1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by NorthwestDallas40, Jul 14, 2017.

1. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,969 Messages
    16,052 Likes Received
    Elvis was a Stealers fan. You nailed it, not sure about the Russians but if they hate America then wouldnt they hate America's team?

aria likes this.
  2. CowboysWillRise

10,969 Messages
    16,052 Likes Received
    No not a thread we need a zone.

aria likes this.
  3. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,756 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    And to think I was joking about the Russians....your point actually makes complete sense. I think I could get behind that one. Ya know, Putin does have Krafts Patriots SB ring? That's no lie. It's all coming together now. Russians hacking the Cowboys radio sets and tipping off opposing teams with plays. I can't believe I'm just now seeing this, thanks for the insight.

4. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby Zone Supporter

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    Aria, it's a CZ tradition. Just go with, or it'll drive ya crazy. Many fansites for several teams do it!

dallasdave, RGV_C_Los and aria like this.
  5. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

3,139 Messages
    5,823 Likes Received
    Only if they're impactful players from teams other than NYG, NE or PIT.

CaptainCowboy12 and Trouty like this.
  6. Trouty

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    Looks like I've been handing out likes without reading full posts.

Some of you need to relax.

7. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,756 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    Alright, I'll try. I honestly have no idea how many other teams believe these whacked theories but I could see why, EVERY team gets screwed over in their fans eyes. I didn't realize it was more of a tradition thing. I'll pipe down, wasn't trying to derail the thread.

Trouty likes this.
  8. CowboysWillRise

10,969 Messages
    16,052 Likes Received
    Dont go by me I think everyone is screwing me, the cable compamy, my escrow payments, my wireless carrier, the toll booth. Lol you name it, they are all passing me around.

Trouty and aria like this.
  9. Trouty

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    All good, Aria, it's at least as much of a tradition thing as it is conspiracy. And yes, a bunch of fanbases play around with the meme. :)

dallasdave, RGV_C_Los and aria like this.
  10. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,756 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    It's a good thing I'm not in public because I am literally lol'ing. I couldn't agree more.

Trouty and CowboysWillRise like this.
  11. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

3,139 Messages
    5,823 Likes Received
    We could also devote another thread to the people that think there couldn't possibly be "old money" owners with backroom influence with the league. Mara's vested interest in the "Salary Cap Gate" was almost palpable.

Dhragon, aria and Trouty like this.
  12. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

2,787 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    Yeah but then what is the other PI going to find? The one that Roger assigns to jerry for revenge.

I think even Haley would turn white if that dirty laundry was aired.

13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,164 Messages
    9,194 Likes Received
    Yes. The incredibly low proportion of false claims should overwhelm those legit ones that are never prosecuted.

Keep on supporting dudes who beat women, brother! It's a good look.

14. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,286 Messages
    13,603 Likes Received
    The trouble I see with this is the huge target the league will put on the back of every player. The message will be loud and clear. Any woman can now accuse any player of any crime and the player will pay a serious price to his reputation, career, salary, and marketability. Players already have to watch out for opportunistic gold diggers, now this will make it much worse. The next lady can say "hey Zeke, impregnate me or I'll tell everyone you beat and raped me." It doesn't matter if it's true. The effect will be the same.

15. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

3,069 Messages
    6,196 Likes Received
    So it's sue 'em or screw 'em. What a tough problem to have!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  16. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

19,509 Messages
    23,060 Likes Received
    http://cowboyszone.com/threads/ques...nt-that-open-pandora-box.380690/#post-7392959

I assume you didn't see my subsequent post in this thread. It should answer your question.

17. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,489 Messages
    6,732 Likes Received
    So basically I can say that about any player did something wrong to me - like Eli molested and fondled me while I was using the bathroom when I was in New York. Although it was utter BS and not true, its still construed as detrimental to the league.

Yeah it will certainly open up a can of worms.

superonyx and Shinaoi like this.
  18. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,489 Messages
    6,732 Likes Received
    Isn't what you say hypocritical? Think about it. Your basing your argument based on nothing more than an assumption. Yet you keep going on and on as if WE shouldn't assume his innocent. Make up your mind.

RoboQB, Nightman and Shinaoi like this.
  19. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,756 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    Do it. I've already addressed this in another thread but by no means am I an expert. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Don't forget to include "new money" owners like Jerry who some people also think can't have bus/backroom influence in the league.

20. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,756 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    I think what a lot of you are missing is that myself, and a few others, are saying IF Zeke is suspended there will be more to it that we're not aware of yet OR the pulling down the top thing may still be in play.

I really don't think they'll come out and say he's suspended because a girl that has already been caught asking her friend to lie for her accused him of something he didn't do.

Who knows, maybe he gives his response and everything is dropped, that could still happen as well.