Twitter: Rumor: OBJ to Vikings?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yea...not gonna be popular here, but I'd undercut the Vikings here
why? we just paid for our #1 and our #2 is locked up in gallop. obj is going to want #1 money and time. he's never proven to be a team first player so just let him go off where ever he thinks he needs to go and i'll be happy if it isn't here.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Vikings are in horrible Cap Hell. No way they can afford taht contract and knowing he wants even more money.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
why? we just paid for our #1 and our #2 is locked up in gallop. obj is going to want #1 money and time. he's never proven to be a team first player so just let him go off where ever he thinks he needs to go and i'll be happy if it isn't here.

He only signed his deal 2 years ago and it's more difficult/expensive to hold out than it was previously. While as a general rule, you should never underestimate greed, OBJ just doesn't have much incentive to hold out before this season or even next, so what he wants as far as money goes, doesn't matter too much. He's on the books for less than $14,500,000 for the next 4 years and he has been paid some $37 million the last two years. So financially, I make it work by dealing him in two years when it's time to extend Gallup. The second and fifth are worth that, even without knowing if we could get anything in exchange for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So if Diggs was an issue for Captain Kirk and the Vikes...what do they imagine OBJ will be? Lol

Vikings completely ripped off the other team in the Diggs trade. And he was injury prone. Thats why they traded Diggs. Great move. If they could get OBJ for a 2nd round pick its an upgrade in every way.

cern

Reaction score
Obj likes the spotlight. Places like NY. No spotlight in Cleveland. Not much in Minnesota.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
A guy like OBJ only becomes a problem if he doesn’t get a lot of passes thrown his way. Captain Kirk will feed him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Neither Cleveland or Detroit are horrible in any way. That is just an opinion of yours.

Plenty of people love living in those cities and love the history and the atmosphere in playing there.

There was a time when this was believed about Green Bay, Buffalo...hell new england was a bankrupt franchise about to move at one point.

My brother lives in Baltimore. He went to see a Steve Harvey comedy show. This was before he got big time. Apparently, the crowd was giving Steve a hard time, and Steve started back on the crowd, blasting them and their apparent rudeness. Then, someone in the crowd shouts: "But you're from CLEVELAND!" The entire audiences burst in laughter. I think it was the biggest laugh of the night.

Not trying to dive into this debate, but Cleveland's national reputation isn't very great. But I'm sure some people love it. Shrug.

quickccc

Reaction score
Teams never learn.

Can't wait to hear how Mike zimmer's tough guy persona is going to straighten him out.

In A WR rich draft class, ...and luxury of having a pro bowl WR on the opposite, why would the vikes wanna another disgruntled crybaby WR, when they just got rid of one
( Diggs) and then still have to take on a bulk of Beckham's cap dollars and surrender key picks too ? :huh:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Doesn't sound right. Why trade for ODB when they can just make Theilen the #1WR and draft a #2?

Bikes could use that same 2 n 5 to get some adequate weapons for Cap Kirk.

luckyman76

Reaction score
He only signed his deal 2 years ago and it's more difficult/expensive to hold out than it was previously. While as a general rule, you should never underestimate greed, OBJ just doesn't have much incentive to hold out before this season or even next, so what he wants as far as money goes, doesn't matter too much. He's on the books for less than $14,500,000 for the next 4 years and he has been paid some $37 million the last two years. So financially, I make it work by dealing him in two years when it's time to extend Gallup. The second and fifth are worth that, even without knowing if we could get anything in exchange for him.

I can see how it could work but why would I want to again invest that much on O when the D needs a secondary and more help at the RDE. If he could get the touches unlike in CLE, I think it could be a very good move but I think we need more cap balance on D. We are paying 2 guys! I am worried he will be underutilized if he is not the #1 like in CLE. If it is a 2021 2nd that is more appealing than taking that hit now with more time to spread out priorities. However, I don't think getting two years use out of a 2nd is worth it. I generally view picks 1-3 as needing to be at least first contract and mostly 10yr potential starters because you churn the roster too much without being able to keep talent. To me, capwise, it makes more sense to roll with Gallup who might equal OBJs production this year and get a Lamb as a slot WR if possible and then you have two CHEAP WR options to offset Cooper. That extra money can be spent on D as a surprise investment at DE or an addition in the secondary or rolling over cap. We will need to pay LVE if he is back and are going to have to build a secondary. We will need to reinvest in DT as well after our stop gaps expire so we really need to hit on all of these early picks on D to build a solid team and maybe have to invest in another C.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think the Vikings realized Diggs wasn't worth the headache.

People have to realize ODB wants to be in LA. Wants to be in NY. I don't think these Minnesota and Cleveland teams fit his diva persona.

I don’t know if a team fits his diva needs. You would have to put the Cowboys in Los Angeles and then move Los Angeles next to New York.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
OBJ was on a hall of fame projection. Dude has the talent but needs to find a place with at least a above average QB.