Scandrick screwed himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I guessed it right then. Look, I have no problem being high on a player. I hope that Jones turns into Sherman, and Gregory turns into D-ware or Watt. But it's very typical for us Cowboys fans to get too high on players before they prove anything at all. I blame that mentality on two decades of mediocrity. I want proven guys. And as much as you dislike OS, he's been the only player on our defense that could start on contending teams. Again, I'm a Lee fanatic, but if he doesn't play 14-16 games this year, I'm done with him. Especially If he go's down in crunch time. RoMac did the same crap last year. He disappeared when we needed him most. I'd rather take a dependable player with less talent into battle than a great one who can't be counted on to be there when needed most.

No you didn't guess right.

Me being high on matt johnson doesn't mean I think he was going to be a pro bowl player. This board is filled with binary thinking.

I'm saying you're completely overrating scandrick, and underrating the rest of these players.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Me being high on matt johnson doesn't mean I think he was going to be a pro bowl player. This board is filled with binary thinking.

I'm saying you're completely overrating scandrick, and underrating the rest of these players.

Scandrick is our best corner, and he is definitely an above average corner in the league. He could start on multiple teams. I really don't understand where you are getting that he isn't that good from.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
He isn't? He has the 21st highest cap hit this year...

Familiarize yourself with #1 corner slaries and get back to me. I'll wait.

Also, 21st highest cap hit out of 22 starters. This is just getting epic in the stupid category. It truly is.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Familiarize yourself with #1 corner slaries and get back to me. I'll wait.

Also, 21st highest cap hit out of 22 starters. This is just getting epic in the stupid category. It truly is.

22 starters? You MUST be drunk....

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Scandrick's shortsightedness, has absolutely screwed himself over.

Cowboys draft another corner in the first round next year, and Scandrick is gone.

Dead money for Scandrick next year is 3.7 million.

I'm guessing he wrote himself out of the Cowboys unless he has an absolutely tremendous year next year.

All wrong. 100% conjecture.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Scandrick is our best corner, and he is definitely an above average corner in the league. He could start on multiple teams. I really don't understand where you are getting that he isn't that good from.

Again, more binary thinking. Please see what you said, and please see what I said, and see if they match.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I keep hearing people say this, but Scandrick isn't a particularly great corner. Relative to Carr's underperforming play and Claiborne's.... sure... maybe... but he isn't a top corner in this league, and certainly not a true #1 corner.

This is exactly what you said. Even if we draft a cb at #1 next year I still don't see them cutting Scandrick. Just doesn't make sense to do that.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
This is exactly what you said. Even if we draft a cb at #1 next year I still don't see them cutting Scandrick. Just doesn't make sense to do that.

Saying someone isn't a top corner or a #1 corner doesn't mean they aren't any good. That's a ridiculous conclusion to come to. Do you really think that are only two values for a player either they are a #1 corner or they are no good?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Cowboys draft another corner in the first round next year, and Scandrick is gone.

I'm guessing he wrote himself out of the Cowboys unless he has an absolutely tremendous year next year.
naaa, I don't think so.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Looks like he played his hand remarkably if you ask me.

Increased this years's earnings by $2.5M, and set himself up for a potential free agency payday next year before he hits the age of 30.

Hard to see where he went wrong. Hell, his potential SB next year will probably be larger than his base salary would be in Dallas.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Looks like he played his hand remarkably if you ask me.

Increased this years's earnings by $2.5M, and set himself up for a potential free agency payday next year before he hits the age of 30.

Hard to see where he went wrong. Hell, his potential SB next year will probably be larger than his base salary would be in Dallas.

Well as I said, I could definitely see him being traded first with base salaries of only 3 million...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

yea.

cause our previous success with 1st round successes guarantees a successful players future failure.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

binary thinking. you mean like:

scandrick redoes contract
cowboys CAN draft a 1st round corner
scandrack must be gone next year.

hmmmm. i got nuthin after that.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
binary thinking. you mean like:

scandrick redoes contract
cowboys CAN draft a 1st round corner
scandrack must be gone next year.

hmmmm. i got nuthin after that.

Please quote where I said scandrick MUST be gone....

When you have to misquote someone to make their language seem binary, you know you're grasping at straws.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
yea.

cause our previous success with 1st round successes guarantees a successful players future failure.

In the last few years 1st round players have at the very least supplanted veterans in basically every case. Even with Claiborne.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Please quote where I said scandrick MUST be gone....

When you have to misquote someone to make their language seem binary, you know you're grasping at straws.

scandrick screwed himself.
he won't cost much to cut next year.
all we need to do is draft a 1st round CB...

so many apologies dude. i totally misread the vibe you were layin down. please. carry on and i'll make sure to read a program on what you REALLY mean before saying something.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
scandrick screwed himself.
he won't cost much to cut next year.
all we need to do is draft a 1st round CB...

so many apologies dude. i totally misread the vibe you were layin down. please. carry on and i'll make sure to read a program on what you REALLY mean before saying something.

He won't cost much to cut next year -- I said how much dead money would be involved in cutting him.

Doesn't mean he is preordained to be cut or that he MUST be cut. You reach for language that isn't there.

If we were to draft a first round CB AND Jones plays corner, that makes him expendable. Don't know any other way you'd look at it.

That's what we call straw manning. Rather than address what was ACTUALLY said, you turn what was said into hyperbole and try to refute a new narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.