Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ukraine is not part of NATO. This idea that NATO is next is a reach. US already said they will protect every inch of NATO soil. Peace now!

Dodger12

Reaction score
Unless NATO intervenes, and they won’t, the only way Putin is taken down is by the Russian people. They need to feel the consequences of the leadership they have. History is full of episodes where the people revolted or overthrew their dictators. There’s an old adage that says “the people get the leadership they deserve.” Let the Russian people suffer the consequences and maybe they will rise up. At least their children and families are not being massacred and bombed by an invading army.

I agree. Just how that would happen is the question. Maybe the military will step and end the madness but my guess is all the military leaders are hand picked and probably have overseas bank accounts. It's the only way to keep them loyal to Putin. It's a complicated situation.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless NATO intervenes, and they won’t, the only way Putin is taken down is by the Russian people. They need to feel the consequences of the leadership they have. History is full of episodes where the people revolted or overthrew their dictators. There’s an old adage that says “the people get the leadership they deserve.” Let the Russian people suffer the consequences and maybe they will rise up. At least their children and families are not being massacred and bombed by an invading army.
That is one of the main purposes of sanctions. Long term it can weaken a country's military and defense, but in the short term the goal is to put financial pressure on that country's people and industries until the leader(s) are either removed or pressured into relenting.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ukraine is not part of NATO. This idea that NATO is next is a reach. US already said they will protect every inch of NATO soil. Peace now!

If Russia assumes control of Ukraine, then the western border of Ukraine will be "ringed" by several countries that belong to NATO and the result will be constant melodrama, with one "We're on the verge of conflict" report after another.

Both NATO and Russia will pad the borders with troops and weapons... The US will have to move additional troops there.

And one accidental shooting down of an opponents plane (of course tension will be high every single day) could trigger an all-out world war.

Yeah, that's sounds like a great option to me...

MaineBoy

Reaction score
That is one of the main purposes of sanctions. Long term it can weaken a country's military and defense, but in the short term the goal is to put financial pressure on that country's people and industries until the leader(s) are either removed or pressured into relenting.

Perfect summation.

Warick

Reaction score
There's one situation I'm concerned about. That is giving Putin a reason to use a small tactical nuke in Ukraine. What do we do? That's a bad situation that can escalate quickly. But it's probably not a situation where we'd send a 1000 nukes Russia's way.

I was thinking the same. With NATO supplying Ukraine with weapons, and Russia losing troops and equipment, at what point does Putin pull back his military and attack Ukrainian cities with tactical nukes? What will the response be if this happens?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ukraine WANTS to be a part of NATO and EU.

In recent talks Russia said they would leave if Ukraine will NOT join either and that they recognize Crimea.

Putin wants control of Ukraine. He does not want another country on his borders that is a member of either.

Ukraine wants free of Putin and wants to be a part of Nato and the EU.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If Russia assumes control of Ukraine, then the western border of Ukraine will be "ringed" by several countries that belong to NATO and the result will be constant melodrama, with one "We're on the verge of conflict" report after another.

Both NATO and Russia will pad the borders with troops and weapons... The US will have to move additional troops there.

And one accidental shooting down of an opponents plane (of course tension will be high every single day) could trigger an all-out world war.

Yeah, that's sounds like a great option to me...
Cold War is better than a hot one. I lived through one Cold War already, if I remember correctly it never became a hot war because there was too much to lose on both sides. Peace now.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ukraine WANTS to be a part of NATO and EU.

In recent talks Russia said they would leave if Ukraine will NOT join either and that they recognize Crimea.

Putin wants control of Ukraine. He does not want another country on his borders that is a member of either.

Ukraine wants free of Putin and wants to be a part of Nato and the EU.
If Ukraine refuses to play ball in these peace talks the world will completely turn its back on Ukraine as soon as the next big story hits the press. Ukraine needs to make peace now or it will only get worse for them.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Ukraine refuses to play ball in these peace talks the world will completely turn its back on Ukraine as soon as the next big story hits the press. Ukraine needs to make peace now or it will only get worse for them.

