Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

tm1119

Reaction score
Murray was going to get 7+M the whole time and it was a smart move to let him walk the whole time. Now it's time to spend some $ on defense

RW31

Reaction score
I think Murray ranked pretty in high in yards after contact as well this past season. He was ranked 3rd at one point during the year, but I don't know where he ranked at the end of the season.

I don't remember him doing a thing in the 2nd half of the year. He went down as soon as he made eye contact with defenders. Early in the season he did a better job.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't have any ill will towards him. This is your crusade not everyones.
If you need to hate him to feel better than go on and run with it.
I am more concerned with who will be running the ball for us in the 4th quarter when the defense is tired and we are trying to control the ball.

It's your destiny to hate DeMarco. Goooood... let the hate flow and complete your destiny to the dark side.

manster4ever

Reaction score
He was near the top of league for yards after contact as well. I think Philly understands plenty.

Yep... Just like MB3 use to be.. But when he hit the wall it was like a light switch being flipped

Game over man...DM could be a exception but should we have gambled on a 5yr 42 mil with 21 mil Gtd on that premise? Heeeeeck no... FO did the right thing!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 23s23 seconds ago
    Eagles go five years, $42 million for DeMarco Murray http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JgV

View summary0 replies1 retweet0 favorites
    Retweet1
    Favorite
    More

2. Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 58s58 seconds ago
    Just got a text from @DeMarcoMurray: Things didn't work out. No hard feelings at all. Wish those guys the best.

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

3. Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 59s59 seconds ago
    If Eagles get DeMarco for $6 million a year, $17 million guaranteed, you can second guess quite a bit. That deal, Cowboys looking smart

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There was a tweet earlier today that basically said it was not the per year numbers that the Cowboys were not going to go with...It was the Guaranteed money that was the difference.

The only way the Eagles can justify it is if they are paying him a huge amount of guaranteed money this year. If the $21 million is just signing bonus, it's a stupid move.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I still say that Kelly pulling the offer from the table on Mathews if it is true is totally BS and if I am FA I will be wary of signing there. It happened to me on a job opportunity and I informed them that I will not be accepting the lower offer since one of your values is integrity and you have none. The HR Director agree with me and said the Executive Director is the one that change the contract before I could sign it.

Maybe, but players do it too. Gore just did it to Kelly a few days ago.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
You can't blame Murray for chasing the $$ when he has a daughter. Murray seems to be a class act and a good father. He did what most other loving parents would do, get financial security.

I'll be secretly wishing him success while still rooting against his team.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
What they have is that stupid no huddle gimmick which causes the defense to be tired and off balance. I hate the eagles. I hate that they run a gimmick offense that needs to stay in the college ranks.

and the thing is just like the seahawks (but worse) the offense has no fail safe. tho now that grahm signed to the seahawks looks like they are trying to establish a fail safe.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew it would turn out to be a deal that we're all glad the Cowboys didn't give him.

Just like Parnell's deal
Just like Carter's deal
Just like Durant's deal
Just like Harris' deal

There's not one of the guys' contracts where we thought 'oooh, we should have matched that'. Especially this one.

Great decisions by Jerry/Stephen to pass on trying to outbid those deals. Add the Murray one in there also.

To those who have been in panic mode all week, here is all the proof you need that we are on the right path.

Next April you will really enjoy the draft.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Please stop with this. They do not have a very good offensive line.

Yes they do. Best in the league in 2013 and still ranked near the top last year with multiple injuries. But whatever makes you feel better about Murray walking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Happy trails, Murray. Way too much money.

may be but it is the market value, look at the deal for McCoy and Lynch people can say there is no big market for RB but teams are paying it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Matthews as a cheaper replacement. Fingers crossed he don't get hurt.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Can't blame him now. I sure would like to know our plan now. If it's Spiller I hate it. If it's Gurley, I hate it because he's not a guarantee he will be there and he will be on the PUP.

What you got Mr Executive of the Year!

I doubt their draft strategy would include ONLY Gurley. There are several backs to be had that are more than capable and one or more of them will be available when Dallas picks. On the bright side, the signing very likely eliminates Philly from drafting a RB ahead of us. The draft will be interesting...defensive vs RB needs...where do they go? Dallas could very well wait until round 2 or 3 to draft a RB...depends on who's available at 27.

mldardy

Reaction score
Yes they do. Best in the league in 2013 and still ranked near the top last year with multiple injuries. But whatever makes you feel better about Murray walking.

No they don't. we can go back and forth all day. That offensive line is not that good.