Schefter: Leonard likely to have a new home in the next 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I also thought the recent LB signing that was what he was good at also. Has he even played yet.
True. DQ seems to be developing Clark n Bell right now over Evans and I support that, with Dallas being a draft n development football team.

Leonard's issue with the Colts was a lack of play time, so is Leonard good enough (currently) to forfeit some of the young LBs experience, and make some type of imapct?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Eagles have est. 1.7 million in 2023 cap space.

Dallas has 10.8 million

But next season looks bad for us. Even with the 10.8 million rollover from 2023.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2024/
Both teams have enuff money for Leonard

And this is just for remainder of season...right? He's a FA after this year yes? Don't even need to worry about next year. He will sign with us.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
48 hours?

He said last week he'd decide over the weekend! Now he's pushing it back again?

Red flag alert.

Something is up here. NFL teams aren't dumb. Makes me wonder if he's simply not hearing what he wants from either Dallas or Philly...and is extending his decision time to see if more options present themselves. Maybe reality hasn't caught up with him yet (hence the reason he was unhappy in Indy) and he thinks he should still be getting treated like he was the 2018 version of himself, instead of the reality of the 2023 version of himself.

I get it. It's hard to accept Father Time's inevitable path for us sometimes.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
48 hours?

He said last week he'd decide over the weekend! Now he's pushing it back again?

Red flag alert.

Something is up here. NFL teams aren't dumb. Makes me wonder if he's simply not hearing what he wants from either Dallas or Philly...and is extending his decision time to see if more options present themselves. Maybe reality hasn't caught up with him yet (hence the reason he was unhappy in Indy) and he thinks he should still be getting treated like he was the 2018 version of himself, instead of the reality of the 2023 version of himself.

I get it. It's hard to accept Father Time's inevitable path for us sometimes.
He's 28 years old.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He's 28 years old.
And a "Shell of his former self" per Colts fans.

Some players decline quicker than others. Even the best non-qbs are not what they are at 28.5 years, than they were at 24 or 25. He has changed (hence the reason he lost major playing time...and then released)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

giphy.gif

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This is all about GTD $$$.

March FA will be here soon. So he can wait if he needs to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s funny does anyone remember that deadline rumor about the Cowboys trying to trade for Ertz? Now he’s free and no interest. I mean rightfully so I didn’t get it at the time and sure don’t get it now.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m not sure how much Leonard will be able to help… at this point you just have to trust the doctors that checked him out. If they say he can still play then sure, bring him in.

I will say that Indy letting him go (and their fans saying “good riddance”) doesn’t necessarily mean that he can’t play anymore. First of all, their front office and ownership can just be dumb. Secondly, they’re kind of in the middle of a reset and just starting over… I can see a scenario where they would want to let a higher priced, opinionated vet go from a young defense. He’s definitely not his all-pro self, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a part of a good defense and help make some plays.

And fans always say a guy sucks after their team lets him go. We know this.

However, I certainly don’t see him as a lock to be a difference maker for whatever team he signs with. Maybe he helps - and maybe he doesn’t help - but only time can answer that.

I guess I’m just saying that we can’t just assume he’s going to really help no matter what team he signs with. Don’t celebrate too much if he comes to Dallas, and certainly don’t freak out if he goes to Philly. It just needs to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.