San Francisco goes for its sixth Lombardi trophy again

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nothing wrong with what Dan did in the second half, SF had the ball five times and scored on every drive, Dan knew his defense couldn't hold up in the second half, the defense let them down in the second half.
He could have gone with the field goal.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
When Dallas won Super Bowl XXX, they became the premier franchise in league history. Tied the 9ers and Steelers for SB wins and led the league in SB appearances.

Since then, the Steelers, 9ers and Patriots have all passed us. I’d argue teams like the Chiefs, Packers and Giants are easily on par with us despite fewer championships. If you only count the 21st century, the Cowboys are a bottom 5 team in terms of legacy achievements.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can the Chiefs prevent the 49ers from breaking the five-Super Bowl win tie with the Cowboys like they did four years ago?

Stay tuned.
so??? It literally been since 1994 for them to win I mean people wanna talk about 28 years I realize they've had more opportunities I get it I don't need to be reminded but yes I'm pulling for the chiefs for sure but after all these decades that we complain about there are a lot of teams that still waiting to overtake us I mean if it's just about lombardis and titles then yeah the 49ers have been waiting longer than we have our last one was in 96 do the math...

As much as I was pulling for the lions to win I couldn't do it because of their mouth they ran their mouth after that game as if they got robbed from us so I wasn't pulling for anyone cause I figure the Kansas City Chiefs will take care of whoever ended up in there.. The fact that the 49ers could fall early that big a halftime deficit you're not gonna do that against the chiefs to make a comeback not from what I've seen... Their defense only gave up ten points two allegedly the MVP candidate... So they're coming in here with a really good defense and looks like the run game has found itself and and the best bar none with a gap quarterback in the NFL and Patrick mahomes anybody wants to argue that just needs to look at what he's been working with doing great things with less talent...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why is this a topic? Who cares. Take this crap elsewhere. They aren't winning anyway. Mahomes/Reid ain't giving them all the gifts they've gotten so far.
Yeah I don't know why we need to talk about other teams in order to rip our own that is a sideways swipe at our organization I mean how many we had since the Green Bay game now it's 24/7 365 rip your team on your team site... I'm just as disappointed as anyone especially the way we lost but it's still a loss we still not one of the final two teams and neither is 30 other teams right now watching from home... But I for sure get tired of hearing about how great the Eagles were last year or the beginning of this year have to hear about how the 49ers are doing this and that look let's just stick to the Cowboys let's talk about hopefully how we can improve this team over the next season or two....

blueblood70

Reaction score
When Dallas won Super Bowl XXX, they became the premier franchise in league history. Tied the 9ers and Steelers for SB wins and led the league in SB appearances.

Since then, the Steelers, 9ers and Patriots have all passed us. I’d argue teams like the Chiefs, Packers and Giants are easily on par with us despite fewer championships. If you only count the 21st century, the Cowboys are a bottom 5 team in terms of legacy achievements.
Still the Cowboys are in the top five all time and I don't care you can't take away legacy the word itself by definition keeps us historically as one of the top franchises in the NFL and don't act like we dropped off a Cliff in win percentage and playoff win percentage because we are right there. I get it we're disappointed with the lack of a deep playoff run I am as disappointed and upset at it but we still are winning games we still are in the playoffs on a regular basis that's important we are not the teams who have been bottom 5. Or bottom 10 or even middle of the pack this place calls us average there's no average when at 16 is average we are still top 10 in almost every category except for playoff wins but playoff appearances win percentage and overall win percentage we still have not dropped out of the top two I believe all these decades of allegedly being bad in the playoffs and we're still right there with the best teams it's because it is that hard to win consistently in the playoffs and get to the big games....

Like I said I understand the disappointment but the hate the constant saying how we're slipping legacy wise no it stays written in history we are America's team because we're still relevant enough that the league sees to make a point that we see more prime time games that were put in the best slots and unfortunately are under a microscope like no other team we're talking about in every social media aspect we're talked about in every single way shape or form to as a lead in for people to watch ESPN or game whether they hate us or love us the Cowboys are still relevant whether you like it or not yes we need to get further in the playoffs I get it but we have not become the Browns or The Jets or the bottom 16 teams in this league we are still top ten no matter how you slice it...

Creeper

Reaction score
After watching the Chiefs make Baltimore ook ordinary yesterday, I have to believe they will do the same to the 49ers. I thought the Ravens would man-handle any NFC team they faced but they couldn't get past the Chiefs defense so I have to say I think the Chiefs will win.

However, the 49ers are unique on offense. Their ability to make big plays is something to watch. They have 4 legitimate weapons and stopping them all is really hard. The thing is about the 49ers, 3 of their 4 offensive stars are all really tough runners with the ball in their hands. None of them goes down easy. It is not just about having defenders on them, if is about tackling them before they get going.

The Lions showed something yesterday I thought was a weakness on the 49ers. You can't run the ball outside on them unless you get the ball outside quickly. You can run end arounds and things like that but you can pitch the ball outside to the RBs, if you have a fast RB, and beat their pursuit. If you get past the two LBs, you can get some big plays. Detroit had 182 yards rushing against the 49ers. That's impressive.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry will do something of our rival wins one
It's never happening, man. Every year, many people say exactly what you say. "Well maybe this is finally the year Jerry changes his ways". Nope. Jerry is Jerry and nothing will change. This is now the Niners 3rd Super Bowl with 3 different QBs. Eagles went to 3 and won 1. Giants won 2. Houston Texans have more playoff success in their existence than we do in their time frame.

rambo2

Reaction score
Congrats to two great QBs Mahomes and Purdy. They did enough to win games for their team. I don't want to hear about they had a defense or they had a running game. Those QBs made big-time throws under pressure!
I liked that big time throw by Purdy off the head of a Lion. I've never seen a bank shot like that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The determining factor, whether any CowboysZone member cares a tiny, teeny-weeny, itty-bitty bit about any topic, is discovering their post associated with any thread title, they could not care less about, and reading that they could not care less about its topic.

Multiple I could not care less posts, within said thread, emphasizes their could not care less feeling to an even more microscopic level.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If SF gets their 6th, then good for them

Dallas should have competed for a 6th some time this century if they wanted to call this a competition anyway

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If SF gets their 6th, then good for them

Dallas should have competed for a 6th some time this century if they wanted to call this a competition anyway
It is not a competition unless the actual competition is between the unrestricted desire to win championships and the utter refusal to do whatever it takes to win championships.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I liked that big time throw by Purdy off the head of a Lion. I've never seen a bank shot like that.
Well that's what happens when you pull the trigger and give your player a shot to get the ball. I know somebody that just won't let go of the ball in big games and would of taken a sack.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
you wouldve thought dan wouldve learned from that dallas game lol, blew them a trip to a sb
Campbell called a great game and had the 9ers on the ropes! It wasn't his fault that his receivers got a case of the nerves in the 2nd half and cost Detroit the game with those VERY catchable dropped passes.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Campbell called a great game and had the 9ers on the ropes! It wasn't his fault that his receivers got a case of the nerves in the 2nd half and cost Detroit the game with those VERY catchable dropped passes.
the two 4th down plays were silly though, and those 6 points cost them big.
First one was a 10 point swing.

They had some bad drops but as a coach you gotta put some bravado aside and just play it safe