Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Bad decision. There are Russian people who protested against this war and are now in jail, you want to tell them they also have to pay now? One man did this and you want bystanders to foot the bill? Russian oligarchs ok, but the common person, we don't know what's in there hearts, how can we ask them to pay when they are also paying with the crash of their economy? Your way will bring about the next war because of the anger they develop towards your choices in the near future.
Why wouldn't they have to pay for their aggression? The rest of the world didn't want this war either, why is it OK for all of us to pay for it and not the country that started it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Putin launches a tactical nuke all bets are off the table.

I have no idea what the response would be.

It wouldn't necessarily be a NATO response. It could just be a country that decides it will respond outside of NATO.

Only problem is I don't see a non-NATO country that would respond in kind. From what I've read, the nuclear countries are below:

Russia
USA
UK
France
China
India
Pakistan
Israel (reportedly)
North Korea

And Iran is trying to build them.

as far as non-NATO goes, only Israel, India, and Pakistan are possibly on the side of the West, however, India and Pakistan buy most of their weaponry from Russia, and Israel is probably too preoccupied with Iran ATM. So, it'd have to be a NATO country that'd respond if a nuclear retaliation is to take place.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Only problem is I don't see a non-NATO country that would respond in kind. From what I've read, the nuclear countries are below:

Russia
USA
UK
France
China
India
Pakistan
Israel (reportedly)
North Korea

And Iran is trying to build them.

as far as non-NATO goes, only Israel, India, and Pakistan are possibly on the side of the West, however, India and Pakistan buy most of their weaponry from Russia, and Israel is probably too preoccupied with Iran ATM. So, it'd have to be a NATO country that'd respond if a nuclear retaliation is to take place.

What would have been helpful would have been if the US would have allowed Ukraine to keep their nukes. Cuz it's a bit late for non-NATO allies like Finland or Sweden to develop nukes ATM.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would have been helpful would have been if the US would have allowed Ukraine to keep their nukes. Cuz it's a bit late for non-NATO allies like Finland or Sweden to develop nukes ATM.

I don't know if allow Ukraine to keep their nukes would have been a great idea either.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Back in the early part of WWII there were bolt-action rifles that fired an anti-armour round that could punch through a relatively thin armour plate.

Of course most armoured vehicles soon became to heavily armoured for these types of weapons to be effective.

How times have changed! Very dangerous for tanks (especially older models that do not have a heavy armour package) to be out in an area without adequate infantry support where the enemy can conceal themselves.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
There's one situation I'm concerned about. That is giving Putin a reason to use a small tactical nuke in Ukraine. What do we do? That's a bad situation that can escalate quickly. But it's probably not a situation where we'd send a 1000 nukes Russia's way.
Ukraine will just fire back with the exact thing they have Russian made nukes

nobody

Reaction score
Bad decision. There are Russian people who protested against this war and are now in jail, you want to tell them they also have to pay now? One man did this and you want bystanders to foot the bill? Russian oligarchs ok, but the common person, we don't know what's in there hearts, how can we ask them to pay when they are also paying with the crash of their economy? Your way will bring about the next war because of the anger they develop towards your choices in the near future.

That is like what happened at the end of WWI that spawned the conditions for WWII

triplets_93

Reaction score
US looking to give 10 Billion to Ukraine? Is it a loan or is it a gift? If the war goes on and on will it followed by another 10 Billion so on and so forth? I think it's time the US rethink it's position on Ukraine. Ukraine may be lost forever, might be time to just let it go.

The Military Govt. Contractors will be Lobbying HARD for this Proxy War to Continue. It's in their best interest, and the best interest of the Stockholders, and the children of the Stockholders, who want nice things.

triplets_93

Reaction score
There's one situation I'm concerned about. That is giving Putin a reason to use a small tactical nuke in Ukraine. What do we do? That's a bad situation that can escalate quickly. But it's probably not a situation where we'd send a 1000 nukes Russia's way.

Correct me, but I don't think that the US has "US Tactical Nukes" as part of our Strategic Planning.

Flamma

Reaction score
Correct me, but I don't think that the US has "US Tactical Nukes" as part of our Strategic Planning.

We supposedly have them on subs and aircraft. I just automatically assumed they were tactical.