Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There has to be a way to deploy a group of elite special forces into Russia to end this clown. He will not stop in Ukraine.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Peace talks done i think.

Now the fighting will get serious. Lets talk what happens from here.

---

Are the Russian forces in the North and East waiting for the force from the south to catch up to Kyiv?

Does Russia want Odessa before Kyiv?

If Russia bypasses Odessa and takes that southern force to Kyiv now, will Ukraine forces attack Russian forces from the rear? If yes, why didn't Ukraine take out the parked column from the north?

If i was in charge of Russian forces i would use any bombs at my disposal to destroy Odessa so their forces won't follow me to Kyiv.

---

If I was Ukraine i would take out the Northern Column now no matter what the cost or consequence. Waiting is suicide.

If i was Ukraine i would physically tow/pull the jets at the polish border into Ukrainian land, hide them somewhere do it at night, each day lost is a day closer to death.

Ukraine and the West need to stop worrying about what if's and just go win this thing. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen, like the Stones say "Let it Bleed"

----

I want peace still, but if all parties involved are all in on winning, well then somebody go win and end this thing soon.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
More good news for Ukraine.

That's awesome news, the Ukrainian army is mopping the floor with the Soviets. This should be over soon. They don't need our help, including that 14 billion Congress is going to send them.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He underestimated his enemy and he underestimated Zelenksy's bravery and resolve.
I think Putin thought he would either kill Zelenskyy or that he would flee to another country and remain in exile.

From what I have heard about Zelenskyy, he wanted to bring the Russians and Ukrainians together before all of this happened and I wonder if that was an existential thread to Putin's plan and vision for Russia.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The existential threat to Putin's plan and vision is more from watching his puppet government in Ukraine replaced with "the West's" puppet government in Ukraine with plenty of help from "the West".

I'm no Putin apologist and every day I hope to hear that he has been taken out of power, one way or the other. However, geo-politics is what it is and there are plenty of actors involved in this tragedy.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The existential threat to Putin's plan and vision is more from watching his puppet government in Ukraine replaced with "the West's" puppet government in Ukraine with plenty of help from "the West".

I'm no Putin apologist and every day I hope to hear that he has been taken out of power, one way or the other. However, geo-politics is what it is and there are plenty of actors involved in this tragedy.
The ironic thing is that Zelenskyy was not a puppet of the West BEFORE Russia invaded.

Now that Russia has invaded, if Ukraine ultimately wins and Zelenskyy remains alive and in power, he will be seriously indebted to the West given all of the military aid he was given by many Western countries.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The ironic thing is that Zelenskyy was not a puppet of the West BEFORE Russia invaded.

Now that Russia has invaded, if Ukraine ultimately wins and Zelenskyy remains alive and in power, he will likely be puppet given all of the military aid he was given by many Western countries.
I don't believe that is true. The semantics of "puppet government" can be debated but the history leading up to the current situation is what it is.

Russia invested heavily in helping pro- Russia, anti-EU, Yanukovych get elected. The west invested heavily in getting him overthrown in 2014 and a pro EU Poroshenko put in place. A story as old as history.

I agree completely that this situation is going to further solidify the Ukrainian govt's ties to the the west, assuming they survive, which I believe they will. The cynic in me can't help but see how a long war that is eventually "won" by Ukraine actually benefits some of the actors in this tragedy.

I believe this war traces directly back to the 2014 revolution and the overthrow of Yanukovych. I believe Putin views this as more preservation of his ideals and the security of his country rather than an ego driven attempt at territorial domination.

I am in no way shape or form trying to justify Putin's actions.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe that is true. The semantics of "puppet government" can be debated but the history leading up to the current situation is what it is.

Russia invested heavily in helping pro- Russia, anti-EU, Yanukovych get elected. The west invested heavily in getting him overthrown in 2014 and a pro EU Poroshenko put in place. A story as old as history.

I agree completely that this situation is going to further solidify the Ukrainian govt's ties to the the west, assuming they survive, which I believe they will. The cynic in me can't help but see how a long war that is eventually "won" by Ukraine actually benefits some of the actors in this tragedy.

I believe this war traces directly back to the 2014 revolution and the overthrow of Yanukovych. I believe Putin views this as more preservation of his ideals and the security of his country rather than an ego driven attempt at territorial domination.

I am in no way shape or form trying to justify Putin's actions.
I do not disagree with Poroshenko likely being a puppet of someone (still debatable given his treason charge), but Zelenskyy was not a puppet before Russia invaded as his main political platform was based on Ukraine not allowing corruption and outside influences to control Ukraine's government.

