Twitter: Rumor: OBJ to Vikings?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It worked with Randy Moss to the Patriots.

Not so much with Antonio Brown to the Patriots.

What I'm saying is diva receivers are a land of contrasts.

TO to Dallas split the difference I guess.
Dez to ....,....nobody worked out

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How do you think he’d feel about Dallas?

Is the Cowboys brand big enough to satisfy his ego despite Dallas not being LA/NY?

we’re certainly a bigger market than Minn/Cle

the rumored asking price is pretty cheap all things considered
I think he'd like Dallas. He's said as much. But I wouldn't want him. Not even for a 2nd and 5th. If we didn't have Cooper or Gallup then I'd consider it.

MikeB80

Reaction score
First, I'll just say that you're simply wrong in that assessment. He wants high profile, everything else he can get wherever he wants in his off-time, as he has done throughout his career thus far.

What 'beach' was he hanging out at all the time in New York?

The Cowboys are as high profile as it gets. He'll get any and all attention that he could want.

How in blazes would he be "an instant villain" if he was trade to Dallas? You make zero sense with this stuff. None.

And he's under contract for four years to "support his lifestyle". In Dallas, he'd get it without state tax.

Your case is a poor one and continues to fall apart.

The giants are just as high profile especially when you are turned into an instant superstar as he was.

he would be a villain in Dallas because

A. He already played in NY and the rest of the division would hate him
B. The national media turned on him a few years ago but cleveland has had no success so caring about him is a waste of time.
C. In Dallas the bad guy label would be played up and then it would be worth paying attention to him because it would bring eyeballs.

Not the beach per se in NY but the lifestyle is there, celebrities, entertainers, musicians etc...they live there and go out at night there. Big difference between that and DFW.

the state tax thing is so irrelevant. He is a lifestyle culture guy. So to me as I have said repeatedly now the only place I imagine he would want to play if he had his own choice would be Miami or LA.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he'd like Dallas. He's said as much. But I wouldn't want him. Not even for a 2nd and 5th. If we didn't have Cooper or Gallup then I'd consider it.

I'd make that trade. His contract numbers for the next four years are cheap, especially given that there's no guaranteed money involved. The Cowboys would then undoubtedly have the best receiving trio in the league.

And given where this team outright wastes money, $15 million a year for Beckham isn't all that bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
sure he would love to be here for attention but living in DFW is probably not high on his wishlist. He had as much attention in NY as he ever would in Dallas especially since he was initially loved in NY and nationally and would be a villain in Dallas.

no state tax? so what. Property taxes here are nuts. He is a lifestyle guy to me. Miami, NY or LA. Football is just a means to make money to live his lifestyle.

Not even sure what you are arguing here. I never argued that NY was a smaller market than Dallas. My point was Dallas>>Cleveland and Minnesota. You disagreed. Yet, the only thing you've brought up is NY, Miami and LA. Are you even aware of what you're arguing at this point?

NY Giants ain't the Dallas Cowboys. Sorry. You want to compare teams you're talking Lakers and Yankees. Not the NY Giants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The giants are just as high profile especially when you are turned into an instant superstar as he was.

Only in media coverage in print and radio. For TV? Nobody touches the Cowboys. Nobody.

he would be a villain in Dallas because

A. He already played in NY and the rest of the division would hate him
So what? Who cares what "the rest of the division" thinks about what we do? I prefer that they not like it. That means it's good for us and bad for them.

B. The national media turned on him a few years ago but cleveland has had no success so caring about him is a waste of time.
What is this even supposed to mean? You're really struggling now.

C. In Dallas the bad guy label would be played up and then it would be worth paying attention to him because it would bring eyeballs.

The eyeballs are there already. If yu can add a player you think can help you win, you do that. Nobody worries about 'perception', least of all the Cowboys. Did you forget they just signed Aldon Smith? I guess you did.

Not the beach per se in NY but the lifestyle is there, celebrities, entertainers, musicians etc...they live there and go out at night there. Big difference between that and DFW.

Whatever did he do in Cleveland? Whatever would he do in the next place not named New York that he would go to? Your case sucks.

the state tax thing is so irrelevant. He is a lifestyle culture guy. So to me as I have said repeatedly now the only place I imagine he would want to play if he had his own choice would be Miami or LA.

You have no idea of anything you're talking about here. None at all.

I'm done wasting my time.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Not even sure what you are arguing here. I never argued that NY was a smaller market than Dallas. My point was Dallas>>Cleveland and Minnesota. You disagreed. Yet, the only thing you've brought up is NY, Miami and LA. Are you even aware of what you're arguing at this point?

NY Giants ain't the Dallas Cowboys. Sorry. You want to compare teams you're talking Lakers and Yankees. Not the NY Giants.

I'm not arguing market size, that is what you did. I am saying Dallas minnesota, Cleveland, detroit etc...are all basically the same to a guy like him.

