1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by NorthwestDallas40, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

14,531 Messages
    5,687 Likes Received
    I wish this would all go away with no penalty, but frankly, I'd almost be happy to see the suspension just to know it's over.....UGH!

2. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,197 Messages
    6,429 Likes Received
    I can tell you for pennies a day

3. revospeed

revospeed Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    3,267 Likes Received
    There wasn't the exculpatory evidence in their cases. There is in Zeke's.

Screw The Hall likes this.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,792 Messages
    17,719 Likes Received
    Willful ignorance is ignorance nevertheless

haleyrules likes this.
  5. ALBIT

ALBIT Well-Known Member

506 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    It will not shock anyone if he gets 2 games. Ugh this gets me so angry how dumb this kid has been. If he wants to be great than grow up

Direwolf63 likes this.
  6. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,198 Messages
    11,758 Likes Received
    That's correct, my main point was they were never found guilty in the court of law. As I've said, most cases aren't exactly the same and nor are the punishments. I've said 1,000 times I think this is bs based on what we know. Once everything comes out, if it ever does, then we can whine and complain.

Like everyone I just want to see this over with ASAP and move on but absolutely nothing will surprise me with the NFL. The officiating sucks, the way they handle personnel issues sucks, a lot of their penalties/rules suck. Why would I expect anything different?

7. AzorAhai

AzorAhai Well-Known Member

6,490 Messages
    8,838 Likes Received
    If the players don't dig their heels in on Goodell and the insane amount of power he wields over them, they are absolute idiots. When it's time to negotiate this next cba, that's going to be their only chance to get something done with this sham that is a suspension/appeals/investigation process. They better take it.

Qbert likes this.
  8. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,438 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, we live in a world where too many people believe that if you tell a lie
    enough times, it will eventually become the truth... and sadly, it happens often.

Dhragon, haleyrules and lothos05 like this.
  9. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Look at this grandstander right here. He needs to grow up but has done nothing wrong by law. Jealous people I tell ya.

dogunwo likes this.
  10. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    Try learning the facts.......Goodell can't just do whatever he wants.......the is a very clearly defined CBA ....he routinely loses in Federal Court...... if he suspends EE for bs he should take it to court for as long as it takes

dogunwo likes this.
  11. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,962 Messages
    1,980 Likes Received
    If Zeke is suspended based on the evidence that is out there, the NFLPA should be foaming at the mouth to respond quickly, decisively, and with extreme prejudice.

haleyrules and Nightman like this.
  12. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,536 Messages
    9,474 Likes Received
    Please show me a quote where he is swearing up and down about what is in the video. I'll wait.

13. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,197 Messages
    6,429 Likes Received
    There's a part of me that feels like that's the play. Keep releasing info to keep it in the news. Make a big show of suspending him. Take it to court. Quietly acquiesce next offseason. That'd be my hope at least

Screw The Hall likes this.
  14. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,536 Messages
    9,474 Likes Received
    You seem to think people are entitled to employment unless they do something wrong, and provably so. Newsflash: They are not.

This is an organization determining what is best for them. That doesn't mean they need some conviction or even evidence. They can just think you did something, or that somehow you are bad for their image.

Do you honestly think your employer can't discipline you unless they could prove something in a court of law?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  15. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,962 Messages
    1,980 Likes Received
    They would have a field day with this case. Nothing says we need to tear up the old Collective Bargaining Agreement quite like completely ignoring evidence with Zeke so that Goodell can somehow make up for bad decisions that he's made in the past.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  16. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

6,431 Messages
    2,841 Likes Received
    Why on earth would the league respond to a NOTHING issue that "allegedly" happened....before he was in the NFL?
    And why would it take THIS long?

This would add to my growing list of things about the NFL that completely turn me off. The NFL better be careful. The youth (20 - 30 year olds)....are not nearly in love with this game like us 40+ year olds. And if they continue to tick off the 40+ year olds....this league won't be left with much.

As a Cowboys fan...I am MORE than convinced that there are people in high places that have it out for us....and as the NFL continues to allow these "people" to jerk us around....it will continue to strengthen my feeling that this is no longer a completive sport...but one big entertainment conglomerate! And once I stop caring about the "competitive sport".....I'm out!

17. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    I am 46 and Fantasy Football and parlay cards are the main reasons I stay active

The politics of the NFL has gone WWF and PC a long time ago..... too many fake storylines and drama and too much over-reacting to the crime of the week

18. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

9,067 Messages
    8,061 Likes Received
    Schefter references the domestic violence case. So there is nothing to suggest that this is about weed or pulling the girl's top down.

Police closed their investigation long ago convinced that there wasn't enough to consider charges. There are supposedly witnesses that confirm Zeke didn't do anything and supposedly evidence that the girl told people she was going to try setting him up. As we have seen in the past with these NFL investigations that drag out forever, there almost always seems to be some punishment. And then we will find out that the NFL never even talked to a lot of the witnesses. It's a joke. Completely arbitrary and capricious.

19. Knotamus

Knotamus Zone Supporter

1,128 Messages
    2,633 Likes Received
    Let's put this in perspective:

Zeke was 20yo last year..

I'm sure glad my life wasn't under a microscope at that age

Screw The Hall and haleyrules like this.
  20. haleyrules

haleyrules Benched

16,064 Messages
    42,902 Likes Received
    Elliott has done nothing the Police can charge him for!! No doubt the BS owners do far worse everyday they do business. Its disgusting. Goodell needs to be gotten rid of like the dose of clap he really is. The NFL front office makes me sick.

ShortRound131 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.