Twitter: Rumor: OBJ to Vikings?

Londonboy

Reaction score
1b90ev.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OBJ hasn’t produced to near the same level the last three seasons as he did his first three seasons. His receiving yards are down and he’s only scored 13 TDs the past three seasons compared to 35 TDs his first three seasons.

slick325

Reaction score
I think the Vikings realized Diggs wasn't worth the headache.

People have to realize ODB wants to be in LA. Wants to be in NY. I don't think these Minnesota and Cleveland teams fit his diva persona.

I think you are correct regarding OBJ and being in a big city.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should do it and then sign Antonio Brown.

Cooper
OBJ
Brown
Gallup.

Then move up for Lamb in the draft.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dallas is a top 5 media market.

yes and playing here gathers you attention but he had more attention in NY than he will ever get anywhere again.

that media market thing is just a tool for the people working in it to make more money. I Don't think being in Dallas would mean anything to this guy.

I have to say the only two places that are truly fitting for him and what he really cares about are Miami and Los Angeles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yes and playing here gathers you attention but he had more attention in NY than he will ever get anywhere again.

that media market thing is just a tool for the people working in it to make more money. I Don't think being in Dallas would mean anything to this guy.

I have to say the only two places that are truly fitting for him and what he really cares about are Miami and Los Angeles.
I disagree. Cowboys are one of the more popular franchises in the country. Its Yankees, Lakers and Dallas. No doubt this would fit the high profile team he'd like to play for. No doubt in my mind. Its not NY or LA. No. But its right behind those guys. High profile team with no state tax?

MikeB80

Reaction score
I disagree. Cowboys are one of the more popular franchises in the country. Its Yankees, Lakers and Dallas. No doubt this would fit the high profile team he'd like to play for. No doubt in my mind. Its not NY or LA. No. But its right behind those guys. High profile team with no state tax?

sure he would love to be here for attention but living in DFW is probably not high on his wishlist. He had as much attention in NY as he ever would in Dallas especially since he was initially loved in NY and nationally and would be a villain in Dallas.

no state tax? so what. Property taxes here are nuts. He is a lifestyle guy to me. Miami, NY or LA. Football is just a means to make money to live his lifestyle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're right and he's wrong. It doesn't get more 'high profile' than the Cowboys.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You're right and he's wrong. It doesn't get more 'high profile' than the Cowboys.

my point is he is not looking for High profile...he is looking for lifestyle. He wants to live among celebrities and on the beach and stay in that environment.

That is not DFW in anyway shape or form.

He got as much high profile coverage in NY that he would ever get in Dallas. He was loved nationally in NY and would be an instant Villain in Dallas. I don't think he would want any part of that. He is just looking to make money and support his lifestyle.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think the Vikings realized Diggs wasn't worth the headache.

People have to realize ODB wants to be in LA. Wants to be in NY. I don't think these Minnesota and Cleveland teams fit his diva persona.
How do you think he’d feel about Dallas?

Is the Cowboys brand big enough to satisfy his ego despite Dallas not being LA/NY?

we’re certainly a bigger market than Minn/Cle

the rumored asking price is pretty cheap all things considered

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my point is he is not looking for High profile...he is looking for lifestyle. He wants to live among celebrities and on the beach and stay in that environment.

First, I'll just say that you're simply wrong in that assessment. He wants high profile, everything else he can get wherever he wants in his off-time, as he has done throughout his career thus far.

What 'beach' was he hanging out at all the time in New York?

That is not DFW in anyway shape or form.

The Cowboys are as high profile as it gets. He'll get any and all attention that he could want.

He got as much high profile coverage in NY that he would ever get in Dallas. He was loved nationally in NY and would be an instant Villain in Dallas. I don't think he would want any part of that.

How in blazes would he be "an instant villain" if he was trade to Dallas? You make zero sense with this stuff. None.

He is just looking to make money and support his lifestyle.

And he's under contract for four years to "support his lifestyle". In Dallas, he'd get it without state tax.

Your case is a poor one and continues to fall apart.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you think he’d feel about Dallas?

Is the Cowboys brand big enough to satisfy his ego despite Dallas not being LA/NY?

we’re certainly a bigger market than Minn/Cle

If the team is winning and he's highly involved and getting attention? I think he'd be just fine. It's the contract you'd have to worry about. When these players get traded, a lot of them think that includes more money. But the new CBA may help with regard to any potential holdout.

the rumored asking price is pretty cheap all things considered

Yes it is. Very much so.