Scandrick screwed himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You're taking things as if they're staying the same.

Cheap contract for McClain. No Hardy. Cheap contract for Crawford e.t.c.

I'm not I'm taking overall cost for a unit. CB, LB, DL. Will everyone get big contract? I highly doubt it but looking at Scandrick pay should he perform as a quality CB then his price tag is not that high. Take Carr contract out of the equation things look much better. hell he is getting paid almost twice the amount as Scandrick. In my view all Scandrick has to do is go out and perform and his job is fairly safe

Nation

Reaction score
How many rookies did the Seattle Seahawks play in their secondary when they had a top 5 defense?

It helps when you have a pass rush.

In 2011 the Seahawks drafted Richard Sherman in the 5th round and signed 27 year old Brandon Browner from the CFL. They still kept Marcus Trufant on the roster who started the first 4 games before getting hurt, and represented 2.5% of the 2011 salary cap. Scandrick would represent 3.33% of the Cowboys 2016 salary cap.

erod

Reaction score
Scandrick has learned from Darrelle Revis, and he's using a few of the same tactics.

Revis has now signed for more than $100 million in GUARANTEED money in his career by working the system. Being the best corner in the NFL doesn't hurt either, but he's structured his deals so he always had an out.

The flip side is that Revis is seen like a renegage gun for hire, not an iconic player to an organization. He's trying to put that back together with the Jets, but its too late.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The Cowboys have him under contract for below market value. The don't need to trade him. He is currently the only established quality CB on the roster. They need 3 quality CB as they played Nickel 66% of the snaps last season.

You rushed to made anther new thread and didn't think though what you were posting.

As long as it fits your narrative.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
In 2011 the Seahawks drafted Richard Sherman in the 5th round and signed 27 year old Brandon Browner from the CFL. They still kept Marcus Trufant on the roster who started the first 4 games before getting hurt, and represented 2.5% of the 2011 salary cap. Scandrick would represent 3.33% of the Cowboys 2016 salary cap.

two rookies and two second year players as starters and they had a top 7 defense...

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere unless his game declines (I don't see this happening) or if we get so loaded with stud CBs on rookie contracts that they push him out slot CB position (serious doubt this).

He's the only CB that is the least worried about his tenure in Dallas. Carr and Claiborne are the odd men out and should be concerned (one because of money, the other because of ability). Scandrick is neither over-payed nor lacking in ability. He stays.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm not I'm taking overall cost for a unit. CB, LB, DL. Will everyone get big contract? I highly doubt it but looking at Scandrick pay should he perform as a quality CB then his price tag is not that high. Take Carr contract out of the equation things look much better. hell he is getting paid almost twice the amount as Scandrick. In my view all Scandrick has to do is go out and perform and his job is fairly safe

Taking Carr out the equation makes things look better, but you still have to try and afford all these players (assuming you want to keep them).

Scandrick is the easiest to replace on that list assuming you draft a corner.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL, I told you to quote me and instead of quoting me you posted what you thought I said.... Doesn't get more clear cut than that.

i and 10 others, btw. let's not exclude all those YOU brought into this. and yea, quote me i have an agenda. find that quote where i said that.

don't go asking me for crap you are not even going to provide, son. that's a party foul on any level.

Nation

Reaction score
two rookies and two second year players as starters and they had a top 7 defense...

The point I think you are missing is the fact that they did not cut or trade Trufant even though he was older than Scandrick will be in 2016 and of comparable cost.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Taking Carr out the equation makes things look better, but you still have to try and afford all these players (assuming you want to keep them).

Scandrick is the easiest to replace on that list assuming you draft a corner.

Scandrick pay in terms of CB is not that high. I expect Dallas to replace him if someone comes in and out plays him but in terms of money his pay is not that high. Carr on the other hand is not playing good and his pay is massive.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i and 10 others, btw. let's not exclude all those YOU brought into this. and yea, quote me i have an agenda. find that quote where i said that.

don't go asking me for crap you are not even going to provide, son. that's a party foul on any level.

An oldie but a good from back in the early thrash days...Caught in the Mosh by anthrax...the lyrics seem to fit and you might get a laugh out of them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Mo Screwed Himself

Agree or disagree?

Who else does he have to blame but himself for his perpetual inability to represent a blip on the screen?

Opinions welcomed.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree or disagree?

Who else does he have to blame but himself for his perpetual inability to represent a blip on the screen?

Opinions welcomed.

I get the joke and what you were doing...but we have enough annoying threads started that don't need to be started as it is.
Wink Wink

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe that's a record for the fastest merge in CZ history.

Caught me waiting for the Garrett PC.

Not that a Garrett PC is exciting as I will probably just hear more stacking days on days and it is a process garrett cliches...but at this time of the year I am willing to wade through that hoping for any football news of the players and rookies during OTAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.