Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

coblue

Reaction score
If this is true passing of info from inside the organization, it contains alot of intentional disinformation to cloud things - and thats a good thing that those departments are in full draft and FA preparation as they need to be.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
AKATheRake;4340465 said:
Desean Jackson being signed means Laurent Robinson won't be signed.

Austin, Dez and Jackson? Witten to boot?

No flippin way. Too much $ sunk into WR.

Can see us wanting Griffin but he's our top target FA?

Need interior OL badly, a talented CB, another pass rusher on the d-line and at LB.

But we're going to sink $ at WR with Austin, Dez and Witten on this team. Not to mention Demarco Murray and Felix.

I can see the rb and QB.

Good ole General Manager!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
ilovejerry;4340743 said:
If this is true, I can't wait till Jerry retires or ***S ! Cause this is the stupidest thing so far. Desean Jackson makes 0 sense when you need a bloody Defense upheaval.

Wishing death on some one over a sport? Dude you have issues.

Dfense94

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4340855 said:
Don't be so quick to judge what some of our members come up with. You would be surprised at the access and knowledge some have. Not saying this is the case with this thread.

Theres alot of members here. I'm sure theres plenty of occassions where people throw enough potatoes on the wall and some of it sticks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dfense94;4340907 said:
Theres alot of members here. I'm sure theres plenty of occassions where people throw enough potatoes on the wall and some of it sticks.

You've just described 100% of all insider info you read on these boards.

The Cowboys haven't even begun to rank and stack their draft board and this guy already knows their plan with their picks.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4340642 said:
How is stupid to say we don't need to draft a running back?

Guess you didn't read the rest of my post... that being the case, permit me to summarize:

Posting in all caps, and in larger fonts, is IGNORANT... it doesn't make your point more forceful, instead it makes you look like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum...

So, if you don't have a point, then posting like that merely makes you look foolish, while if you DO have a point, there's no need to post like that...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Matt Forte is a perfect fit for Garrett's offense; he excels as a runner and pass catcher out of the backfield.

But his acquisition would be completely untenable from a depth standpoint.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Risen Star;4340913 said:
You've just described 100% of all insider info you read on these boards.

The Cowboys haven't even begun to rank and stack their draft board and this guy already knows their plan with their picks.

While I may question the validity of the information, I do know that teams work on stacking and ranking players for draft year round. It may not be the HC or the GM doing it (they have to worry about the current season) but their scouting departments work on this year round.

So the scouting department has an idea of where players are ranked, and that list is changing (injuries, players getting better, bowl game play, etc.) as the year progresses to the draft.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but I like Laurent Robinson and would prefer him over Desean Jackson when you compare their price tags and production. Jackson is a great player, but I don't know that the premium you would pay for him could be better used at another position (o-line). Robinson is nowhere near Jackson's level, but he fits as a 3rd receiver very well, and he fits the system...likely without the hefty price tag.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
bysbox1;4340998 said:
I do know that teams work on stacking and ranking players for draft year round.

We work on stacking good player after good player, each and every day. :D

Deep_South

Reaction score
We're not going to break the bank for Forte. We have runners, we need blockers.

And Desean Jackson? He'll want a fortune and will act like a fool. Sounds like a perfect Eagle.

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
dboy214;4340455 said:
took this from another (paid) website...the poster has history of posting accurate inside info about dfw/texas sports so i'll repost here.

Forte and Jackson is not what we need. DRAFT: PASS RUSHING OLB 1ST PICK, CB, ILB IN THAT ORDER. F/A: SS-Landry poss. G- Grimes poss. First three picks DEFENSE anything else would not be smart. Why would you get Forte with having Murray, Felix why or Jackson when he doesn't fit Garrett mold,don't believe that one. WE NEED DEFENSE PLAYMAKERS MY FA WISHES CB-FINNEGAN, SS- LANDRY, G- GRIMES. If we could get Finnegan id make my second draft pick a ILb or G with second pick.

Reaction score
having a bruiser RB in the rotation, ala Sammy Morris or Matt Forte, should be a goal for the offseason. There's no reason to break the bank in FA or spend a high draft pick on him, but getting one on the roster makes perfect sense.

coblue

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4340989 said:
Matt Forte is a perfect fit for Garrett's offense; he excels as a runner and pass catcher out of the backfield.

But his acquisition would be completely untenable from a depth standpoint.

I could only hope the idea is Forte and Murray as the tandem with Jones shipped off for picks or a position of need...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dfense94;4340907 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. As a new member, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

arglebargle

Reaction score
coblue;4341079 said:
I could only hope the idea is Forte and Murray as the tandem with Jones shipped off for picks or a position of need...

That's the only way it would make sense, I think, but Forte probably wants a lot of money, and may have the choice to go somewhere were he will start.

Jackson on the other hand is a one trick pony and an ijit. Say no to expensive ijits....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sold on the fact that this supposed "insider" is a true insider.

The information seems unrealistic in many areas.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Are you guys really buying into that Forte "rumor"?? You know he will be one of the highest paid RBs in the NFL right? We're not talking about a rotation, we're talking about a RB that will be paid to be THE guy wherever he signs with.

Going after him makes no sense considering the Cowboys just found DeMarco Murray