News: Scandrick engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Both Romo and Scandrick spent too much for engagement rings. That's their business. However, I don't think we can we can say that Romo doing so is any less foolish than Scandrick which seems to be what everyone is implying. The insinuation is that Candice is "better" than Draya. Without knowing either woman, how can anyone truly make that claim? Both men chose to lavish the women they love with extremely expensive symbols of their unions. Time will tell for both couples. I wish them well.

I don't think the situations are the same between Candice and Draya and like you say, one woman might not be better than the other, but the life styles of each woman is different. Candice I think was a journalist and Draya is On TV and had broken up with other rich athletes so I hear, so the stability of each woman is in question.

Romo kicked Jessica Simpson aside as well as Carrie Underwood who are really famous and lived a lifestyle that Romo did not want to be involved in. Scandrick has just now put himself in a situation with a woman that does not seem as stable in her adventures as Candice was. That is a big difference in a stable relationship and Romo's relationship has evolved into marriage and two wonderful kids. If Scandrick and Draya do the same, good for them, but the chances for that are up in the air because of their past history together.

Good luck for Scandrick because Romo's luck seems to be going good so far.

But, how in the hell can Romo or Scandrick feed their family on that kind of money? Well, that's what I hear from rich athletes wanting mo money so they can FEED their family.

jnday

Reaction score
Why set the number at 2k? Why not just a copper band to signify your love? Also why buy a huge house? Why not one just big enough for your planned family? Also why buy a nice car? Why not just get a reliable sedan?

Some people like nice things and like purchasing nice things for their loved ones.

Who are you to judge?

I will be the one judging when he is broke.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The reasons are irrelevant. Scandrick purchasing a $400,000 ring is equivalent to Romo purchasing a $500,000 ring unless it is somehow unwise for both men to have done so despite both men can afford the purchases and the purchases have no negative consequences on their current financial status or past/present engagement plans.

You've just defined the perimeters in which you judge something to be irrelevant.
However, your perimeters are limited. It IS relevant if ...
1.) One makes a more substantial amount of money than another
2.) The woman has been married before (enter statists of divorced people being more likely to divorce than those who haven't)
3.) The woman has marketed herself as a "gold digger" by appearing on reality television shows catering to the opulent lifestyles of the wives of professional athletes.

And that is why we are commenting on this issue. Again, this isn't a doctoral dissertation thread where we must justify our response. We are responding based on our observations as it relates to our experience. Thus, it is relevant. You may not think so, and that's fine. But the response and the length of this thread say otherwise. :)

Even so, these reasons (and others) matter enough personally that they have been posted within this thread. It would help if others could understand why these same reasons are significant for Scandrick and Draya but not for Romo and Candice--two engagements with zero relevant differences between the two of them. It's not complicated (e.g. not deep).

And you can post them. We just don't have to discuss them. I don't think they are relevant because the two situations are different. You don't. And around we go. :)

Short version: Bad guy Richard Boone kidnaps John Wayne's grandson. John Wayne rescues his grandson and fatally wounds Boone in the process. Boone's dying breath is the statement to Wayne, "I thought you were dead." Wayne replies, "Not hardly." Boone falls dead.

Thanks. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
and it is my right to tell you your opinion is ******** and that you should not care how he spends his money.

And it's my right to ignore you and continue on discussing this topic. But, remember, you're the one complaining us judging, and yet you're doing it yourself.

Physician, heal thyself. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However, your perimeters are limited. It IS relevant if ...
1.) One makes a more substantial amount of money than another
2.) The woman has been married before (enter statists of divorced people being more likely to divorce than those who haven't)
3.) The woman has marketed herself as a "gold digger" by appearing on reality television shows catering to the opulent lifestyles of the wives of professional athletes
@Boyzmamacita, my earlier reply to you was premature. I was wrong. My apologies. :)

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think the situations are the same between Candice and Draya and like you say, one woman might not be better than the other, but the life styles of each woman is different. Candice I think was a journalist and Draya is On TV and had broken up with other rich athletes so I hear, so the stability of each woman is in question.

This is the reason why many people felt the need to chime in. That and the fact that Scandrick just asked for more money from the Cowboys.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
And it's my right to ignore you and continue on discussing this topic. But, remember, you're the one complaining us judging, and yet you're doing it yourself.

Physician, heal thyself. ;)

Good, please ignore me, make us both happy. If he wants to spend his money on ring, it is none of my business.

jnday

Reaction score
You sound giddy at the prospect of judging someone's future misfortune. A misfortune that isn't assured.

That's not a good look sir.

I wish him the best, but expect the worst considering the circumstances.ni don't think I have ever been giddy in my life. Bad assumption.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I wish him the best, but expect the worst considering the circumstances.ni don't think I have ever been giddy in my life. Bad assumption.

What circumstances make you assume the worst? Anything logical?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Orlando Scandrick & Draya
Flossin' $400k Engagement Ring
6/22/2015 6:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE
0622-draya-ring-swipe-01-1200x630.jpg

Here it is ... the $400,000 engagement ring Dallas Cowboys star Orlando Scandrick gave to Draya Michele ... 7-carats strong!

Boom!

As we previously reported, Scandrick popped the question to the "Basketball Wives L.A." star ... roughly one month after they broke up -- using one hell of an olive branch.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/22/orlan...e-flossin-400k-engagement-ring/#ixzz3dnx7qhwg

Awww, that's nice, I hope he can cover the costs of all the wedding expenses. Mozel tov!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I learn more about the people posting in this thread than I do about OScan and his fiancee.

I wonder how many people think that judging someone on the basis of reality TV watch wrestling. There is nothing wrong with financial restraint but the puritan act is really boring.

He is set to make at least $4m in salary for each of the next 4 years. The average American doesn't come close to that in a lifetime. Her TV work pays well I am sure. The cliche is 'walk a mile in their shoes.' It is not 'pretend my circumstance and experience is comparable.'

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Good, please ignore me, make us both happy. If he wants to spend his money on ring, it is none of my business.

You've already told us that. But that's not your beef. Your beef is that we have an opinion on it. If you don't like that we weigh in on this topic, take your own advice and ignore us. :D

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You've already told us that. But that's not your beef. Your beef is that we have an opinion on it. If you don't like that we weigh in on this topic, take your own advice and ignore us. :D

There is a difference between calling someone out directly as he is doing and what you are doing. You are trying to say that it is the same but it is not.

I did enjoy you judging his fiancee on the basis of her character on a reality TV show. Have you even watched the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.