Rumor from Tony Pauline

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is my point.......taking a WR with 1st or 2nd rounders is pretty much giving up on Gallup and Tolbert after only a year. I have to see to believe it.
I don’t get the fascination with Tolbert. He still doesn’t know how to play wide receiver and I haven’t seen or read anything that leads me to believe he’ll be a contributor in 2023.

Would love to be wrong. We need playmakers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t get the fascination with Tolbert. He still doesn’t know how to play wide receiver and I haven’t seen or read anything that leads me to believe he’ll be a contributor in 2023.

No fascination, I don't think. Most fans just realize he's only going into his second year coming from a relatively small school. Not every player is a finished product straight out of college.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have been calling around and doing a lot of last-minute work on the receivers. They are not just calling college coaches of receivers they have an interest in, but people outside the organization they consult with on college prospects.

Pauline is one of the most connected insiders with legitimate sources within the league. Cowboys looking at receivers isn't just smoke.
Duh.

Go look at the San Fran game. They had our guys on lock...

Easy to see the whole WR room needs retooling.

Gallup is my favorite player, and I can see he might not ever be the same player.

I like several guys..

If we're talking pick 26, give me Flowers or Johnston....JSN will be long gone by our pick

Hyatt might work too.

Outside of the first, A.T. Perry, and I also like Iosivas and Moreno Cropper.

Obviously Mingo...the more I dig deep in this draft, the more I see there's mid-round talent all the way througn round 7...UDFA class with have several guys with NFL talent...

IMO, this draft is way stronger at WR towards the back end..has more takent in later rounds than last year's class.

Last edited:

MikeT22

Reaction score
I think they want one early, but hopefully not in the first. Day 2 would be OK, but I believe they will be spooked by waiting til the 3rd last year and ending up with Tolbert. So probably 1st or 2nd, if thats the case then hopefully 2nd.

garyv

Reaction score
Hearing they love Mingo, which makes a ton of sense. He fits their prototype to a tee over those undersized receivers this yr.
If they could get Mingo WR in the third round and Roshan RB in the 4th along with OL and DT in the first and second rounds I would be happy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No fascination, I don't think. Most fans just realize he's only going into his second year coming from a relatively small school. Not every player is a finished product straight out of college.
:bow:........... fans giving up on players after only a year is odd.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

:facepalm: ......no fascination. Just giving the kid a decent chance. He was only a rookie last year.

T-RO

Reaction score
Give me Hyatt he’s a game changer
Hyatt's a one-trick pony who won't be able to even properly initiate his routes in the NFL. He's doll who will die once facing press coverage. He succeeded due to gimmick offense at Tenn. Perhaps a creative coach could make Jalen a good value late 2nd round pick.

But Big Mike doesn't have a creative bone in his body to make that work.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Hyatt's a one-trick pony who won't be able to even properly initiate his routes in the NFL. He's doll who will die once facing press coverage. He succeeded due to gimmick offense at Tenn. Perhaps a creative coach could make Jalen a good value late 2nd round pick.

But Big Mike doesn't have a creative bone in his body to make that work.
I won’t be this harsh but yeah, Hyatt at 26 has serious bust factor all over him. Kid is raw. Real raw.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If they could get Mingo WR in the third round and Roshan RB in the 4th along with OL and DT in the first and second rounds I would be happy
Strong buzz that Mingo may even not be there at 58, maybe Tillman at 90, but I doubt it as those big receivers are rare this yr.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Duh.

Go look at the San Fran game. They had our guys on lock...

Easy to see the whole WR room needs retooling.

Gallup is my favorite player, and I can see he might not ever be the same player.

I like several guys..

If we're talking pick 26, give me Flowers or Johnston....JSN will be long gone by our pick

Hyatt might work too.

Outside of the first, A.T. Perry, and I also like Iosivas and Moreno Cropper.

Obviously Mingo...the more I dig deep in this draft, the more I see there's mid-round talent all the way througn round 7...UDFA class with have several guys with NFL talent...

IMO, this draft is way stronger at WR towards the back end..has more takent in later rounds than last year's class.
Think they would rather have a so called big receiver, where Mingo/Tillman may be in play at 58. Johnson as well at 26.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Think they would rather have a so called big receiver, where Mingo/Tillman may be in play at 58. Johnson as well at 26.
On the topic of Johnston. Does Jerry's comment give an indication of:
1) He's a distinct possibility at 26 (another Doh moment by Jerry)
2) It was a seed planted in Jerry's head - "look Jerry, when someone mentions a WR ....mention Johnson, you'll sound so smart".

In Jerry we've got a natural smoke screen for the Lying Season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys do need another receiver. Maybe not round 1 unless he is clearly without a doubt or red flags the best available.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
On the topic of Johnston. Does Jerry's comment give an indication of:
1) He's a distinct possibility at 26 (another Doh moment by Jerry)
2) It was a seed planted in Jerry's head - "look Jerry, when someone mentions a WR ....mention Johnson, you'll sound so smart".

In Jerry we've got a natural smoke screen for the Lying Season.
What we do know is they always have followed a distinct prototype for the position, they love big receivers and haven’t drafted one under 6 feet since Switzer and he was more of a special teams pick

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What we do know is they always have followed a distinct prototype for the position, they love big receivers and haven’t drafted one under 6 feet since Switzer and he was more of a special teams pick
Indeed....but now that evil genius Jerry has mentioned it fires up the smoke machine......or is another ......."Jerry shhhhhhh"

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have to take players a round early because they pick so late in the round. The good news is there are probably over 50 second round prospects in this draft.

Croomraider

Reaction score
We need a wideout that gets separation, most of our wideouts get no separation and Dak is a pickoff machine because of that. Maybe get Tank Dell in the 2nd if that's the rumor.