT SMITH:pray2:.

And while you are at it big guy, please send me cars that are not stock, so I can drive around with "the kid" and turn heads.

the kid 05

Reaction score
go ahead and laugh, but neither of you have decided to add in the part about what him driving a nice car has to do with anything?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
i drive my cars everywhere they are not stock, they turn heads. whats him driving a nice car got to do with anything?

One thing I found curious is that they said he was driving a 93 Impala...

Chevy didn't make the Impala in 1993... they discontinued it in 1985, brought it back in 1994... the Impala SS's from 94-96 are highly prized by car enthusiasts, especially the 96 SS with the LT-1 350 engine... they didn't look sexy, in fact they looked like your average everyday police cruiser (and a lot of police departments back then bought the Impala SS stock, no real modifications to them), but they had a STRONG drivertrain...

the kid 05

Reaction score
silverbear said:
One thing I found curious is that they said he was driving a 93 Impala...

Chevy didn't make the Impala in 1993... they discontinued it in 1985, brought it back in 1994... the Impala SS's from 94-96 are highly prized by car enthusiasts, especially the 96 SS with the LT-1 350 engine... they didn't look sexy, in fact they looked like your average everyday police cruiser (and a lot of police departments back then bought the Impala SS stock, no real modifications to them), but they had a STRONG drivertrain...

simple mistake? but the l1 350 motor is a beast. i believe they put them in some corvettes too

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
go ahead and laugh, but neither of you have decided to add in the part about what him driving a nice car has to do with anything?
Thanks I will... :lmao2:

By the way, I never said anything about him driving a nice car. However, if you want my opinion on Davis, I find it hard to believe that one man gets shot 2 times in 3 years and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time both times.

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:
You're cool...

:lmao:

Why are you guys insulting folks who like to modify their cars, make them uniquely their own??

I've been doing that for 25 years now, and it IS fun to watch car enthusiasts drool over them, ask if they can look under the hood... back when I had just finished restoring my 67 Camaro SSS350, there was no such thing as a "self-serve" gas pump, when I'd pull up to the pumps the attendants would come out to look it over, and they'd usually wind up pumping my gas, checking the oil for me when they took a look under the hood...

It's nice driving a vehicle that's not exactly like anybody else's on the road... and sometimes, it doesn't take a whole lot to get the job done; I once bought an S-10 pickup, then put on a bedliner, sliding rear window, tool box, running boards, a tube grille, and a good stereo system... cost less than 2 grand, and yeah, it turned a few heads... didn't do anything with the engine except put in a 200 amp alternator and a higher performance battery...

Yeah, I can certainly understand Davis' fondness for riding around in a customized vehicle, particularly since he obviously has the money to afford the customization...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys said:
I find it hard to believe that one man gets shot 2 times in 3 years and he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time both times.

well he was, both times, so believe it

unless you know something that noone else does...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Why are you guys insulting folks who like to modify their cars, make them uniquely their own??

I've been doing that for 25 years now, and it IS fun to watch car enthusiasts drool over them, ask if they can look under the hood... back when I had just finished restoring my 67 Camaro SSS350, there was no such thing as a "self-serve" gas pump, when I'd pull up to the pumps the attendants would come out to look it over, and they'd usually wind up pumping my gas, checking the oil for me when they took a look under the hood...

It's nice driving a vehicle that's not exactly like anybody else's on the road... and sometimes, it doesn't take a whole lot to get the job done; I once bought an S-10 pickup, then put on a bedliner, sliding rear window, tool box, running boards, a tube grille, and a good stereo system... cost less than 2 grand, and yeah, it turned a few heads... didn't do anything with the engine except put in a 200 amp alternator and a higher performance battery...

Yeah, I can certainly understand Davis' fondness for riding around in a customized vehicle, particularly since he obviously has the money to afford the customization...
You're cool too... :lmao:

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
simple mistake?

Obviously... what this tells me is that the folks who reported that really don't know cars...

but the l1 350 motor is a beast. i believe they put them in some corvettes too

Sure did... but y'know, I've never really liked the Corvette... there were only a few years there in the 80s where I thought they were good-looking vehicles... even today, I'd much rather have a new Cadillac XLR-V than a Corvette... they have the same engine, same suspension, but the Caddy is MUCH better looking, IMO...

Yeah, if I had a spare 100 grand, that would be the vehicle I'd invest in... LOL...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
well he was, both times, so believe it

unless you know something that noone else does...

Mkay...

Whatever...:rolleyes:

Give him the benefit of the doubt if you like. Me, I am skeptical. It seems shady... If I am wrong, so be it...

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:
You're cool too... :lmao:

Lemme guess-- you drive a piece of crap...

Hey, if being like everybody else works for you, go for it... me, I like to show a certain STYLE in my life, be it posting online, or the car I drive...