Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Shinaoi

Reaction score
The real can of worms that could be open is suspension warfare. Send out a squad of people to blame divisional rivals players of crimes. See if any of them stick. Of course I'm just kidding to make a point, but still.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Prepare for there to be no,or a very short, 2020 season. The players will finally stand up for themselves and get a decent bargaining agreement.

Compared to the two other major sports they're not even close. Striking or staying locked out is their only leverage. The overly greedy owners will eventually cave. In this day and age replacement players will be a joke as we have much more entertainment to turn to than in the past.

Goodell is a prime example of what's wrong in many industries and in other leadership roles. Somehow morons have risen to the top.

aria

Reaction score
You suggested the tin-foil thread first, bub. You do the heavy-lifting with that and maybe I'll oblige you with a counter thread.
Eh, I don't know if I'm in the mood for it right now to be honest. I know some things about it and I have my opinion based on what I know, but as I said, I may not know every single detail.

I may start a thread one day if I'm bored but some people seem to get really upset if I (or whoever) don't agree with them unless it's 100% in favor of the Cowboys. I try to look at thinks from both sides so I tend to play devils advocate which ruffles a lot of feathers. Basically, I don't know if I'm up for the barage of insults that would surely come my way. I'll have to wait until I have some time off at work or something when I can respond to all the criticism I'm likely to receive. I'll be sure to tag you if I do.

aria

Reaction score
I just find it extremely hard to believe that the Nfl investigation turned up data that the police investigation didnt...
I wouldn't. The police were looking for criminal offenses and the NFL may be looking for behavior that is "detrimental" to the league whatever that means in their eyes which is different. Also, as with the Brown case, not all police agenices cooperate 100% with the NFL.

Ren

Reaction score
Seems to me like the NFL could find anything, if they did zeke would get the 6 games. So to justify keeping the investigation open as long as they did they need to pin something on Zeke to save face

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wow. Talk about throwing dirt on a wall just to keep it dirty after it keeps being washed clean. Let's keep listening to those who keep bringing something up that should've died along time ago based on the evidence of the actual legal system, and keep giving them a platform to keep bringing it up. Let's keep giving more ammunition to the PC police in a vicious cycle to continue to drag it along as if something new has come along. If this isn't the definition of a "witch-hunt", then you can even doubt the law of non-contradiction, which is one of the first metaphysical principles of Reality.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Lol, so now Rooney is in on this? These conspiracy theories used to be annoying because 1) they're nothing but excuses and 2) there's no proof of anything and 3) they make us, as Cowboy fans look ridiculous but now I'm actually starting to enjoy reading them. They just keep getting better and better. Only another year or so and Elvis and the Russians will be against the Cowboys.

The Rooney's and the Mara's have been tied together with organized crime and professional football since the 1930's... this is actually common knowledge for anyone who is educated on the history of pro football. The family members have openly admitted this was the case. There are books on this topic... find them and educate yourself before speaking on something you're ignorant on.

With that being said, getting back to the thread...

This is all about the league still trying to make up for the PR fallout from the Ray Rice thing. The fact that they've dragged Zeke's investigation out for over a year would make them look like they have no idea what they're doing (true) if their investigation amounts to nothing.

Thus the 1-2 game rumors, even though DV has been stated by Roger himself to now be 6 games minimum. 1-2 games means they didn't find anything, but want to save face and act like they give a **** about women.

The problem is, this is the worst possible case they could have chosen to flex their muscle on DV. There is overwhelming evidence the accuser made this entire story up... to the point where this was never even pursed seriously by Ohio police or the district attorney. There are actually written witness accounts by her own friends that stated she asked them to lie for her, confirmed by text messages. Those bruises on her arms that she posted on Facebook accusing Zeke? Well, there's surveillance video of her getting into a fight with a girl at a club the night she claimed he gave them to her. He told her he's breaking up with her... her response? I'm going to ruin your career.

The NFL is choosing to crucify an innocent man and slap him with the DV label that he will carry the entirety of his career.

Oh BTW, Lisa Friel, the league's head investigator on DV issues and the one driving this witch hunt, also happens to be a devout lifelong Giants fanatic, complete with a decade plus of season ticket holder status and a shrine room in her home dedicated to the team with memorabilia, prints, autographs, etc.

Guess which team benefits from Zeke serving a 1 game suspension?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is throwing a damper on our season. I know that. Hard enough schedule as it is. I can't stand Goodell. Wonder what skeletons he has in his closet?

