Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kirby was just asked where the tanks from the 40 mile convoy went. His answer was he doesn't know and he doesn't have 100% visibility. That means he knows exactly where it is and he also knows those tanks are coming to do damage. Putin can't keep the cities in Ukraine and Putin knows this, you think Putin is going to let Ukraine keep standing cities if Ukraine won't negotiate and Putin leaves at some point?

If Putin does that his economy will be completely destroyed.

And the Russian people won't be too keen on him either.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If Putin does that his economy will be completely destroyed.

And the Russian people won't be too keen on him either.
People said the same thing before Putin invaded. Whatever part of Ukraine that stays in Ukrainian hands i can tell you they will need a new capitol city when the new borders get drawn up because the old capitol will be no more. Maybe a new capitol is exactly what Ukraine needs, i don't know, but we will find out soon enough.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
War is nasty business for anyone directly or indirectly involved. What everyone needs to do is take a long walk, cool down, regroup, and consider before going forward with pent-up emotions, peoples lives are on the line.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Ukraine will still lose no matter what it smells like. Fighting a losing war just for fighting sake is silly and costly. Time for peace.

Interesting Twitter thread from a UK war expert.

His bottom line: Russian logistics have collapsed and probably can’t be corrected in time to win the war in Ukraine. Russia had no idea what it was about to face when it invaded Ukraine.

Dodger12

Reaction score
War is nasty business for anyone directly or indirectly involved. What everyone needs to do is take a long walk, cool down, regroup, and consider before going forward with pent-up emotions, peoples lives are on the line.

I don't think people's opinions on this issue are based on emotions. Yes, our economy is being affected but it was tanking before the war. Our opinions also don't factor into any decision making; we're just analyzing what little we know and see and I firmly believe that this war is not sustainable for either side. Russian soldiers are not defending their land or their independence. Those are strong motivators for the Ukrainians to continue the fight, even against long odds. I'd bet if foreign forces were on US soil, we'd feel the same way.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't think people's opinions on this issue are based on emotions. Yes, our economy is being affected but it was tanking before the war. Our opinions also don't factor into any decision making; we're just analyzing what little we know and see and I firmly believe that this war is not sustainable for either side. Russian soldiers are not defending their land or their independence. Those are strong motivators for the Ukrainians to continue the fight, even against long odds. I'd bet if foreign forces were on US soil, we'd feel the same way.
It's unfair and unrealistic to compare Ukraine with the United States of America. If it wasn't for the US to begin with there wouldn't even be a Ukraine today. I understand there are things inside each and every one of us and we want to fight on, but we must be realistic, it's over, it's time for peace.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still a lot of doubt that Russia has enough military manpower and equipment in order to what Putin is trying to do.

Just a point of comparison...

Putin force numbers less than 200,000 (numbers seem to vary but generally are less than 200K).

Hitler massed over 3,000,000 on border prior to the attack on Ukraine/USSR from the other direction.

Yes, Hitler had a plans that were much more grandiose but still Hitler's force was at least 15X larger that what Putin is trying to do.

And even Hitler had issues maintaining control of Ukraine with a force that size.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
..wow... that is nutballs. Press should now fear for their lives. Russians are biting the wood, and shooting at will.

Has anyone seen BBC footage of Ukraine children lying dead on street? Its....really sad and unbelievable thing to see.
A day or two ago a British SKY news Press car was ambushed by Russians as well, a couple wounded, but luckily not killed. There's video of the ambush, they're screaming "press" as they escape the car, but still getting fired upon.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Of course the happenings with Russia are affecting this...

The average price for a gallon of gasoline in the U.S. hit a new record high of $4.104 on Monday, surpassing the previous record of $4.103 set in 2008 according to data from GasBuddy.

There are calls for the US and others to stop accepting Russian oil and to sanction those who continue to accept Russian oil.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I read
Still a lot of doubt that Russia has enough military manpower and equipment in order to what Putin is trying to do.

Putin force numbers less than 200,000 (numbers seem to vary but generally are less than 200K).

Hitler massed over 3,000,000 on border prior to the attack on Ukraine/USSR from the other direction.

Yes, Hitler had a plans that were much more grandiose but still Hitler's force was at least 15X larger that what Putin is trying to do.

And even Hitler had issues maintaining control of Ukraine with a force that size.
I read reports that the Russians had 150,000 troops and almost 100% are in Ukraine right now and they are struggling mightily. Reports are coming out that Russia is now recruiting Syrian troops to send to Ukraine.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

I don't think Putin ever thought he could take all of Ukraine. I know people probably think that because that sells. Putin wants parts now and maybe all later. The goal here is to make peace, and hope the sanctions rot Russia over time. No or few Ukrainian citizens will be dying in the process.

I really am surprised that you and the other mods here don't see this. I have always respected yours and their opinions but this is more then just simple reactions, we must consider that which is not obvious to the common man regardless of how that might sound without thought.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It's unfair and unrealistic to compare Ukraine with the United States of America. If it wasn't for the US to begin with there wouldn't even be a Ukraine today. I understand there are things inside each and every one of us and we want to fight on, but we must be realistic, it's over, it's time for peace.
Russia is losing Ukraine will defeat them

nobody

Reaction score
I don't think Putin ever thought he could take all of Ukraine. I know people probably think that because that sells. Putin wants parts now and maybe all later. The goal here is to make peace, and hope the sanctions rot Russia over time. No or few Ukrainian citizens will be dying in the process.

I really am surprised that you and the other mods here don't see this. I have always respected yours and their opinions but this is more then just simple reactions, we must consider that which is not obvious to the common man regardless of how that might sound without thought.

Are you Russian? We've seen this dance before. Peace... Putin uses peace and capitulation just to prepare for his next move. If Ukraine wants to fight for their freedom we should not press them to give up like you suggest. You even admitted that he might want all later. There's no might about it. Look at history. Putin will only accept a temporary peace right now if 1) Ukraine surrenders completely and 2) We lift the sanctions. So your hoping the sanctions will rot Russia over time will only guarantee that Russia is hostile and belligerent and likely to remain at are. At the end of WWI the Allies hit Germany will all of the bills and crippled their economy and that led to WWII.

Is the loss of life tragic and unnecessary? Yes it is. Who caused it? Who is at fault? Oh wait, it's Putin and Russia. Those are the guys you suggest that Ukraine surrender half their territory to....just so Russia can consolidate, prepare, and invade the rest later. That's a good plan for Russia. It's a terrible plan for the Ukraine.