Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

dsturgeon

Reaction score
This is not the global economy 100 years ago. There is a huge amount of money invested in Russia worldwide, Russia has huge investments world wide, Russia has massive debt. Everything is intertwined. A large part of tge world depends on their energy and infrastructure. A few thousand deaths and military spending doesn't out weigh that to them

You don't just collapse that. If it does get collapsed, it is a planned collapse, an order out of chaos deal.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not the global economy 100 years ago. There is a huge amount of money invested in Russia worldwide, Russia has huge investments world wide, Russia has massive debt. Everything is intertwined. A large part of tge world depends on their energy and infrastructure. A few thousand deaths and military spending doesn't out weigh that to them
This has already been brought up. We have talked about how the world is more connected now than it was in the past.

However, NATO will still do what it has to do regardless of the financial impact. Germany and Sweden changing decades-old policies and stances so quickly is astonishing.

Putin was likely counting on those dependencies to prevent NATO (especially all of NATO) as well as other nearby countries from moving so quickly and he was also likely not thinking it would take this long to gain control of the Ukraine government.

History is full of warning signs that were ignored leading up to the start of Hitler's blitzkrieg across Europe and the West never wants to see that happen again or the financial market would get much worse as more countries started being forced to pick sides.

While money drives most of the world's policies and actions, there are worse possibilities and countries have learned are worth taking serious financial hits in the near term to avoid catastrophic financial issues in the long term.

The world is more connected now, but some countries still live in the past and fail to understand just how important those connections are. Putin is learning that now and hopefully more countries will see this and realize that attacking countries is just not worth the cost of the eventual global fallout.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
This has already been brought up. We have talked about how the world is more connected now than it was in the past.

However, NATO will still do what it has to do regardless of the financial impact. Germany and Sweden changing decades-old policies and stances so quickly is astonishing.

Putin was likely counting on those dependencies to prevent NATO (especially all of NATO) as well as other nearby countries from moving so quickly and he was also likely not thinking it would take this long to gain control of the Ukraine government.

History is full of warning signs that were ignored leading up to the start of Hitler's blitzkrieg across Europe and the West never wants to see that happen again or the financial market would get much worse as more countries started being forced to pick sides.

While money drives most of the world's policies and actions, there are worse possibilities countries have learned are worth taking serious financial hits in the near term to avoid catastrophic financial issues in the long term.

The world is more connected now, but some countries still live in the past and fail to understand just how important those connections are. Putin is learning that now and hopefully more countries will see this and realize that attacking countries is just not worth the cost of the eventual global fallout.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Those are big predictions on your side, like mine are big predictions as well. I do think it is more of a show, and maybe a distraction.

As far as the old ways go, I think the control systems with technology that China is test driving, and the new path the WEF and UN have laid is what the world is going to. First in countries where they can force it, and then through the backdoor in the others.

I hope this gets stopped, the war stops, and everyone is able to live well. I have a different kingdom view of the world, and brothers and sisters worldwide. But I don't trust what I see. Just off hindsight, what we see in real time never seems to be the truth.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that it took so long for Russia to get their attack force in position allowed the world's leaders too much time to formulate their response. Surprise gets hesitation and valuable time for him to get into the country and get established.

This was a daily bulletin about the progress and then Putin doubles down by saying they are withdrawing troops only to be doing the opposite and he thinks he'll fool someone with that?

I think Putin is confused by the Russia he wishes he had with the one that really exists. The longer this draws out the stronger the opposition within his own country will grow.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The fact that it took so long for Russia to get their attack force in position allowed the world's leaders too much time to formulate their response. Surprise gets hesitation and valuable time for him to get into the country and get established.

This was a daily bulletin about the progress and then Putin doubles down by saying they are withdrawing troops only to be doing the opposite and he thinks he'll fool someone with that?

I think Putin is confused by the Russia he wishes he had with the one that really exists. The longer this draws out the stronger the opposition within his own country will grow.

Unless you take out technology, sneak attacks won't happen. You can't move troops without everyone you pass pulling out their phone and making it go viral.

That is why everytime a UN vehicle, military vehicle, or plane enters the US or Canada there are tons of videos

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This.

One of the few "good things" coming out of this is that Germany seems to have waken up from its pacifist slumber.

A German military focused on goals that come with good and proper values is a military to be greatly respected.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not read the whole thread.

However I am very curious if various countries have united, behind the scenes, in trying to cyber attack Russia.

We know Russia is a big player in the online world of cyber attacks, I wonder if it is being returned due to what is going on now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

However I am very curious if various countries have united, behind the scenes, in trying to cyber attack Russia.

We know Russia is a big player in the online world of cyber attacks, I wonder if it is being returned due to what is going on now.
Since that and misinformation has been their weapon of choice, I would be surprised if many of the countries in NATO aren't combining info to thwart Russia's earned reputation for hacking.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

While money drives most of the world's policies and actions, there are worse possibilities and countries have learned are worth taking serious financial hits in the near term to avoid catastrophic financial issues in the long term.

IMO the way this whole thing is playing out is a huge win for globalists. Look how quickly the wealthy (and many other Russians) are turning on Putin now that their economy is being destroyed. Obviously it's early but the way things look, the economic pressure being applied is showing a path to defeat a madman in charge of a world super power without ever firing a bullet.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I haven't and probably wouldn't hear of any countries doing cyberattacks on Ukraine's behalf, but Ukraine has started an "IT Army". Various factions of the group Anonymous has joined the cyber war against the Russian govt and Putin. Scroll back a couple pages, I posted a creepy video they released, very "V for Vendetta" or "Mr. Robot" vibe to it. Several Russian govt sites have been taken offline or severely slowed down. Reports that they have broken into some state media sites and Russian banks as well.

Hacking groups such as Anonymous and the Cyber Partisans have claimed responsibility for cyberattacks on Russia’s banks, state broadcaster RT, and a Belarusian rail network reportedly used to move troops from Russia to Ukraine.
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/anonymous-russia-hackers-ukraine-message-b2024989.html

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
False flag cyber attacks would be an easy way to bring other countries into the war

Like the sinking of one's own ship

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

The late Donald Rumsfeld, Former United States Secretary of Defence once said, "You don't go to war with the military you wish you had, you go to war with the military you have." Putin didn't listen to those words that are now ringing so true for Russia.