Sayings You Were Raised Around

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its an old Irish saying from the early 1800s. In rural areas there was always a black metal pot of stew or something similar simmering on a turf fire/stove accompanied by a black metal teapot brewing tea. It has similar sentiment to the old biblical saying re: he who is without sin can cast the first stone....
Good to know, thanks!...but it still sounds racist. :laugh:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
  • If you feel froggie, jump!
  • SLUG BUG! ~ First person to see a VW bug, gets to slug someone while shouting SLUG BUG!
  • POPEYE! ~ First person to see a car with a single headlight working, you punch someone while yelling POPEYE! (yeah, there was a lot of punching in my family!)
  • Skid marks ~ bleep stains in your underwear!
  • Baking bread. ~ You need to take a crap
  • Drop a load ~ See above (actually, it has two meanings, but we will stick with the one noted) :D
  • Pinch a loaf ~ Again, see above except the action of getting the bread out of the oven!
  • Drain the main vain ~ Take a leak.
  • MOLDED! ~ Basically when something bad happens to you and your brother, sister, friend yells MOLDED at you. (this was mainly from when I lived in California)
  • ROOTED! ~ Same as above, but came out of Oklahoma.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • SLUG BUG! ~ First person to see a VW bug, gets to slug someone while shouting SLUG BUG!
  • POPEYE! ~ First person to see a car with a single headlight working, you punch someone while yelling POPEYE! (yeah, there was a lot of punching in my family!)
  • Drop a load ~ See above (actually, it has two meanings, but we will stick with the one noted) :D
  • Pinch a loaf ~ Again, see above except the action of getting the bread out of the oven!
  • MOLDED! ~ Basically when something bad happens to you and your brother, sister, friend yells MOLDED at you. (this was mainly from when I lived in California)
This explains a lot about you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
This explains a lot about you.

Volkswagen_Beetle_.jpg

batman-pow.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, back in the day black pots and kettles were common. (hell burn marks when they were used directly over fire)

It had nothing to do with race, it was about a hypocrite pointing out your error when he/she does the exact same thing.
That was a much used saying by everybody. Not only were they common but cast iron was dominant in the kitchens.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nah, back in the day black pots and kettles were common. (hell burn marks when they were used directly over fire)

It had nothing to do with race, it was about a hypocrite pointing out your error when he/she does the exact same thing.
Right, but it's the intimation that being black is a bad thing that makes it seem racist to me.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dropping some swimmers off at the pool!!!

DanteEXT

Reaction score
And if a bull frog had wings he wouldn't hit his *** when he jumped

Wish in one hand, crap in the other, see which one gets filled up first (he didn't say crap though)

Hell (insert name here), Stevie Wonder could see that. (Sometimes changed out with Ray Charles)

Probably more I can't remember. My dad also used the witch's tit and well diggers arse mentioned by others a lot