Schefter: Leonard likely to have a new home in the next 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course you can. He isn’t going to play every down and every situation week 1 and its not like he is likely to come in on Saturday to a new team
He just said you can have a defender on the field who doesn't know the defense.

Put him on scroll.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Trying to think what might be the practical reason for not announcing a decision already. If you're going to the Eagles, then it would seem to have only been a confidence booster to them to already learn that, ahead of this game. And if they suffer another LB injury, well, fine, that only makes it that much more reasonable to sign with them.

Mitch

Reaction score
So if the 49ers beat the Eagles - does that make Leonard to us more probable, because they aren‘t that uber-team their record suggested?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Thinking Dallas might have just won Shaq Leonard though. Not sure how much he will help but.....

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I remember when the trade for Byard was going to make the Eagles defense invincible. Turns out he can't cover and is not the player he once was. He really has not helped the Eagles at all. Leonard will be the same for any team that signs him.
Maybe, but the Cowboys are pretty thin at LB so I don't think Leonard signing would be a detractor.

The Natural

Reaction score
Trying to think what might be the practical reason for not announcing a decision already. If you're going to the Eagles, then it would seem to have only been a confidence booster to them to already learn that, ahead of this game. And if they suffer another LB injury, well, fine, that only makes it that much more reasonable to sign with them.
Him announcing he's going to Philly before the game would have done absolutely nothing for them today lol.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I remember when the trade for Byard was going to make the Eagles defense invincible. Turns out he can't cover and is not the player he once was. He really has not helped the Eagles at all. Leonard will be the same for any team that signs him.
Add Julio also lol!!

Jarntt

Reaction score
He just said you can have a defender on the field who doesn't know the defense.

Put him on scroll.
No he didn’t. You are the dolt that thinks an NFL defender who has been a FT player in the league and was playing just a couple weeks ago can’t learn enough to be active on game day and play in a rotation which is what I said after like 5 days being on the team. It’s like you’ve never followed football

Gambit

Reaction score
Perhaps he wants to discuss with his family and loved ones.

Maybe he has to consider where he'd best like to raise his kids.

Maybe he's a grown adult who said he needed time to decide and that should be good enough

_sturt_

Reaction score
Perhaps he wants to discuss with his family and loved ones.

Maybe he has to consider where he'd best like to raise his kids.

Maybe he's a grown adult who said he needed time to decide and that should be good enough

I didn't tell him to commit to a decision today. He did that. He evidently figured that would provide ample time to make the decision, even without consulting me. I know, I know... who does that, right? But he didn't. Not lying.

But/and, he's not moving to Dallas or Philadelphia for 2-ish months (... re: "where he'd like to raise his kids" part). Perhaps one or both teams are offering him more than a deal to finish the season, but if so, that would appear to be a surprise to most.

Cydios

Reaction score
Well I hope he used these last 2 games as a decision maker

Status
Not open for further replies.