News: Scandrick engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I stated there are zero relevant differences. You may wish to expound upon what you believe is relevant. As such, let's look at differences:
  • Age. Each couple are varying ages that are irrelevant to their respective engagements.
  • Income. Stated earlier. Irrelevant.
  • Career. Each individual within each couple have relatively stable careers at the moment. Irrelevant.
  • Security. No individual discussed has faulty or unstable financial investments to be best of my recollection. Irrelevant
  • Orientation. Heterosexual individuals. Male married/shall marry their opposite sex. Irrelevant.
  • Influences. No individual has attracted negative external influences which has inflicted permanent negative scars on their future outlooks. Irrelevant.
  • Mindset. All appear successfully goal oriented. Irrelevant.
  • Innuendo. Irrelevant.
  • Sex. Irrelevant.
  • Faith. Irrelevant.
  • Race. Irrelevant.
  • Color. Irrelevant.
  • Health. Irrelevant.

I'm sorry. I didn't know I was supposed to submit my doctoral dissertation on the relevant differences between Romo's engagement and Scandrick's. :laugh:

Again, we're merely having a discussion. We're offering reasons why we don't think it was wise for him (Scandrick) to do such, i.e., buy this woman a $400,000 ring. I didn't think my or anyone's opinion necessitated a statistical study on the likelihood of a couple getting divorced if one or both partners were in a previous marriage that ended in divorce.

It aint that deep for me. :)
To quote John Wayne in Big Jake:

Not hardly.

Sorry, not familiar with the reference.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry. I didn't know I was supposed to submit my doctoral dissertation on the relevant differences between Romo's engagement and Scandrick's. :laugh:

Again, we're merely having a discussion. We're offering reasons why we don't think it was wise for him (Scandrick) to do such, i.e., buy this woman a $400,000 ring. I didn't think my or anyone's opinion necessitated a statistical study on the likelihood of a couple getting divorced if one or both partners were in a previous marriage that ended in divorce.

It aint that deep for me. :)
The reasons are irrelevant. Scandrick purchasing a $400,000 ring is equivalent to Romo purchasing a $500,000 ring unless it is somehow unwise for both men to have done so despite both men can afford the purchases and the purchases have no negative consequences on their current financial status or past/present engagement plans.

Even so, these reasons (and others) matter enough personally that they have been posted within this thread. It would help if others could understand why these same reasons are significant for Scandrick and Draya but not for Romo and Candice--two engagements with zero relevant differences between the two of them. It's not complicated (e.g. not deep).
Sorry, not familiar with the reference.
Short version: Bad guy Richard Boone kidnaps John Wayne's grandson. John Wayne rescues his grandson and fatally wounds Boone in the process. Boone's dying breath is the statement to Wayne, "I thought you were dead." Wayne replies, "Not hardly." Boone falls dead.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both Romo and Scandrick spent too much for engagement rings. That's their business. However, I don't think we can we can say that Romo doing so is any less foolish than Scandrick which seems to be what everyone is implying. The insinuation is that Candice is "better" than Draya. Without knowing either woman, how can anyone truly make that claim? Both men chose to lavish the women they love with extremely expensive symbols of their unions. Time will tell for both couples. I wish them well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both Romo and Scandrick spent too much for engagement rings. That's their business. However, I don't think we can we can say that Romo doing so is any less foolish than Scandrick which seems to be what everyone is implying. The insinuation is that Candice is "better" than Draya. Without knowing either woman, how can anyone truly make that claim? Both men chose to lavish the women they love with extremely expensive symbols of their unions. Time will tell for both couples. I wish them well.
You're making it easier for folks to avoid or deny stating the obvious. Thanks. :(

Just kidding. :)

chris1995

Reaction score

Way too much !!!

chris1995

Reaction score
Why must a separate thread be created? The thread is about Scandrick and Draya's engagement. The ring symbolizes their engagement. Even so, members are discussing negative perceptions conceived about the Scandrick's and Draya engagement. Why can't a similar engagement involving another team member be introduced into a discussion about this engagement? Perhaps members perceived Romo and Candice's engagement in a similar light. Perhaps they did not. The only way to find out is to ask. It's just my opinion but I doubt it is necessary to create multiple threads about a topic that's essentially the same.

Yeah, we don't need a different thread for every little thing.

chris1995

Reaction score
I stated there are zero relevant differences. You may wish to expound upon what you believe is relevant. As such, let's look at differences:
  • Age. Each couple are varying ages that are irrelevant to their respective engagements.
  • Income. Stated earlier. Irrelevant.
  • Career. Each individual within each couple have relatively stable careers at the moment. Irrelevant.
  • Security. No individual discussed has faulty or unstable financial investments to be best of my recollection. Irrelevant
  • Orientation. Heterosexual individuals. Male married/shall marry their opposite sex. Irrelevant.
  • Influences. No individual has attracted negative external influences which has inflicted permanent negative scars on their future outlooks. Irrelevant.
  • Mindset. All appear successfully goal oriented. Irrelevant.
  • Innuendo. Irrelevant.
  • Sex. Irrelevant.
  • Faith. Irrelevant.
  • Race. Irrelevant.
  • Color. Irrelevant.
  • Health. Irrelevant.
Etc.
You are correct. You are not required to speak about anything being discussed within this thread or any other thread.
To quote John Wayne in Big Jake:

Not hardly.

Great breakdown !

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't care how much money someone has, but spending that kind of money on a ring is idiotic. Now, if Jessica Alba wanted it.......if would be road-runnering it straight to Zales :laugh:

Reaction score
Guess if they get hard up they can go to the pawn shop.

or Scandrick can run back to Jerry wanting another contract.....weddings are expensive these days. $400K engagement ring = what, $3M wedding?

I feel like some house wife blabbing about the latest Dr. Phil or Oprah episode!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.