Rush vs Dak: Vision of field

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Linehan couldn't do it. Garrett couldn't do it. Moore can't do it.

What does it take to make a gameplan for a $40 million quarterback?

Playcalling isn't the issue. Hitting the broad side of a barn is the issue.
Exactly. The level of excuse making some people will do for Dak is hard to fathom. I think Moore in particular has done an excellent job designing plays that mesh with Dak's skill set. It's not his fault if Dak has certain limitations he seemingly will never overcome.

offlimits

Reaction score
Some of you are something else. I root for Rush cause he's a Cowboy and think he's simply driving the bus as a backup QB should. But i'm going to say this....if Dak put up the same numbers as Rush, you guys would say, we're not going to make it with those numbers. I know because some of you said it before. So STOP IT! Cooper Rush is doing a very good job as a BACKUP. NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS HE BETTER THAN DAK. Look back at the threads and read how Dak gets talked bad about because he didn't put up big passing numbers. Now that Cooper Rush is putting up similar numbers.....HE'S GREAT! He's doing a good job but he's no where near the talent of Dak.

As long as the bus driver gets me to my stop on time... I have no issue with it. Style points do not count in the NFL. Results do.

kskboys

Reaction score
As long as the bus driver gets me to my stop on time... I have no issue with it. Style points do not count in the NFL. Results do.
Absolutely.

And to carry that further, results against playoff teams is what really counts. A QB must be able to make plays against playoff type D's. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This thread isn’t intended to be a who is better thread or who should start thread. This is merely an observation about one aspect of their respective talents.

Rush seems to be able to see the field batter than Dak and go through his progressions better than Dak.

If so, that’s really not a good thing as far as Dak is concerned. He has a great deal more reps and game experience. The fact that Rush has the better of him that regard is a serious cause for concern regarding Dak.

Yah, those two picks that got called back really showed that. And that 21 point per game average? WOW!!!! 25th ranked offense? WOW!!

Rush just sees the field soo much better!! :muttley:

Dak and his 31 point per game, #1 scoring offense just looks soo pathetic in comparison to the one Rush runs. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

You make great observations. We need more of your spot on posts. :thumbdown:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread isn’t intended to be a who is better thread or who should start thread. This is merely an observation about one aspect of their respective talents.

Rush seems to be able to see the field batter than Dak and go through his progressions better than Dak.

If so, that’s really not a good thing as far as Dak is concerned. He has a great deal more reps and game experience. The fact that Rush has the better of him that regard is a serious cause for concern regarding Dak.
Both of the last 2 game analysts (Aikman and Greg Olson) have said that Rush is a 1-read QB...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't need a cannon if you have anticipation. He's thrown some sweet deep balls these past couple weeks
The peopel that have been calling him a noodle arm...or worse....aren;t gonna admit that.

Good passes....mostly in stride. Good timing as far as going for it...as opposed to a 5 yard dump off.

"Oh it wasn't a canon Rush sucks" Come on.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Your final paragraph is the pertinent point moving forwards regardless. A practice squad QB is 4-0 with the same team that Prescott has been 6-6 during the same stretch. Rush is arguably not even a top 60 QB in the league - it just proves the point that many people on here have claimed for years that Prescott shouldn't have been paid. If you look back to last season then the win over the Patriots is one that Rush probably doesn't pull out the bag but then there may have been a game that he lost which Rush might have won. In essence, there isn't much between the two in terms of the team winning games - the offense under Prescott scored 3 points against a defense that conceded 41 points last night.

With that said, Rush is a backup QB but a proper QB is needed to replace Prescott as the starter - however, given his undesirable contract, the front office have dug themselves into a hold unless they can arrange a trade.

Yes, not everyone saying Dak isn't the answer is implying that Rush is. But, this does validate our concerns about that contract. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face Dak should have been paid. If he weren't the Cowboys would be moving on this year is my guess. I do disagree that Rush doesn't pull out the game against the Patriots. Dak turned the ball over twice in the end zone that game. Diggs had a pick six and Gregory had a strip sack where the Pats were in FG range. I don't think special QB play was needed to win that one. Dak's play certainly wasn't special.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe it's not a field of vision problem. Maybe it's the offense has been stripped down for Rush. Because I don't see Rush going through his progressions very often, like Dak. So Moore must be calling either or plays for Rush. Where he makes one read before choosing his target.
:hammer::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Linehan couldn't do it. Garrett couldn't do it. Moore can't do it.

