Scandrick screwed himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I believe this is the first time I've seen someone say that player has negotiated themselves out of a position by signing a contract.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't see how he screwed himself. If those $3m figures are 'screwing himself' then what does it make the $1.5m he was already scheduled to get? He is not going to have to ever play for a hair over the vet minimum again and he got a little bit more guaranteed money. It's not like he has ever 'stolen money' and he has been playing under a team friendly contract the whole time including now. I think 32 is getting a raw deal from the Spags and Broaddus.

I think Mickey (and myself for listening to him) might have been a bit dumb here.

I think what the case is, is that he didn't get guaranteed money for the duration of his career, and that the base salaries for the last 3 years are not guaranteed. That isn't the same thing as losing guaranteed money or converting guaranteed money up front.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think Mickey (and myself for listening to him) might have been a bit dumb here.

I think what the case is, is that he didn't get guaranteed money for the duration of his career, and that the base salaries for the last 3 years are not guaranteed. That isn't the same thing as losing guaranteed money or converting guaranteed money up front.

That's what happens when you pawn off someone else's flawed premise as your own. Maybe this is your wakeup call to stop posting 5 threads a day, especially when they aren't even your own original thoughts. Quality > Quantity.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
That's what happens when you pawn off someone else's flawed premise as your own. Maybe this is your wakeup call to stop posting 5 threads a day, especially when they aren't even your own original thoughts. Quality > Quantity.

Pawned off? When you hear news you don't discuss it?

You're obsession with me was interesting at first, but it has now fallen into the ridiculous.

If you don't like my threads you don't need to keep posting in them. You and xwalker don't need to keep bumping them.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Pawned off? When you hear news you don't discuss it?

You're obsession with me was interesting at first, but it has now fallen into the ridiculous.

If you don't like my threads you don't need to keep posting in them. You and xwalker don't need to keep bumping them.
everyone has to have a hobby.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I keep hearing people say this, but Scandrick isn't a particularly great corner. Relative to Carr's underperforming play and Claiborne's.... sure... maybe... but he isn't a top corner in this league, and certainly not a true #1 corner.

Yea ok if you say so.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Do you have a pet peeve against our corners?

Scandrick isn't going anywhere, he'll probably be let go in 3 years when his decline is evident.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Sure, but I don't blatantly steal someone else's idea and post it as my own. Funny, you never mentioned Spags until I called you on it.

It wasn't an original idea...Perhaps you didn't go to school, but you should learn when citation is needed and when it isn't.

I expect everyone on this forum to have already seen talkin cowboys and the lunch break and have read anything from the dallascowboys.com main page.

Also I don't recall Spagnola discussing drafting a corner high next year (correct me if I'm wrong).

You're grasping at straws, and it IS pathetic.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

From what I read, OScan had no guaranteed money left and was set to earn only 1.5m this year. That is why he wanted a new deal.

He got 9.5m in new money including a 3m signing bonus that bumps up his pay to 4.5m and a 2m bump for next year, going from 3m to 5m.

The last 5m was not guaranteed and extended his deal to 2019 to prorate the signing bonus.

His cap hit would only rise by 600k this year.

it keeps his total compensation in the 9yr/37m range or 4m a year, still a bargain.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Scandrick's shortsightedness, has absolutely screwed himself over.

Cowboys draft another corner in the first round next year, and Scandrick is gone.

Dead money for Scandrick next year is 3.7 million.

I'm guessing he wrote himself out of the Cowboys unless he has an absolutely tremendous year next year.

Screwed? If we let him go, he will sign a free agent contract that would pay him more than Dallas is. Hardly screwed.

Craig

Reaction score
When you spew out as many threads as possible per day, this is the kind of quality you get.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Before what????

We just extended him again

That's the point. We extended him again, but the back end of his deal doesn't have any guarantees to it. It also doesn't have much dead money, making it easy to move on from him.

So to answer your question after 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.