Now that Russia has invaded though, and the West has given a tremendous amount of aid to Ukraine and Zelenskyy, he is going to be heavily indebted to the West if he ends up surviving and still in power after the war eventually ends. Even beyond the military aid already given, Ukraine is going to need a lot of financial help rebuilding their country eventually.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Making the rounds in Russian social media are a series of videos by Scott Ritter, a former Marine intelligence officer and NATO arms inspector.

The crux of Ritter's videos are claims that there is a strong nationalist movement amongst ethnic Ukrainians is the eastern part of the country. He also claims that acts of atrocities were carried out against ethical Russians in the area.

He also spends quite a bit of airtime focused on why Putin invaded Ukraine and, in his opinion, what it all means.

While (apparently) no fan of Putin or the invasion, he paints a radically different picture of the current events including the capabilities of the Ukrainian army

FULL DISCLOSURE: Ritter has been a harsh critic of US foreign policy since the Iraqi war (in which he served). He was one of the first to claim there were never any WMD in Iraq. Also, he was convicted in the early 2000's of inappropriate contact with a minor.

For these reasons, I haven't posted any links to his material. They're easy to find if you're curious

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Making the rounds in Russian social media are a series of videos by Scott Ritter, a former Marine intelligence officer and NATO arms inspector.

The crux of Ritter's videos are claims that there is a strong nationalist movement amongst ethnic Ukrainians is the eastern part of the country. He also claims that acts of atrocities were carried out against ethical Russians in the area.

He also spends quite a bit of airtime focused on why Putin invaded Ukraine and, in his opinion, what it all means.

While (apparently) no fan of Putin or the invasion, he paints a radically different picture of the current events including the capabilities of the Ukrainian army

Sounds like the guy is talking about the Azov regiment and it's, well, I doubt I will be allowed to say but everyone can look up Azov Regiment and see for themselves. From what I have been able to understand, they are not that large in number but they are a very nasty bunch. They have sort of been the guys who are willing to do the dirty work. Some try to downplay this element in Ukraine but they have a long history there, including fighting on the losing side in WWII.

There is an Oliver Stone documentary, should be able to find it on youtube "Ukraine on Fire" which deep dives into this and morso what brought about the current situation there. It was made back in 2016 but still applies today. It's to be taken with a grain of salt, as all things with this situation, but it will give you a different perspective, the view from the Russian side basically. I recommend watching it just to help judge the situation there.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I post a lot of content that has a pro-Ukraine spin to it...

It doesn't mean Ukraine is going to hurl-back the invading force, but it does mean Ukraine wasn't the "enhanced talent" (to use a pro-wrestling term for a wrestler who loses to everyone) Russia thought they were.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The China news will make it increasingly difficult for Russia to finance their war.

Good stuff on the American Purpose link. Agree with all of it.

And saw the Chinese news coming. If nothing else, they've always proven they're good businessmen.

As the author writes, hoping this war opens their eyes on what will happen to them if they invade Taiwan.

Also like the American Purpose link that mentions this better be a reality check for Taiwan on conscription, and you don't have to be defeatist.

Especially dig his point on the reality check on authoritarians throughout the world and this closing quote:
  1. A Russian defeat will make possible a “new birth of freedom,” and get us out of our funk about the declining state of global democracy. The spirit of 1989 will live on, thanks to a bunch of brave Ukrainians.
:flagwave:

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny bashes ‘insane tsar’ Putin from behind bars

Alexei Navalny, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s loudest foe, has been keeping up a running commentary against the invasion of Ukraine and the man he calls the “insane tsar” — from behind bars in a maximum-security prison.

He has urged his 6.3 million social-media followers to “take to the streets and fight for peace. “You need to go out to anti-war rallies every weekend, even if it seems that everyone has either left or got scared,” he wrote this week. Even if you are alone … you are the backbone of the movement against war and death.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/12/alexei-navalny-bashes-insane-tsar-putin-from-behind-bars/

This can't please Putin, this guy is still somehow able to get video and his comments posted from a Max security Russian prison.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I post a lot of content that has a pro-Ukraine spin to it...

It doesn't mean Ukraine is going to hurl-back the invading force, but it does mean Ukraine wasn't the "enhanced talent" (to use a pro-wrestling term for a wrestler who loses to everyone) Russia thought they were.
No matter how it plays out, Ukraine's fighters have been impressive.