1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by NorthwestDallas40, Jul 14, 2017.

1. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Moderator

54,220 Messages
    19,656 Likes Received
    Mara's satellite is out?!

aria likes this.
  2. numnuts23

numnuts23 Well-Known Member

2,633 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Given leaks of info these days, you think there is something that happened that hasn't been said before? I doubt it....and if so, how is it that the "investigation" took this long and it so happens that the suspension is going to happen week 1 of this year? I think we all know what this deal is here, and it has nothing to do with conduct detrimental to the league.

Dhragon likes this.
  3. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

19,495 Messages
    22,984 Likes Received
    If we already know everything, then he won't be suspended, which has been my contention all along.

Dhragon likes this.
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,013 Messages
    9,025 Likes Received
    No. My "assumption" is based on the fact that nearly all DV cases do not lead to conviction because of suddenly uncooperative victims and/or the troubling legal issue of he said/she said.

Good Lord. A lady calls the cops, that's much more often legit than not.

But you, you think she's just faking. Your attitude is ancient - grow up and face the reality over your miserable and sad try to blame it on the b#$@_ every time

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,353 Messages
    24,191 Likes Received
    So in the post after you say its ignorant to assume anyone knows everything about the case, you now know everything about the ratio of false claims to true claims.

Got it.

And whatever that ratio is, it doesn't matter. The actual facts of Zeke's case are what matter to Zeke's case.

6. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

3,127 Messages
    5,778 Likes Received
    You suggested the tin-foil thread first, bub. You do the heavy-lifting with that and maybe I'll oblige you with a counter thread.

aria likes this.
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,353 Messages
    24,191 Likes Received
    The knight in shining armor shtick defending every woman as innocent is even more ancient.

RJ_MacReady and Nightman like this.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,013 Messages
    9,025 Likes Received
    W

The actual facts do matter.

We don't know the actual facts, so most relevant are statistical facts about similar cases.

Fact. DV cases rarely get conviction.

Fact. Women get beaten every second in our country.

9. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,279 Messages
    5,396 Likes Received
    I think NFL has big problem if they suspend a player who hasn't been charged with anything. The reason I bring this up is because the suspension has to be 6 games according to their new domestic abuse policy. Sometimes we see that 6 games get reduced. But if NFL starts giving out smaller suspensions as preemptive strike based on their own interpretation of what that player might do in future then player lawyers could start to sue the league. But their biggest problem will be turning off fan base across the country. Lets not forget Jerry is more powerful now then at any point in past.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  10. Shinaoi

Shinaoi Well-Known Member

3,399 Messages
    5,471 Likes Received
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

41,552 Messages
    19,299 Likes Received
    She allowed it. The women's movement is also about freedom of choice. So I don't see any reason for it to be involved.

12. tyke1doe

41,552 Messages
    19,299 Likes Received
    That's not what I'm saying. There's no evidence that Zeke did anything wrong. The league just can't suspend arbitrarily and without evidence.

13. tyke1doe

41,552 Messages
    19,299 Likes Received
    There's no evidence in this case similar to the Ray Rice case.

14. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,458 Messages
    6,694 Likes Received

LOL you really need to read the police report. Its a FACT that she told her friend to make all of this stuff up. It was her friend who stated that and not Elliot. So you must think that her friend (not Zeke's friend) is lying to the cops about not telling the truth that her friend is lying? Man, your argument is becoming more strange. Especially when most of it is based solely on assumption and nothing else.

15. tyke1doe

41,552 Messages
    19,299 Likes Received
    First, indecent exposure legally refers to the display of genitals in public. A woman's breasts aren't considered genitals.

Second, someone has to be offended by the action. If no one files a charge, then apparently no one was offended.

Third, I'm not making excuses for Zeke. He does have to be aware of his responsibility as a Cowboy and a millionaire. But ... he still has rights as a player, and Goodell cannot arbitrarily suspend him without violating a spelled-out rule and not without evidence.

RJ_MacReady and Nightman like this.
  16. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,189 Messages
    16,446 Likes Received
    We don't know the actual % of false claims, mainly due to it being tough identify without someone admitting it. Yes, the same goes for rape. Sadly, it's the nature of both crimes - tough to identify.

But there is proof, and I have provided it to you, that this woman wanted her friend to lie about Zeke abusing her. The fact that you have completely ignored that to this point tells me your bias.

And since you want to claim people on this board "beat women" due to not following the "listen and believe" narrative, look into guys with a white knight complex. Their history of mental/sexual abuse is even worse.

Screw The Hall likes this.
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,890 Messages
    5,850 Likes Received
    This entire Zeke of thing is infuriating. If I were Jerry I would threaten something drastic if this doesnt go away. All proof is that she lied and it didn't happen. So a suspension sets the precedence that any accusations no matter proven false and legally documented by real investigators not the fake NFL team ones are valid. Jerry should pay some lady to accuse Goodell of domestic violence. Will he suspend himself?
    Jerry needs to make a stand on this, completely unacceptable.

18. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

12,849 Messages
    5,171 Likes Received
    The true slippery slope, or Pandora's Box, is the league enforcing discipline on any conduct detrimental BEFORE the player actually was in the NFL. Players like Joe Mixon should expect a six game suspension even before they're drafted or signed. And how far back can NFL go to enforce their arbitrary penalties, high school?

Shinaoi likes this.
  19. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    2,543 Likes Received
    I think it is bs. Listening to Shefter on NFL live it sounds like the NFL investigation team is recommending a short suspension because they can't prove that Zeke did anything concerning domestic violence but they have some type of proof that he did something. Maybe Godell might let it go with a fine. This might be another Brady situation.

20. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    2,543 Likes Received
    I think if he gets suspended it will be to protect the shield. Give him a few games to teach Zeke a lesson. He actually might win the appeal.