Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now take the money you had ticketed for Murray and pay Greg Hardy to fix the pass rush!

This offensive line is good enough to help the next running back.

The defensive line is not good enough to help the next defensive end.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep, we all know that since Murray got his well deserved money, he will break down by week 6, he will get injured, he only had one good year, he won't be anything without the offensive line, Philly is done with this bum, Murray was overrated, this is an upgrade for Dallas ect ect. I never knew how many Murray haters were on here. The Cowboys are gonna miss this guy, and if you think an injured rookie named Gurley or Randle is going to do the job for a full 16 weeks, keep dreaming, this sucks.

I don't think it's guaranteed Dallas will miss him. It depends on how the Cowboys replace him.

I do think the Eagles are just swimming upstream by replacing McCoy with Murray and Foles with Bradford. They didn't markedly improve, if they even improved at all.

Now right now, we're going the opposite direction by losing some starters and depth, but that can change in a hurry.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now is Gore laughing at Murray for going to Philly or crying over the money Philly is giving Murray?

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
so what happens to all those DeMo Cowboy jerseys? change the 9 to an 8 and put peterson instead of murray on the back in duck tape?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
896ab.png

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Time will tell. Lynch gets paid a lot and is the Seahawks identity. Murray and the run became our identity this year. We will miss him when the next back misses the block that kills Romo.

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
I think this was Jerry's plan all along. Let Murray go and see what he could get, and if it was around what he was willing to pay he would match it. In this case it wasn't. And the next part of his plan now that DM is gone is to add Peterson. I think that will be the Boys big signing this offseason.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Now take the money you had ticketed for Murray and pay Greg Hardy to fix the pass rush!

This offensive line is good enough to help the next running back.

The defensive line is not good enough to help the next defensive end.

Preach it, sir.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Matthews as a cheaper replacement. Fingers crossed he don't get hurt.
No need to cross fingers bud- we can go meet up at the singing bush and recite the magic words:
Farly farly farly farly, a-farllll...

Kaiser

Reaction score
Great decisions by Jerry/Stephen to pass on trying to outbid those deals. Add the Murray one in there also.

To those who have been in panic mode all week, here is all the proof you need that we are on the right path.

Next April you will really enjoy the draft.

Exactly. Just because the players heading out moved quickly and happened prior to their replacements coming in, its no reason to panic.

We always knew DeMarco would be gone if another offer was crazy, and this one was. Its not hard to find a replacement either in the draft, or FA, or both.

It was obvious one of Free or Parnell would leave and one of them left.

Carter was going to get more than Dallas wanted to pay, and he did.

Durant would have been nice as a backup, but it was very unlikely he would have started next year.

Harris is a good player but we didn't have enough touches to use him at WR. His ST ability can be replaced with a late round draft pick.

None of these moves are unexpected - or bad moves in the grand scheme of things.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yes they do. Best in the league in 2013 and still ranked near the top last year with multiple injuries. But whatever makes you feel better about Murray walking.

think the answer is somewhere in the middle.
the eagles have an older ol with some good 30+ year old vets but also just let herremans walk.
the system they use is very ol friendly and contributes to their statistical rankings.

they are not as good an ol as dallas by any means which matters as you relate demarco murray to the equation.
at the same time this is hardly the jags murray has signed with.
he is in a very potent offense and should do just fine.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
So is it me or have the Eagles locked up about 30% of their cap space in their quarterbacks and running backs. Someone who is not math deficient please add up the cap hits for Bradford, Sanchez, Ryan Matthews, Murray and change.

Someone needs to learn the lesson that the Cowboys learned over the past two decades. It's about the offensive and defensive lines, not running backs.