Sage3030

Reaction score
Yes. The incredibly low proportion of false claims should overwhelm those legit ones that are never prosecuted.

Keep on supporting dudes who beat women, brother! It's a good look.

Every time I read your posts on this subject, I'm left with this impression:

You think Zeke beat that woman despite her lies about the entire situation.

CWR

Reaction score
The Rooney's and the Mara's have been tied together with organized crime and professional football since the 1930's... this is actually common knowledge for anyone who is educated on the history of pro football. The family members have openly admitted this was the case. There are books on this topic... find them and educate yourself before speaking on something you're ignorant on.

This is all about the league still trying to make up for the PR fallout from the Ray Rice thing. The fact that they've dragged Zeke's investigation out for over a year would make them look like they have no idea what they're doing (true) if their investigation amounts to nothing.

Thus the 1-2 game rumors, even though DV has been stated by Roger himself to now be 6 games minimum. 1-2 games means they didn't find anything, but want to save face and act like they give a **** about women.

The problem is, this is the worst possible case they could have chosen to flex their muscle on DV. There is overwhelming evidence the accuser made this entire story up... to the point where this was never even pursed seriously by Ohio police or the district attorney. There are actually written witness accounts by her own friends that stated she asked them to lie for her, confirmed by text messages. Those bruises on her arms that she posted on Facebook accusing Zeke? Well, there's surveillance video of her getting into a fight with a girl at a club the night she claimed he gave them to her. He told her he's breaking up with her... her response? I'm going to ruin your career.

The NFL is choosing to crucify an innocent man and slap him with the DV label that he will carry the entirety of his career.

Oh BTW, Lisa Friel, the league's head investigator on DV issues and the one driving this witch hunt, also happens to be a devout lifelong Giants fanatic, complete with a decade plus of season ticket holder status and a shrine room in her home dedicated to the team with memorabilia, prints, autographs, etc.

Thank you for this post! This about covers my entire thoughts on the subject. I cant even consider it a conspiracy theory when you state all of the riddiculous facts.

CCBoy

Reaction score

The truth can be a bold weapon...and the Player's Association better be on speed dial with the Courts of Appeal...thanks for your view.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If the NFL’s reported plans for Ezekiel Elliott are true, which would involve a “short suspension” for a crime he was not found guilty of, then they have truly lost sight of the meaning and responsibility to their own punishments.

Perhaps it’s too late for the League. After all, they’re already frequent victims of their own stupid precedents, and, if ESPN’s Adam Schefter is correct, they’re about to play themselves for fools again.

No. There is never a wrong time to achieve justice, and the only way that will be found here is by the NFL dropping their investigation and letting an innocent man play. If they’ve found anything, hand it over to the police.

Let’s hope the League’s redundant, self-righteous, kangaroo court ends when Ezekiel Elliott’s punishment is unjustly handed down. This is an organization so scared of its horrific history of domestic violence, and the criminal potential of its partners, that it would punish a man with no conviction of his wrongdoing. That is so sad, on so many levels...

https://realsport101.com/news/sport...im-of-nfls-confused-domestic-violence-agenda/

TheFinisher

Reaction score
The truth can be a bold weapon...and the Player's Association better be on speed dial with the Courts of Appeal...thanks for your view.

The other angle of this situation is Jerry Jones.

This is a man who is about to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in a few weeks. If a suspension is issued to Zeke, there will be a massive black cloud hanging over Jerry's induction. Instead of celebrating what this man's life has meant to the NFL, the media will be talking about how he supports woman beaters. He has repeatedly stood by Zeke publicly, and you can already see the media narrative forming that Jerry is an enemy of DV justice.

http://www.gq.com/story/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-investigation-foot-dragging

This gradual wiping of the Elliott allegations from the public consciousness is no accident. Last month, an ESPN reporter saw Cowboys owner and horny 8-year-old Jerry Jones confront the woman in charge of Elliott’s investigation, Lisa Friel, telling her, “Your bread and butter is going to get both of us thrown out on the street.” To Elliott’s great discredit, Jones’ actions suggest that there are things about the case that he would prefer Friel not make public, if he even wants her to discover them at all.