If Ukraine bows down to Russian...PUTINs, demands they will never have peace or freedom. Nor will ever be allowed to be a member of Nato or the EU.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If Ukraine bows down to Russian...PUTINs, demands they will never have peace or freedom. Nor will ever be allowed to be a member of Nato or the EU.
Well there are some very anger people on their way to Ukraine as we speak. You think War crimes happened yesterday? Wait till you see what happens in the next few weeks. Believe me peace is Ukraine best option now. There won't be a no fly zone and there won't be NATO troops in Ukraine. The fight is over already, but pride is getting in the way of doing what is right. That pride is going to cost them a lot of blood and devastation.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well there are some very anger people on their way to Ukraine as we speak. You think War crimes happened yesterday? Wait till you see what happens in the next few weeks. Believe me peace is Ukraine best option now. There won't be a no fly zone and there won't be NATO troops in Ukraine. The fight is over already, but pride is getting in the way of doing what is right. That pride is going to cost them a lot of blood and devastation.

Glad you were not in charge of the colonies in America when the British were winning the war. Glad you were not in charge of countries in Europe and Russian when the Germans were winning on multiple fronts.
Just give up your freedom and your country because there is no chance to win. Love the defeatist attitude. Nobody said war would be easy and most people know that freedom does not come freely.

This is the last time I will speak about this issue with you as I will not tell the people to bow down to their oppressors just because they might lose a war. I would never deter a free country to try and defend itself and keep it's freedom and frankly I would not want to associate with someone who would.

So you can have the last word on this matter and have a good day.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Glad you were not in charge of the colonies in America when the British were winning the war. Glad you were not in charge of countries in Europe and Russian when the Germans were winning on multiple fronts.
Just give up your freedom and your country because there is no chance to win. Love the defeatist attitude. Nobody said war would be easy and most people know that freedom does not come freely.

This is the last time I will speak about this issue with you as I will not tell the people to bow down to their oppressors just because they might lose a war. I would never deter a free country to try and defend itself and keep it's freedom and frankly I would not want to associate with someone who would.

You being glad won't save Ukraine.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

If he was we would all be talking through our noses with a funny accent.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If he was we would all be talking through our noses with a funny accent.
The west wants Ukraine to win this war with one hand tied behind their backs. If the west was all in then I would back the war but Ukraine can’t win this way. I was hoping you would know this already. It’s ok let’s try another insult.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The west wants Ukraine to win this war with one hand tied behind their backs. If the west was all in then I would back the war but Ukraine can’t win this way. I was hoping you would know this already. It’s ok let’s try another insult.
I know a lot more about war than you think I do but that is personal and I will not share it protest on

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Russian-born billionaire who founded Stolichnaya vodka is changing the brand's name

Stolichnaya vodka is rebranding to go by its nickname "Stoli."

The vodka brand, which has previously been marketed as Russian, changed its name as a "direct response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine," Stoli Group said in its press release on Friday.

The founder of the company, the Russian-born billionaire Yuri Shefler, said the name, and its association with Russia, was no longer representative of the brand.

"While I have been exiled from Russia since 2000 due to my opposition to Putin, I have remained proud of the Stolichnaya brand," Shefler said in the press release. "Today, we have made the decision to rebrand entirely as the name no longer represents our organization. More than anything, I wish for 'Stoli' to represent peace in Europe and solidarity with Ukraine."

https://www.businessinsider.com/sto...stoli-russian-born-billionaire-founder-2022-3

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Kirby was just asked where the tanks from the 40 mile convoy went. His answer was he doesn't know and he doesn't have 100% visibility. That means he knows exactly where it is and he also knows those tanks are coming to do damage. Putin can't keep the cities in Ukraine and Putin knows this, you think Putin is going to let Ukraine keep standing cities if Ukraine won't negotiate and Putin leaves at some point?