Russell Wilson 4 yr extension $140 million

superonyx

Reaction score
yup...If I was the Seattle GM...no way I'm giving in on that deal...and they threw in the no-trade claus to boot. :omg:

Here is to the Seahawks sucking for then next 6-8 years. They may not hit the wall this coming season...oh but it's coming. All the years of not having #1 picks is finally gonna catch up to them. No money to pay free agents. Got only 4 picks in this years draft. Amazes me how their GM gets credit for building a team.
You need to get used to it.
This is what franchise QBs are making.
Fans want to cry at every QB signing and say no one is worth that much. Carson Wentz will get paid big also. Goff also. Patrick Mahommes also.ect.

You need a franchise QB and franchise QBs make 25-30M. All of them will.

Cousins and Alex Smith make this much. It’s just time to accept it and move on.

It’s funny how people say every team will suck after paying their QBs. Yet the teams that actually suck are the ones who don’t have a QB worth paying,

The league will continue to balance itself by paying other positions less like safeties, RBs, OL ect.

superonyx

Reaction score
He is worth it. Paying big money for a top 3 QB is with it. Paying big money to Staffird, Cousins, Dak is not worth it. If you have a franchise QB you have to pay him because what other choice do you have? Ryan Tannehil?
Ok so then if you are the Lions, Vikkngs or Cowboys who are you signing that is going to improve your team after you let your QB walk over a couple of million?

Doesn’t the backup for the bears make $10M per year? Nick Foles is getting 22M.

It’s time to accept that your solid starting QB is going to eat up a large portion of your salary cap and move on.

$24M, $28M, $30?

The difference isn’t so much that you dump your QB and start over with trying to find a replacement when you have a team talented enough to compete today.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL yeah the Cowboys have SO MUCH more talent than Seattle, a team that’s had a top-notch D for years.

Oh, and we just beat Seattle in the playoffs.

Dak’s haters are hilarious.
:laugh:

Add a SB to this list and two NFC Championship wins. With the worst oline in the league and Doug Baldwin as his best weapon.

Meanwhile the scrub here needs us to have an all world back and top 15 receiver to look even semi decent :lmao2:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Any hope of getting Dak for less than 25 just went bye bye.

I love Russell Wilson. One of my favorite non cowboy players. But man 35 mil a season is a tough pill to swallow. But give it a year or two and it won’t be the highest in nfl history anymore.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope our backup starting qb doesn't ask for no more than 20. Be a leader and do it for the team, ***** squirt gun kid.

John813

Reaction score
Curious to see the cap hits per year. Wonder if the first year hit is in the 20's, and the last year balloons over 40mil.

Ok so then if you are the Lions, Vikkngs or Cowboys who are you signing that is going to improve your team after you let your QB walk over a couple of million?

Doesn’t the backup for the bears make $10M per year? Nick Foles is getting 22M.

It’s time to accept that your solid starting QB is going to eat up a large portion of your salary cap and move on.

$24M, $28M, $30?

The difference isn’t so much that you dump your QB and start over with trying to find a replacement when you have a team talented enough to compete today.

Daniels makes 10mil over 2 years, with a cap hit of 6 mil this year in his final season.
*Had to check since that made me interested to find out cap hits for backups nowadays.

IMO I think Foles at 22mil AAV isn't that bad considering that his latest tape is good and his former QB coach with the Eagles is in Jax.

No argument over cap hits and starters. It's now a position that demands huge % of the cap, and well a team will be dumb to lose a starter over a few million(AAV) where they can throw the bigger cap hits into the future.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans want to cry at every QB signing and say no one is worth that much. Carson Wentz will get paid big also. Goff also. Patrick Mahommes also.ect.

It’s funny how people say every team will suck after paying their QBs. Yet the teams that actually suck are the ones who don’t have a QB worth paying,

The league will continue to balance itself by paying other positions less like safeties, RBs, OL ect.
Good post. Basic economics interpretation.

Some people have their own personal understanding of what defines a franchise quarterback. The teams' front offices have their own definition of a franchise quarterback. I believe it is totally fair stating the definition of a franchise quarterback differs completely between the two.

Regardless (and always), it is teams' front offices who control all aspects of signing the player. That control can be very hard or impossible to accept by anyone believing their opinion outweighs the one held by the team's front office.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The top 6 highest paid QBs did not make the playoffs last year, at least that is what I heard on the Clay Travis show this morning.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Pretty much summarized my thought process. I find it inconceivable that QB's garner these kind of contracts... but whether you like it or not, that's what the market is doing.

I long for the days of a bus-driver QB at a bus-driver price (by the way, that's sarcasm).