Scandrick screwed himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He won't cost much to cut next year -- I said how much dead money would be involved in cutting him.

Doesn't mean he is preordained to be cut or that he MUST be cut. You reach for language that isn't there.

If we were to draft a first round CB AND Jones plays corner, that makes him expendable. Don't know any other way you'd look at it.

That's what we call straw manning. Rather than address what was ACTUALLY said, you turn what was said into hyperbole and try to refute a new narrative.

it's 7am. you want deep and valid thought, call me in a few hours.

but sure, take a few posts this am to determine my own posting history and style and ignore the 22k+ others that say differently.

glad you'd NEVER twist stuff around to what you need it to be. that would suck and stuff.

H R Suck and Stuff...

now i have that song stuck in my head...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
it's 7am. you want deep and valid thought, call me in a few hours.

but sure, take a few posts this am to determine my own posting history and style and ignore the 22k+ others that say differently.

glad you'd NEVER twist stuff around to what you need it to be. that would suck and stuff.

H R Suck and Stuff...

now i have that song stuck in my head...

I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just saying right now in this case, you and others have created a narrative that isn't based on what I actually said.

I will say right off the bat that this topic was based on what I heard on talkin cowboys, and that I believe it to be in error. What I will also say is that the end conclusion still hasn't changed. Scandrick is going to be one of the most expensive players on the team in 2016 and 2017 and I believe the team will look to replace him as they would any player of that quality/cost relationship.

If your name isn't Romo or Witten, the team is actively going to try and replace you.

Scandrick isn't a cornerstone player. He is a decent cornerback, who may get much better with the pass rush, maybe he even has a great year next year. The point is that there are two barriers to keeping him. #1 his upfront cost and #2 his backend cheapness that makes him key trade bait.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just saying right now in this case, you and others have created a narrative that isn't based on what I actually said.

sorry. stopped reading here. but if i, and others, got this out of what you said, maybe, just maybe, it's what you were saying whether you knew it or not.

one or two people reading something where it isn't there, ok. our bad.

many doing it, it's there.

anyway, i'm out.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
sorry. stopped reading here. but if i, and others, got this out of what you said, maybe, just maybe, it's what you were saying whether you knew it or not.

one or two people reading something where it isn't there, ok. our bad.

many doing it, it's there.

anyway, i'm out.

This fallacy is played often. People come into topics with agendas and they come in groups. That doesn't change the narrative of the OP.

The fact that you bring an agenda and a bias to what someone says, and take away something that was never said does not fall on the speaker or writer. If you think that you have a lot of issues that are deeper than just football or this forum.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This fallacy is played often. People come into topics with agendas and they come in groups. That doesn't change the narrative of the OP.

The fact that you bring an agenda and a bias to what someone says, and take away something that was never said does not fall on the speaker or writer. If you think that you have a lot of issues that are deeper than just football or this forum.

please show me where i have an agenda other than to say what you said isn't what you seem to have wanted to say. then again don't cause i'm not reading anymore of this crap.

i'm sorry communications skills are not your strong point, but do NOT tell me i have an agenda cause i realize what you're saying despite the mock-walls you put up to dodge behind. you basically just said everyone who thinks the same way i do, which you say seems to be quite a few, ALL HAVE AGENDAS.

how convenient.

it's you 10 that's the problem. i'm fine.

sigh, night john boy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
1. Ignore Spagnola. He is has some inside Pro-Cowboys takes that feel good when the team sucks but are generally useless any other time because they are so vapid.
2. Scandrick was very smart in that he got paid a decent bonus for ascending to the top of the CB heap and did so with minimal drama. That was always what this was about and he got paid for it.
3. IF he gets cut he goes and gets paid elsewhere but how likely is that? He's playing his best football and the team needs 2 or 3 guys to pass him before he even becomes a consideration for the cut list.
4. No offense here but you start a lot of threads based upon a very flimsy premise. not much meat on this bone.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
please show me where i have an agenda other than to say what you said isn't what you seem to have wanted to say. then again don't cause i'm not reading anymore of this crap.

i'm sorry communications skills are not your strong point, but do NOT tell me i have an agenda cause i realize what you're saying despite the mock-walls you put up to dodge behind. you basically just said everyone who thinks the same way i do, which you say seems to be quite a few, ALL HAVE AGENDAS.

how convenient.

it's you 10 that's the problem. i'm fine.

sigh, night john boy.

LOL, I told you to quote me and instead of quoting me you posted what you thought I said.... Doesn't get more clear cut than that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Scandrick's shortsightedness, has absolutely screwed himself over.

Cowboys draft another corner in the first round next year, and Scandrick is gone.

Dead money for Scandrick next year is 3.7 million.

I'm guessing he wrote himself out of the Cowboys unless he has an absolutely tremendous year next year.

I don't think Dallas is looking to replace Scandrick, I think they like him and expect him to produce. If he can't then he needs to be replaced. Right now if I were Carr or Claiborne I would be much more concerned.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't think Dallas is looking to replace Scandrick, I think they like him and expect him to produce. If he can't then he needs to be replaced. Right now if I were Carr or Claiborne I would be much more concerned.

