Russell Wilson 4 yr extension $140 million

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With Cooper, his stats are top 10. He will have Cooper back, plus a better Gallup, add Cobb & the other receivers. Not to mention no more Linehand.

Barring lots of key injuries, we'll see how good Dak is. It appears Frederick will be back, which would let Looney go to LG if Williams struggles again, so the line should be back up to snuff. Cooper and Gallup with a full off season to work with Dak. Witten back to provide Dak with the security blanket all quarterbacks can use. Cobb on board, an experienced, proven good receiver.

Of course, Moore is an unknown, but at least he'll have a fresh approach. Assuming the play calling will be better.

In the above cases, no excuses for the offense to not be top 10. Should have a top-10 defense as well, assuming Lawrence returns to form after the surgery and even if he doesn't, Quinn is no slouch at DE. Iloka may improve the safety play.

If Dak can't make strides this year, then we'll know for sure he's topped out at quarterback or not...

blueblood70

Reaction score
IDC what the MARKET says you still have to be in the area code talent and production wise and as much as I like Dak and wish him success here for many years hes not in the same zip[ code as tier 1 elite guys pay scale..this has zero effect on Daks contract unless its a FT deal..

you have to look at Dak as 4yrs behind RW and RW took a 18mil per season that escalated to 21 as his second contract and now, moved himself from bottom tier 1 to top 5 QBs .. Dak has to take a similar jump not from rookie deal to 30 sorry Charlie that is NOT how the market works as I guarantee Mariotta and other in Daks area code wont be sniffing 30..

Dak is 25 or less QB at this time very low tier one top tier 2 guy, thats reality..The FO of the DC will be flat stupid to outbid themselves at this point.. if dak wants that kind of money anything over 25 you FT him 2 years and let him develop further to EARN 30 or let him walk like Cousins..

please dont spew Market stuff to me the players has to be playing like the comps in that Market, Daks market is in the 10-15 QB market not top 5 money..heres lots of starters from 10-32 that wont be getting 35mil or anything over 28 thats the market for top tier guys.. the mistakes have been made and the Owners should take note not one of the highest paid QBS made it to the playoffs last season and none have won a SB.. it can destroy team to pay a QB especially one that doesnt deserve it that kind of money.. Dak is QB that can succeed but we need money to get him players to help him.. Cousins and Carr were monumental mistakes looking at it from oh ots market thing, it will change the tier 2 market back to reality..

Daks market is not RW thats like comparing Krogers to Whole foods Daks Kroger and RW WF right now..sorry its reality and at some point..if Dak doesnt take 22-25 mil let him walk, seriously I like him but hs not so good that he cant be replaced.. he IMO is not in postion of strength.. show me the numbers not win loss stats but positional numbers that show hes a 30 tier guy..they can NOT

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
give him 20 and tell him to make up the difference in commercials and modeling jean jones jeans. That should be fine for a bus driver. And give him a taxi so he can make some extra money during the playoffs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
or let him sell hot dogs during the playoffs in the stands. we're usually not playing

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Seahawks have been winning with Wilson. Why would they now start sucking all of a sudden?

Won't suck for sure, it's the NFL, you never know.

But the Seahawks' SB teams got there largely because of their defense, with guys like Bennett, Thomas, Sherman and Avril all gone, can the backups play up to those guys' level?

Per Over the Cap the Seahawks only had about $10 mil of cap space, less now I'm guessing with Wilson's big contract. Wilson can't do it all, every quarterback needs help.

But the Hawks really had little choice, franchise, SB winning quarterbacks don't grow on trees, they better hope he stays healthy and productive for at least 3-4 more years so they can re-build the team around him...

conner01

Reaction score
Yes he is

Switch him with Dak and see how trash that team would be
I don’t think anyone thinks he’s not worth a top 5 or so contract
The question is when one guy gets that much of your cap, can you still build around him
You better have great drafts and always have a guy in line to replace guys so you don’t have to give out many contracts
It’s not about Wilson but the pct of your cap going to one guy

conner01

Reaction score
Won't suck for sure, it's the NFL, you never know.

But the Seahawks' SB teams got there largely because of their defense, with guys like Bennett, Thomas, Sherman and Avril all gone, can the backups play up to those guys' level?

Per Over the Cap the Seahawks only had about $10 mil of cap space, less now I'm guessing with Wilson's big contract. Wilson can't do it all, every quarterback needs help.

But the Hawks really had little choice, franchise, SB winning quarterbacks don't grow on trees, they better hope he stays healthy and productive for at least 3-4 more years so they can re-build the team around him...
It’s a catch 22
Signing a elite QB makes building a complete team harder
Not having atleast a good QB makes building a SB team almost impossible

Reaction score
This is why we have 1000 commercials per game and extravagant ticket prices. If it wasn't for the invention of the DVR and fast-forward this would be intolerable! That said, Wilson is a good player and seems to be a quality person, good for him.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
what is going to happen if the next tv contracts are not a big as the current ones?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'll take Dak, he's still improving. And he'll have his full OL back to protect him. He & Gallup will be much better in sync this year.

I wouldn't take him over Wilson at this point. I hope after this season I'll feel differently about that, which is why I wait to pay him.

If he plays on Wilson's level, then he's worth (at least marketwise) a contract similar to Wilson. If he doesn't play on that level, then I'm not sure I want to pay him just slightly less than Wilson instead of looking for someone at least on Wilson's level of play.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It’s a catch 22
Signing a elite QB makes building a complete team harder
Not having atleast a good QB makes building a SB team almost impossible

Agreed, though an incomplete team with an elite quarterback and a team with everything but an elite quarterback can, and have, both won SBs...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is why we have 1000 commercials per game and extravagant ticket prices. If it wasn't for the invention of the DVR and fast-forward this would be intolerable! That said, Wilson is a good player and seems to be a quality person, good for him.

In 1993 Aikman became the highest paid NFL player, with an 8 year, $50 mil contract, or $6.25 mil a year. That's like 28th in the league now. Rodgers got about $33 mil a year just a couple of years ago, pretty soon $30 mil will be the going rate for a "pretty good" quarterback...