He wants to be part of the action of the culture and that lifestyle. Which among nfl cities is really only in Miami or LA.

maybe when he gets towards the end of his career he will change but I have never believed he even really likes football that much.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd make that trade. His contract numbers for the next four years are cheap, especially given that there's no guaranteed money involved. The Cowboys would then undoubtedly have the best receiving trio in the league.

And given where this team outright wastes money, $15 million a year for Beckham isn't all that bad.
I need those two picks to be defensive picks though. I need cheap talent on defense. Granted, if their plan is to go wide receiver with the 1st pick.....then yeah it would be smarter to trade those two picks and go defense with the rest of your picks.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Only in media coverage in print and radio. For TV? Nobody touches the Cowboys. Nobody.

So what? Who cares what "the rest of the division" thinks about what we do? I prefer that they not like it. That means it's good for us and bad for them.

What is this even supposed to mean? You're really struggling now.

The eyeballs are there already. If yu can add a player you think can help you win, you do that. Nobody worries about 'perception', least of all the Cowboys. Did you forget they just signed Aldon Smith? I guess you did.

Whatever did he do in Cleveland? Whatever would he do in the next place not named New York that he would go to? Your case sucks.

You have no idea of anything you're talking about here. None at all.

I'm done wasting my time.

I guess you really do not understand how Dallas is used in the media nor do you understand what I mean by lifestyle or culture.

Oh well I am done wasting my time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not arguing market size, that is what you did. I am saying Dallas minnesota, Cleveland, detroit etc...are all basically the same to a guy like him.

He wants to be part of the action of the culture and that lifestyle. Which among nfl cities is really only in Miami or LA.

maybe when he gets towards the end of his career he will change but I have never believed he even really likes football that much.
And that is where you are WRONG. Dallas is nothing like Minnesota or Cleveland or Detroit. You're talking crazy now. If you want to say Dallas isn't LA or NY fair enough.

And maybe you're a little outdated but the lifestyle in Miami and LA is out here in Dallas too lol. Ask Zeke and Dak lol.

dckid

Reaction score

Sounds like a good trade if he is healthy. I am less concerned about him being a cancer more about his health.
I think he is a distressed asset, and someone can extract value by trading for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need those two picks to be defensive picks though. I need cheap talent on defense. Granted, if their plan is to go wide receiver with the 1st pick.....then yeah it would be smarter to trade those two picks and go defense with the rest of your picks.

I can totally understand that. Ideally, that's exactly what I'm doing this year too. But didn't this twitter report say 'next year'? I took that to mean in 2021.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess you really do not understand how Dallas is used in the media nor do you understand what I mean by lifestyle or culture.

Oh well I am done wasting my time.

You're arguing a stance that's not arguable. Just to argue.

What any of this means for Beckham’s future is a whole other matter. He has an opinionated circle of friends and family that surrounds him. Some still speak in hopeful tones about him potentially ending up with the Dallas Cowboys, which would put him in close proximity to his parents. Others continue to pine for a road that ends with the New Orleans Saints, the hometown favorite for many of Beckham’s family and friends who have surrounded him since he was born in Louisiana.

Now tell us again what you were saying lol?

MikeB80

Reaction score
And that is where you are WRONG. Dallas is nothing like Minnesota or Cleveland or Detroit. You're talking crazy now. If you want to say Dallas isn't LA or NY fair enough.

And maybe you're a little outdated but the lifestyle in Miami and LA is out here in Dallas too lol. Ask Zeke and Dak lol.

well this will just devolve off topic but which cities are better is just your own personal opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can totally understand that. Ideally, that's exactly what I'm doing this year too. But didn't this twitter report say 'next year'? I took that to mean in 2021.
Oh hell if they want the 2021 draft they can have it lol. I assumed those picks were this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
well this will just devolve off topic but which cities are better is just your own personal opinion.
Not just my opinion. Not many guys enter free agency and say they can't wait to play for Cleveland and Detroit. Those cities are horrible. The people that live there don't even want to be there.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You're arguing a stance that's not arguable. Just to argue.

What any of this means for Beckham’s future is a whole other matter. He has an opinionated circle of friends and family that surrounds him. Some still speak in hopeful tones about him potentially ending up with the Dallas Cowboys, which would put him in close proximity to his parents. Others continue to pine for a road that ends with the New Orleans Saints, the hometown favorite for many of Beckham’s family and friends who have surrounded him since he was born in Louisiana.

Now tell us again what you were saying lol?

you are arguing on opinion of which city is better.

This quote? statement? says his friends hope he will play in new orleans or Dallas. Where does it say he wants to play there.

I am sure playing in New Orleans would suit him since his family is in the state.

I will tell you again what I was saying. He is a guy who I think views all the cities in the nfl as the same except for maybe NY, LA and Miami.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you are arguing on opinion of which city is better.

This quote? statement? says his friends hope he will play in new orleans or Dallas. Where does it say he wants to play there.

I am sure playing in New Orleans would suit him since his family is in the state.

I will tell you again what I was saying. He is a guy who I think views all the cities in the nfl as the same except for maybe NY, LA and Miami.
Where are you getting this opinion from though? You keep stating it but where are you getting your views from?