Maybe you're right, but like I said he is going to be one of the most expensive players on the team next year, and there will be a lot of hard decisions to make on defense next year, and that also puts the spotlight on him in 2017.

This isn't about Carr or Claiborne. I think they have issues that are very different.

I could see Carr being cut if he doesn't take a pay cut now. If he takes a pay cut, he is probably here for at least another two years.

Morris Claiborne might be kept simply because he might be a cheap option and the Cowboys would want to get some sort of value out of him. He could also be let go in free agency next year.

When you're one of the most expensive players on the team, I think you have a target on your back.

The team is going to have to re-sign Crawford, and they may want to re-sign Hardy and/or McClain. I think all of these players are better than Scandrick. We still have to re-sign Dez next year as well.

Overthecap has a current projected cap of 150 million next year. If that is the case we are currently 30 million under the cap.

15 for Dez?
12-14 for Hardy?
7 for McClain?

That's already 34-36 million.

Says nothing of re-signing Crawford or Mincey, rookie free agents, or any UFAs we might want.

(note that doesn't account for Carr being cut or taking a pay cut).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scandrick's shortsightedness, has absolutely screwed himself over.

Cowboys draft another corner in the first round next year, and Scandrick is gone.

Dead money for Scandrick next year is 3.7 million.

I'm guessing he wrote himself out of the Cowboys unless he has an absolutely tremendous year next year.

He would get paid more if the Cowboys cut him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe you're right, but like I said he is going to be one of the most expensive players on the team next year, and there will be a lot of hard decisions to make on defense next year, and that also puts the spotlight on him in 2017.

This isn't about Carr or Claiborne. I think they have issues that are very different.

I could see Carr being cut if he doesn't take a pay cut now. If he takes a pay cut, he is probably here for at least another two years.

Morris Claiborne might be kept simply because he might be a cheap option and the Cowboys would want to get some sort of value out of him. He could also be let go in free agency next year.

When you're one of the most expensive players on the team, I think you have a target on your back.

The team is going to have to re-sign Crawford, and they may want to re-sign Hardy and/or McClain. I think all of these players are better than Scandrick. We still have to re-sign Dez next year as well.

Overthecap has a current projected cap of 150 million next year. If that is the case we are currently 30 million under the cap.

15 for Dez?
12-14 for Hardy?
7 for McClain?

That's already 34-36 million.

Says nothing of re-signing Crawford or Mincey, rookie free agents, or any UFAs we might want.

(note that doesn't account for Carr being cut or taking a pay cut).

I don't think Scandrick pay is that highly ranked in terms of CB pay around the NFL and when you look at the overall position of CB for Dallas with rookie contracts being low Dallas should be able to maintain the pay scale for the CB position once they rid themselves of Carr contract.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't think Scandrick pay is that highly ranked in terms of CB pay around the NFL and when you look at the overall position of CB for Dallas with rookie contracts being low Dallas should be able to maintain the pay scale for the CB position once they rid themselves of Carr contract.

Scandrick has the 21st highest cap hit for the year.

The overall position is one of the most expensive position groups dallas has.

You can maintain the pay scale, but other positions are getting more expensive.

Nation

Reaction score

Rookie Corners are typically disasters. They aren't going into the season with Jones as a #1, another rookie as a #2, and then God knows what else for a #3. Scandrick may have screwed himself when it comes to how much money he will make once 2019 rolls around, but he's on the roster for 2016 here.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Rookie Corners are typically disasters. They aren't going into the season with Jones as a #1, another rookie as a #2, and then God knows what else for a #3. Scandrick may have screwed himself when it comes to how much money he will make once 2019 rolls around, but he's on the roster for 2016 here.

How many rookies did the Seattle Seahawks play in their secondary when they had a top 5 defense?

It helps when you have a pass rush.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

With Carr contract you bet he counted 12 mill last year will count over 12 this year and 13 the next year. Scandrick contract is counting 6 this year, 7 next and 3.7 the next 2 years after that. To me that can be maintained Carr on the other hand can't. If Dallas as you expect looks to draft a CB next year then you are looking at a 4 year deal on a rookie contract so the hit at the position goes way down

Galian Beast

Reaction score
With Carr contract you bet he counted 12 mill last year will count over 12 this year and 13 the next year. Scandrick contract is counting 6 this year, 7 next and 3.7 the next 2 years after that. To me that can be maintained Carr on the other hand can't. If Dallas as you expect looks to draft a CB next year then you are looking at a 4 year deal on a rookie contract so the hit at the position goes way down

You're taking things as if they're staying the same.

Cheap contract for McClain. No Hardy. Cheap contract for Crawford e.t.c.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, I know you probably didn't read further but cutting a player isn't the only way to remove them. It's called a trade.

The Cowboys have him under contract for below market value. The don't need to trade him. He is currently the only established quality CB on the roster. They need 3 quality CB as they played Nickel 66% of the snaps last season.

You rushed to made anther new thread and didn't think though what you were posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.