What does it take to make a gameplan for a $40 million quarterback?

Playcalling isn't the issue. Hitting the broad side of a barn is the issue.
Stand out on the field 50 yards away. I bet Dak will hit you square in the ****!
:lmao::flagwave::eek::p:cool:;)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't have the Kurt Warner video someone posted last season where Kurt dissected Dak's passing game. In the video Kurt showed how Dak was not seeing the defense and he was throwing to the wrong receivers. Of course all these videos select plays that help make the argument the presenter wants to make. But Warner's video, I thought, was very insightful.

I think it is obvious that the biggest difference between Dak and Rush is that Rush sees the defense and has a better idea of where to throw the football than Dak does. Call it knowing the offense better, or whatever. But Dak is less decisive in his throws and seems more confused by certain defenses. You cannot blame Moore and the receivers for every bad play. I am sure they make mistakes while Cooper Rush is playing too.

I am not suggesting Rush should be the starter. There is a reason Rush, missing some players on offense, has won 3 games this season alone. We have seen Rush make some good plays and avoid mistakes. But we have seen Dak put up way more points in games than Rush seems capable of. Dak should be the starter. Rush has just been surprisingly good while he has played.
Wrong.

I saw that tape breakdown by Kurt Warner, and he failed to realize the pressure in Dak's face on some of those playoff throws. Same thing happened on Week 1. If you're honest, the pass protection by the Oline, route running by the receivers and playcalling by our O-Coordinator has been totally different after Week 1's performance. Quit acting like it's been the same, because videos show it's been different and improved upon.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree with Ocho for once.

Only thing i disagree with is...i do love Dak..ha

I have been saying, i rewatched the TB game 3 times and said it was amazing how many holes we dug out of and how close the game was until late in the 3rd quarter. When I say that the playcalling and penalties kill the offense...i am not joking.

The biggest difference has been the improved and conservative playcalling and the lack of drive-killing penalties.
Shhh, don't say such facts around here brother. You will get followed and ridiculed like they do to me.

lol. Their desperation of hatred cracks me up.

Reactions: Ken

Creeper

Reaction score
Wrong.

I saw that tape breakdown by Kurt Warner, and he failed to realize the pressure in Dak's face on some of those playoff throws. Same thing happened on Week 1. If you're honest, the pass protection by the Oline, route running by the receivers and playcalling by our O-Coordinator has been totally different after Week 1's performance. Quit acting like it's been the same, because videos show it's been different and improved upon.

So Kurt Warner, the HoF QB is wrong? And you are right? And you fail to accept that pressure is sometimes the fault of the QB not seeing where the pressure will come from and where his receivers will be to get rid of the ball quickly. I think that was precisely what Warner was saying.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So Kurt Warner, the HoF QB is wrong? And you are right? And you fail to accept that pressure is sometimes the fault of the QB not seeing where the pressure will come from and where his receivers will be to get rid of the ball quickly. I think that was precisely what Warner was saying.
I agree with much what Kurt Warner said, but like I said, he failed to mention anything about having pressure right on your face during some of those throws. Seems he forgot how often he was affected by pressure in his face. Out of a 12 year career with 3 different teams, he only led his teams to 2 maybe 3 good seasons. The other 9 were... meh. What happened to the HOF'er during those 9 years?

Swagger

Reaction score
Yes, not everyone saying Dak isn't the answer is implying that Rush is. But, this does validate our concerns about that contract. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face Dak should have been paid. If he weren't the Cowboys would be moving on this year is my guess. I do disagree that Rush doesn't pull out the game against the Patriots. Dak turned the ball over twice in the end zone that game. Diggs had a pick six and Gregory had a strip sack where the Pats were in FG range. I don't think special QB play was needed to win that one. Dak's play certainly wasn't special.
It was a wild game against the Patriots that's for sure. To be honest, I was trying to throw Prescott a bone and be kind. I don't rate him and never have. I agree with you.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Dak has the physical edge over Rush.
Rush has the mental edge over Dak.
Which is most important ?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something is off with Dak and yes his vision has been a problem. The Tamp game he was throwing constantly to double or even triple covered wide outs.

I never liked Cooper Rush.. but he’s playing well and seems to be getting better.
He hasn't been the same for a while, maybe since last year. Maybe like he's playing with more injuries than is known.