Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
chip kelly is a genius!!!!!!!!! so many new cogs and big splashes. that certainly guarantees long term success! /sarcasm

superonyx

Reaction score
Murray will be at Philthy headquarters around 3 pm EST. If that contract is for real, and signed, then let the hate commence.

I declare one DeMarco Murray the most hated former Cowboy in the history of Cowboys!

I wish you the very worst in your football endeavors. Your actions were detestable. Thank goodness I didn't buy your jersey. Later loser.

Good riddance!

I don't have any ill will towards him. This is your crusade not everyones.
If you need to hate him to feel better than go on and run with it.
I am more concerned with who will be running the ball for us in the 4th quarter when the defense is tired and we are trying to control the ball.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Holy CRAP re. The guaranteed money!!!

I'm elated our FO didn't cave... That's insane.

Nothing left to say really, except my guess is we weren't CLOSE to that and rightfully so

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I knew it would turn out to be a deal that we're all glad the Cowboys didn't give him.

Just like Parnell's deal
Just like Carter's deal
Just like Durant's deal
Just like Harris' deal

There's not one of the guys' contracts where we thought 'oooh, we should have matched that'.

Especially this one.

Carter kind of surprised me.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I never wanted to pay him anywhere near that so not a huge blow for me. It does suck that he went to Eagles.

I'm more disappointed with the Cowboys total and complete inactivity. Franchising Dez was not ideal IMO either. Team should have done more this past season to lock up some of these guys. They gambled and right now, they are losing.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Yep, we all know that since Murray got his well deserved money, he will break down by week 6, he will get injured, he only had one good year, he won't be anything without the offensive line, Philly is done with this bum, Murray was overrated, this is an upgrade for Dallas ect ect. I never knew how many Murray haters were on here. The Cowboys are gonna miss this guy, and if you think an injured rookie named Gurley or Randle is going to do the job for a full 16 weeks, keep dreaming, this sucks.

superonyx

Reaction score
Please stop with this. They do not have a very good offensive line.

What they have is that stupid no huddle gimmick which causes the defense to be tired and off balance. I hate the eagles. I hate that they run a gimmick offense that needs to stay in the college ranks.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He chased the money. Which I'm perfectly fine with regardless of the team he signed with. Both sides are correct in this case.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Murray will be at Philthy headquarters around 3 pm EST. If that contract is for real, and signed, then let the hate commence.

I declare one DeMarco Murray the most hated former Cowboy in the history of Cowboys!

I wish you the very worst in your football endeavors. Your actions were detestable. Thank goodness I didn't buy your jersey. Later loser.

Good riddance!

Nice to see the maturity level of some Cowboy fans are at their peak.:laugh:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I wish he would have gone somewhere else, but it's a business of the self when there is too significant a difference and so it is understandable. Football for a running back at the professional level for ten years is outstanding, so to get a good money contract that sets you up for the rest of your life after the fact is difficult to bypass even considering team loyalty. This seems more like a case for Philly of killing two birds with one stone.