Signed by Cowboys Safety George Iloka signed

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't wait for all the "we can now draft clean" articles.

No holes. No glaring needs. We're just seasoning this dish prepared by our Michelin star chefs.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I can't wait for all the "we can now draft clean" articles.

No holes. No glaring needs. We're just seasoning this dish prepared by our Michelin star chefs.

as long as the tickets sell, (believe me, this guys jersey isnt) and the fans gobble it up, its all good.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is the downside to Will McClay. We're at the point now where we can't even draft.

to be fair, drafting a te would be lame. signing witten back was lame enough. totally sells the theory this team is about tickets, not winning. Now they settle, which is fine, but dont get excited fr the season if you expect standards to be higher than "we got a young team, that counts"

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to be fair, drafting a te would be lame. signing witten back was lame enough. totally sells the theory this team is about tickets, not winning. Now they settle, which is fine, but dont get excited fr the season if you expect standards to be higher than "we got a young team, that counts"

Why would drafting a TE, if the value is there, be lame?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
We can't go S because of Iloka.

We can't go DT because of Covington.

We can't go DE because of Hyder.

We're pretty much loaded. It's a nice problem to have.
We signed Deonte Thompson and Allen Hurns in free agency last year.

Did that stop us from drafting Gallup?
We can't go LB because of Lee.

We can't go TE because of Witten.
What? We had Lee last year and signed Joe Thomas in free agency. Did that stop us from drafting LVE and Covington?

In 2017, we signed Nolan Carroll in free agency. Did that stop them from drafting Awuzie and Lewis?

48d54319e156db0566b600ce29f36fb7.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Why would drafting a TE, if the value is there, be lame?

we drafted a hall of fame TE and did nothing with him here, where do yo go after that? get another one to waste? how often do oy come across HoF TEs, even if we sign anyone and we did, what do you think a TE is going to add to this stellar team? should we ignore the other positiosn of need? clearly we are, but asking someone who sets his standards higher? is a te going to be the piece to get us over the hump?

ksadler1

Reaction score
mediocre players, we arent looking for super stars, we want mediocrity get it through your head.

This is shaping up to be a throwaway year. Garrett's pretty much been put on notice. I would have never believed it, but after this FA period I could truly see him gone at the end of the year. He's going to have pretty much the same team, maybe even worse, than last years, and I'd be really surprised to see him even sniff the playoffs again...

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a throwaway year. Garrett's pretty much been put on notice. I would have never believed it, but after this FA period I could truly see him gone at the end of the year. He's going to have pretty much the same team, maybe even worse, than last years, and I'd be really surprised to see him even sniff the playoffs again...

i agree. im not going to bemoan over every aspect, but i feel bad for anyone that resigns or signs with. this FO is just not interested.

Qcard

Reaction score
We signed Deonte Thompson and Allen Hurns in free agency last year.

Did that stop us from drafting Gallup?

What? We had Lee last year and signed Joe Thomas in free agency. Did that stop us from drafting LVE and Covington?

In 2017, we signed Nolan Carroll in free agency. Did that stop them from drafting Awuzie and Lewis?

48d54319e156db0566b600ce29f36fb7.jpg
Agenda Attention disorder.

Great post!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
They really wanted to make sure to get a box safety. Maybe a reactionary move based off the Rams game? If you want to shore up your run defense, this is an additional way to do that apart from addressing DT.

Let's put it this way...I was shocked we didn't claim him off waivers last year. Just think...He could have helped us last year in the playoffs.

D2ZQAAcXcAEuF0w.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very good signing.
But yet another one year deal.
What is up with all these one year deals.

We will have around 30 FA’s come next year.
What is the FO really,doing here.