Jerry Jones is the most powerful owner in football. He owns the most valuable franchise in the league, and he was the de facto puppetmaster behind the Rams move to Los Angeles in the offseason. The fact that the Cowboys are a massive ratings draw in an otherwise down season for the NFL only makes him more influential. In almost every respect, the Double J gets what he wants, and what he wants is for Zeke Elliott to play the rest of the 2016 season. The longer this plays out, the better the Cowboys’ chances of winning a Super Bowl.

snip

This is all horse****. All of it. This investigation has become its own lumbering beast, growing prone to corruption as it slogs on. At the very least, we should be talking about THAT. We should be talking about the NFL delaying the outcome to minimize the PR blowback. We should be talking about Jones manipulating the process to take advantage of the fact that most fans would prefer to move on.

There’s nothing Roger Goodell loves more than doling out heavy punishments for any coverup or lie surrounding a potentially minor infraction. And so I’d like him and Jones to face constant and unrelenting scrutiny over this. Because this is quietly a disaster, and the NFL deserves to be sat down for hours, and questioned, and probed for answers about what happened to this investigation, and it should be bullied into producing any proof of wrongdoing it might possess. The league deserves to have its intentions scrutinized down to microscopic levels. It should show us what info it has and come forth to be judged.

There were a few outlets reporting this story of Jerry confronting Friel at a hotel bar during an owner's meeting over the Zeke investigation. They're trying to paint this as Jerry trying to intimidate her into dropping the case as if there actually IS something there that could put Zeke in the wrong. The way I interpreted it, was Jerry taking a stand against this corrupt justice police the NFL has deployed. It gives me hope that he won't go down quietly regarding this one. They're coming after his reputation just as well as Zeke's.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's so blatantly rotten that it's almost laughable.

So what happens with Elliott? It’s possible that Friday’s report from Adam Schefter of ESPN was the product not of an exasperated Elliott camp accepting the inevitable but a deliberate leak from the league office aimed at gauging public opinion (along with the possible wrath of Jerry) before making a final decision. Whatever the motivation, a decision must come ASAFP if the league hopes for its internal investigation process to preserve any credibility whatsoever.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...t-case-under-increasing-scrutiny-dak-prescott

TheFinisher

Reaction score
So what happens with Elliott? It’s possible that Friday’s report from Adam Schefter of ESPN was the product not of an exasperated Elliott camp accepting the inevitable but a deliberate leak from the league office aimed at gauging public opinion (along with the possible wrath of Jerry) before making a final decision. Whatever the motivation, a decision must come ASAFP if the league hopes for its internal investigation process to preserve any credibility whatsoever.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...t-case-under-increasing-scrutiny-dak-prescott

It's a PR game where they're attempting to abuse their power to come out looking like champions of justice... sickening.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The other angle of this situation is Jerry Jones.

This is a man who is about to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in a few weeks. If a suspension is issued to Zeke, there will be a massive black cloud hanging over Jerry's induction. Instead of celebrating what this man's life has meant to the NFL, the media will be talking about how he supports woman beaters. He has repeatedly stood by Zeke publicly, and you can already see the media narrative forming that Jerry is an enemy of DV justice.

http://www.gq.com/story/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-investigation-foot-dragging

There were a few outlets reporting this story of Jerry confronting Friel at a hotel bar during an owner's meeting over the Zeke investigation. They're trying to paint this as Jerry trying to intimidate her into dropping the case as if there actually IS something there that could put Zeke in the wrong. The way I interpreted it, was Jerry taking a stand against this corrupt justice police the NFL has deployed. It gives me hope that he won't go down quietly regarding this one. They're coming after his reputation just as well as Zeke's.

Apparently, as you suggest, this is a 'final' attempt to insult Jerry, for being a maverick and in support of player and individual team rights over the years. A $12 billion dollar business that is still under the thumb of power wielders... has a chosen 'dog' to enforce convenience of will.

To retain credability, this mud slinging has to go down quickly now, or the NFL is exposed...and you bring up Jerry. Here, Jerry has a burden, as he is already deeply system loyal. That is why his anger even showed...not a self serving arrogance.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Finisher, thanks for the discussion. Your talk reveals an invested concern for out Cowboys, which is mine as well. Those NFL yahoos better get this right, and not another corporate overpriced move for their benefit. The fans might have some teeth in this decision...and won't stand by and take it with every thing else that has gone down against the Dallas Cowboys.

p.s. Where's a Player's Association announced stance? Or do they just receive increased income by walking through an arbitration process?