Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Dodger12

Reaction score
I do believe they really are having supply and logistics issues.
At first I thought it was a little propaganda but you are seeing more videos of abandoned russian military vehicles. Videos of Russian Soldiers on the side of the road out of gas, russian ships asking for fuel. A video of some russian soldiers breaking into stores to get food.

Really shocked at such a problem. Smacks of very poor leadership, planning and basic military process.

For instance, when having a long convoy of vehicles that are stationary or parked...they should not be in a single line like that. We would often have to stop for a staging area or to wait for something we would go to a what we called a herringbone formation where you would stagger the vehicles on each side of the road so it would make it a tad harder for possible strikes. Although nothing was cooler than doing that and seeing A-10 flying over doing missions.

I'd bet there's a lot of truth to what we heard early on about the Ukrainians allowing the initial invading force to enter the country and then attaching the logistics/supply lines in the rear. Great military leadership and strategy if that's the case. And I'm still surprised the Russians don't control the skies. I can see knocking down helicopters but the Russians have sustained some serious losses to their air force. Putin couldn't have envisioned this scenario.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If Russia leaves Ukraine there would be peace right away, so as you said, hopefully Russia is working really hard to do that as soon as possible.

They offered their terms, it's the best Zelensky will get, he better accept them and hope for the best.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Ukraine offered theirs. Russia better accept them and hope for the best given how much of the world has turned against them.

He told the Russian Army "Go Home, With your whole Army. Tell your officers that you want to live, that you don't want to die."

He also said met with me and not at a distance....

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
He told the Russian Army "Go Home, With your whole Army. Tell your officers that you want to live, that you don't want to die."

Zelensky's problem is, he's not in a position to dictate anything. He's an actor trying to play tough. Putin is an actual tough guy. I'm pretty sure Putin can kill more of his than he can of Putin's. He needs to quit trying to out tough Putin and accept the terms, they are not unreasonable. He doesn't have Crimea or most of the Donbas as it is, nor NATO membership. He needs to do what he can to stop his people from getting killed.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zelensky's problem is, he's not in a position to dictate anything. He's an actor trying to play tough. Putin is an actual tough guy. I'm pretty sure Putin can kill more of his than he can of Putin's. He needs to quit trying to out tough Putin and accept the terms, they are not unreasonable. He doesn't have Crimea or most of the Donbas as it is, nor NATO membership. He needs to do what he can to stop his people from getting killed.

And that is why Putin is not winning right now. That is the very reason the russians are struggling with supply lines and the Ukraines are not bowing down to him.

He underestimated his enemy and he underestimated Zelenksy's bravery and resolve.

He underestimated the number of sanctions and level of sanctions. I am sure he expected some but not at this number and level. He also underestimated the number of other countries that are willing to send weapons and aid to Ukraine.

He thought he was going to get another crimea situation where he huffs and puffs and throws some big numbers in to scare them away and it is not working.

And as far as your sarcastic line about the russians are coming kill us and take over the world. They did go into Crimea, they are going into Ukraine and they are killing civilians in specific attacks of civilians...so maybe your need to rethink some things. Furthermore, He is the president of a country that Russia is invading, he has every right to dictate what happens on his own countries soil.
And Putins demands are indeed unreasonable and should be a last option capitulation from Ukraine. It is not a free country when someone else dictates what you can and cannot do what you must or must not do.

Lastly, don't ask a question you don't want the answer to.

You asked about what demands and a link. I give you the demands he stated to the Army and you then say he is not in position to dictate anything...So by that logic who gives a rats behind what demands needs to made because Putin will only do what Putin will do and why even bother negotiating.

You are so pro putin that it shines through like the arkenstone from the Hobbit series.

You want to defend what he is doing and think that the only option is to have a president of a country to capitulate to whatever he says and you do it under the guise of peace and life which anyone can see is bull.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just curious. If Ukraine has no chance becoming a member of Nato or the EU, than why is Putin trying to demand that Ukraine does not become a member of Nato? I mean if there is no chance for that to happen, why make that as part of your demands.

