RELEASED Rush released

lkelly

Reaction score
This is next level GM stuff. Or my friend Peyton passing out in the 10th round of our FF draft with 5 QBs already on his roster stuff.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Someone is going to be brought back.

You'd obviously let fear dictate your move here, playing scared.

I would jump all over this, if only I were GM for a day.

It doesn't matter how prepared a QB is if they don't have the talent in the first place.

There are several guys with talent. It's not like you need months and months to learn a playbook.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Rush wouldn't garner any attention for a backup spot somewhere. But why start over somewhere else when you can be a backup in a system you already know?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's not like Rush can't be replaced by any other QB that another team finds less than stellar.

I'm not too surprised, really. He actually didn't stand out as anyone above being released. :oops:

Last edited:

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Cowboy's handling of the backup QB position:
"Hit the road, no more free rides."
511f335572eef4dbbd6aeedc3cea12ab.gif

Mannix

Reaction score
I am imagining that they released them both, so they can afford to "Triple" resign Noah Brown to a brand new updated contract. Plus, a 2 million dollar bonus for catching his first NFL TD. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Cmac

Reaction score
You know you're pretty good at back-up QB when the guy won a critical mid-season game for ya in Minny last season.

Just sayin. We'll be fine.
How long can you hang onto that one game in the QB resume?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well this is the Dallas Cowboys so cutting all your QBs except the starter just after your starting LT gets injured when no viable LT back up exists makes 100% sense.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
You know you are terrible at backup QB when you can release all of your options.

:facepalm:
you could never convince the clowns running this team of that, right now they’re somewhere high fiving themselves

JustChip

Reaction score
I guess they fear no one will claim them. Or if they do, both will not get claimed.

However there were some QB's released by other teams. Maybe they have an eye on them.
I don’t think Rush is subject to waivers, but Grier is. My guess is they have a handshake agreement with Rush and he’ll be back after the IR recall machinations and Grier will be a PS candidate if he clears waivers. Of course, Grier could sign with any other team’s PS.

Last edited: