Scandrick on Cowherd: Garrett is the most underrated coach in NFL

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I keep reading peeps saying that, but he himself says he doesn't really want that last paycheck and may be leaning towards retirement in the vid.

Edit: It wasn't in that vid, it was the interview on First Take with Skip and that other guy that yells a lot.

My bad bro.

I think it was in the vid too. He was asked about playing, and deflected toward announcing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His reasoning was cute. Nothing about xs and os. Hes a great leader. We already know that.

I noticed that too.

Consistent with the consensus view. Manages the team pretty well, but is a liability on gameday.

Still, off the field, non-gameday management is not nothing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There should be a coach version of Gruden's QB school and they should bring Garret in to discuss scheming just so we can see how truly inept he is.

Romo should do his own QB school in the offseason.

He says he "got it figured out" mid 2013. Let's see if he can teach it. Show us the magic.

Good synergy with his career as an announcer, getting a lot of coaching and personal time with young QBs.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Romo should do his own QB school in the offseason.

He says he "got it figured out" mid 2013. Let's see if he can teach it. Show us the magic.

Good synergy with his career as an announcer, getting a lot of coaching and personal time with young QBs.
Probably would rather golf.
Or be with the family! There's that too.

GenoT

Reaction score
Furthermore....Pro Football Reference shows his Commander number....#26....LOL.
FYI: for the 2018 REGULAR SEASON Washington’s #26 was worn (and still is) by Adrian Peterson. If Scandrick was ever assigned that number, it was in the preseason.

DanA

Reaction score
Does anyone see this as anything other than Orlando Scandrick angling for a media job with the Cowboys?

conner01

Reaction score
I thought he presented himself very well. Cool, calm, and collected.

But I will say this, he said he realizes that his on-field days are likely over and that he wanted to explore TV. After his comments today, he needs to stick to that, because I don;t think any teams will now look to bring in someone who will talk freely about their locker room afterward. I think he crossed a bit of a line that he won't be able to 'uncross', so he's likely committed to broadcasting now.
That may be his future
There are many I never understood how they got hired in the first place

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There should be a coach version of Gruden's QB school and they should bring Garret in to discuss scheming just so we can see how truly inept he is.

Thats actually a great idea.

But Garrett is a master at deflection.

He will say scheme is not important. Process is.

Here is my process, yaddah, yaddah.....

Scotman

Reaction score
How was his relationship with Jerry?

"It was fantastic. I didn't get to speak to him directly." Badum-tsh

When Cowherd elaborated on his reasons behind saying Wentz looks like a better talent, emphasis added-

"I think Dak's got all of that but the offensive scheme kinda held him back at the beginning. I think they brought him along slow. Great offensive line. Great running game. They relied on playaction a lot. Now let's move forward. Last weekend they did pretty much whatever they wanted to."

For those saying the above is some sort of contradiction about his praise for Garrett, that sounds more like what we've seen since the beginning, the offense had been simplified for Dak. Now they're doing whatever they want- reflecting on Dak progressing, no?
That s exactly how I took it. Keep things simple with a young QB and relied on other strengths. As Dak has progressed, the playbook has opened. Sounds like it's wide open now.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Ok Scandy you can come on over just a few more days throwing shade at Philly and a vet min team friendly. Richard has a seat right next to Lewis!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The offseason is long. QB camp would be a month, maybe two?

It's a good thing for his career if he can deliver on it.
I don't think he needs to do anything more to further his career.
He might just be happy doing what he now does and he gets paid quite well to do it.