Hmmm...

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
You are so pro putin that it shines through like the arkenstone from the Hobbit series.

You want to defend what he is doing and think that the only option is to have a president of a country to capitulate to whatever he says and you do it under the guise of peace and life which anyone can see is bull.

Well, since we are accusing people of having ulterior motives, you seem to want all out war with Russia. You post a link to Poroshenko saying Putin will not stop at Ukraine and never lives up to his word, so that means the only solution is total war and elimination of Putin. That makes you a war mongering neo-con who revels in death. You want the US dragged down into another horrible war.

See, it's easy to just make accusations, it's hard to accept the reality of the situation. Reality is, if Ukraine is kicking Russia's butt like the claims are, then they are doing fine, will soon eliminate the problem and don't need anyone's help. I don't believe that is the case. The Russians haven't taken Kiev, but maybe they don't want to take Kiev. If you notice on the map of ground they have taken, they almost have Ukraine cut off from their ports and it looks like soon they will and the next step will be to take Odessa. Once he has control of the ports Kiev will be screwed.

So, anyway, keep accusing me of being a Putin stooge, that's the thing to do now in political debates, if someone doesn't agree with you call them names.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, since we are accusing people of having ulterior motives, you seem to want all out war with Russia. You post a link to Poroshenko saying Putin will not stop at Ukraine and never lives up to his word, so that means the only solution is total war and elimination of Putin. That makes you a war mongering neo-con who revels in death. You want the US dragged down into another horrible war.

See, it's easy to just make accusations, it's hard to accept the reality of the situation. Reality is, if Ukraine is kicking Russia's butt like the claims are, then they are doing fine, will soon eliminate the problem and don't need anyone's help. I don't believe that is the case. The Russians haven't taken Kiev, but maybe they don't want to take Kiev. If you notice on the map of ground they have taken, they almost have Ukraine cut off from their ports and it looks like soon they will and the next step will be to take Odessa. Once he has control of the ports Kiev will be screwed.

So, anyway, keep accusing me of being a Putin stooge, that's the thing to do now in political debates, if someone doesn't agree with you call them names.

No I do NOT want all out war with Russia. I just want Russia and Putin to leave Ukraine. I have no problem if they take the two sections of Pro Russian Separatists and make them part of Russian again and STAY in that area to DEFEND that area if Ukraine tries to take it from them. Leave the rest of Ukraine alone. Those areas want to be part of Russia and I don't mind that. However Putin has not stopped there and continues to advance throughout Ukraine albeit slowly with much less desired production.

I don't think you are a stooge nor did I call you a stooge or any other disparaging name, However I have said and I do believe you are Pro Putin.

And you can call me a Putin Hater if you wish or Anti Putin if you wish but leave off the political terms like Neo-Con as that is a political trigger for the site.

I only post the Poroshenko clip because he is stating the obvious and history has already shown it to be true. Putin will not stop at Ukraine and/or the two areas of Ukraine. He did not even start there. I am sure somewhere in the past some people with similar views that you seem to have have said...Oh he took over Crimea but he will not bother anyone else. Oops.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think the Ukrainians would rather die than be ruled by Russia or a puppet state. It is like that scene in Rambo 3 when the colonel was being interrogated by the Russian commander and he said," If you would have read your history, these people (Afghan people) would rather die than be ruled by a foreign country. Your fighting a war you can't win. We had our Vietnam. Now you'll have yours."

jnday

Reaction score

You just called the man a warmongering neo-con for saying that the Ukraine should not bow down to Putin’s demands. Russia and the Ukraine are very similar and neither of them are what we could label as the good guys, but the Ukraine should not give in to becoming a puppet for Putin. Giving in to Putin’s demands because of threats for escalating hostilities would only serve give Putin more confidence in his efforts to reform the USSR and control all of the countries that was once controlled by Russia. Russia’s military has been exposed and giving in to Putin now would only lead to more invasions and more pro-Russian puppet governments installed.