San Francisco goes for its sixth Lombardi trophy again

75boyz

Reaction score
Some can appreciate and respect another team's post season success as compared to their own team's lack thereof.
Some can't.
Usually depends on the maturity level of the individual.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yea. That's what pisses me off more then anything. The Whiners with their sorrybutt quarterback are in the Super Bowl-once again- before us:facepalm: One word!!! "PATHETIC"!

kwcool619

Reaction score
Campbell called a great game and had the 9ers on the ropes! It wasn't his fault that his receivers got a case of the nerves in the 2nd half and cost Detroit the game with those VERY catchable dropped passes.
Playoff inexperience. Newbie nerves.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
If Mahomes plays like he did today there isn’t a team on the planet that beats KC.
The chiefs defense is the reason they won that game. Mahomes and the offense scored 3 points the last 40 minutes of the game. He misses several throws late that were pretty easy.

But like he always does, when they needed a play to win the game, mahomes made it.

I don't think the chiefs defense gets enough credit though. They didn't allow a single team to score more than 7 points in the second half all year.

Baltimore was on a tear to finish the season. They scored 34 against Houston, 56 against Miami, and 33 against the niners. KC held them to 3 points over the last 3 quarters of that game. And KCs offense did them no favors on the 2nd half with multiple 3 and outs.

If mahomes puts up 17 points in the Superbowl, the niners will be Superbowl champions

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some can appreciate and respect another team's post season success as compared to their own team's lack thereof.
Some can't.
Usually depends on the maturity level of the individual.
Be nice. It is not necessarily the degree of self-maturity but rather a lesser held regard for other NFL franchises' achievements.

I can understand that sentiment somewhat. Washington won two Super Bowls during player strike seasons. I have always put asterisks beside them, lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope they holler out, "how about them 49'er". Then all the players do the choke sign and laugh.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
In my opinion they've been outplayed by the last 2 teams. I don't know what that means for the Super Bowl other than they must have a horseshoe up there butts.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Who cares?

This thread reminds me of those lame 1972 dolphins players that get on TV and sip champagne every time some 12-0 or 13-0 team finally loses.

Nobody cares what those old wrinkly geriatrics did over 50 years ago....and nobody cares what we did 30 years ago.

As much as I hate them....SF is making their own legacy for THIS generation.

Besides....this is a lose-lose for you guys that live in the past and hold onto accomplishments from 30 years ago: either SF breaks the tie, OR KC wins and then they move 1 championship win behind us, with 10 more years of Patrick Mahomes looming in the future.

Win or lose, the Chiefs will hit 6 championships before Mahomes hangs em up.

Eagles have 4 titles...they are right on our heels too. We're just stalled out in the mud...getting lapped by everyone.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I'll be pulling for the Chiefs. Thing is, I use to not care about Taylor Swift. Now I can't stand her.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
the two 4th down plays were silly though, and those 6 points cost them big.
First one was a 10 point swing.

They had some bad drops but as a coach you gotta put some bravado aside and just play it safe
After I made this post I realized that Campbell has to be held accountable because when it's said and done, he's the boss and the boss should have gone for those two FGs which would have given his team their first trip to a SB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Can they break their Super Bowl drought that is 1 year longer than the Cowboys?
that is for a SB win, SF has been to 2 SB's and lost this is 3rd time, while cowboys cant get past div round.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
After sleeping on it, I hope they get it. The Niners actually try to win titles. That they've gone one year longer than Dallas is not a testament to how each team operates, and I'm tired of some fans acting like that's sort of badge of honor for the Jones boys.

Go Niners.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Would have been nice to see someone different in the SB for a change e.g. Detroit. Teams getting there multiple times in a short number of years gets boring after a while.......unless its the Cowboys.
SF is new, but KC and mahomes, he wants to go every year, and win it lol.
It looks like he might just get to SB every year, he has the drive to win, other teams lack it,.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I am not in the camp of "Oh no! Those teams will pass us". Our owner had almost three decades to remedy the current situation, and chose NOT to. Jerald Wayne Jones is simply out for himself. It sad that the fans are getting the short end of things.
There are 31 other teams to be a fan of if being a Cowboys fan is less than satisfying. Some people act like they have no choice.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I feel ya, @DallasEast . Have a feeling most of the people giving pushback are too young to remember when this was a meaningful record. Seems like at one time Cowboys fans were highly proud to see the 90's Boys vault us back to the top on this. I know it was one of my proudest team records as a fan, even though we ended up tying with San Francisco. Then watched the damn Steelers, then the Patriots out of nowhere, and now looks like our original tie-brother the Niners also has a chance to beat us.

The legacy keeps shrinking. Soon we'll see the Packers, Broncos, Giants and maybe even the freaking Chiefs pass us.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Can the Chiefs prevent the 49ers from breaking the five-Super Bowl win tie with the Cowboys like they did four years ago?

Stay tuned.
Don't care. This organization has been dysfunctional for over a quarter century. It's inevitable that other teams will pass us by. We can't count on other teams (like the Chiefs or whoever) to bail us out, keeping us at the front historically. Teams like the Chiefs and the 49ers have earned their places at the top of their conferences. I want the Cowboys to earn their place back at the top by making fundamental changes, but I'm not holding my breath for that. We the fans are not responsible for playing these games. When this team disappoints us, it's not our fault. We don't own the team; we don't coach it; and we don't play in the games. I do hope the Cowboys will get their act together, but if they don't, and if other teams pass us up in number of Lombardis, it's not like there's anything you or I could do about it. All we can do is withhold financial support. I've been doing that for some 20 years now, but it's not like Jerry saw that and was like, "This Rev Conehead dude hasn't bought a jersey since 2001. I'd better retire and hire a GM." In short, I'm not going to commit hari kari over stuff I can't control.